Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SadhitraYour feedback matters!
I have a daughter 2 year's old. And I want 5 years gap for 2nd child. And I'm not comfortable with copper t. Can I use vaginal pills? And which one. And m feeding still. please help.
It is a common trend among youngsters to smoke weed as they tend to think it makes them look cool. It is a common misconception that smoking pot relieves various social and personal problems. It is used as a form of escape mechanism that allows them to avoid problems in life.
The usual reasons why people turn to smoking pot are:
- Peer pressure: You may have friends who smoke weed on a regular basis, so you may be tempted to join in.
- Boredom: It is a usual resort to escape from boredom or craving excitement. It is said that smoking weed helps in filling the internal void that results from lack of excitement.
- Rebellion: Weed has also been connected and continues to be a symbol of rebellion among today's teenagers and youngsters.
- Smoking weed has been shown to shrink the size of the orbitofrontal cortex, a region of the brain that is important in making decisions and processing emotions.
- It can alter your mood, hamper body movement and impairs your ability to concentrate and execute tasks.
- It increases your risk of getting affected by phlegm and cough.
- The long term effects of marijuana comprises of impaired learning and thinking skills.
- It also affects the process where new connections are formed in the brain.
- Regular weed smokers have also been shown to have lower IQ levels comparatively.
- Apart from the mental effects, it may also cause breathing discomforts as the smoke may irritate the lungs.
- It also increases the chances of heart attack in the elderly.
- Weed has also been reported to impact the fetus if a pregnant woman smokes it.
- It raises the risk of behavioral problems in children.
- The complications that a child may face are impaired problem solving skills, attention and memory related disorders.
Thus, it is important to stay away from smoking weed as it is addictive and increases your chances of getting affected by numerous health complications.
I am 20 years old & female. i am 40 kg. and I want to gain weight but feel like eating food. and getting periods pain before and during periods since last 4 years. What should I do.
शादी के बाद न केवल सामाजिक पारिवारिक, मानसिक जिम्मेदारियां बदलती है बल्कि सबसे ज्यादा बदलती है शरीरिक जिम्मेदारी। चाहे वो घर और बाहर के काम हों या फिर पति पत्नी के शरीरिक संबन्ध। और कई बार कुछ जिम्मेदारियों के साथ कुछ घटनाएं होती है जो हमें कभी खुश तो कभी परेशान कर देती हैं।अब जैसे शादी के बाद मां बनने की खुशी सातवें आसमान पर पहुंचा देता है तो वहीं इर्रेगुलर पीरियड जैसा बदलाव टेंशन और तकलीफ से मिला देता है। हालांकि अनियमित पीरियड्स होना एक मेडिकल कारण है लेकिन शादी के बाद इस समस्या के कारण और उपाय की जानकारी होना जरूरी है जिससे इससे निजात पाया जा सके।
शादी के बाद महिला के जीवन में आने वाले भावनात्मक और हार्मोनल बदलाव जिसमें कुछ अधिक चिंता की बात नहीं है अगर यह सामान्य तौर पर होता है तो पीरियड्स में होने वाला बदलाव एक तरह से संकेत होता है की मासिक धर्म को नियंत्रित करने वाले हारमोंस बैलेंस नहीं हैं।
अब समस्या है तो समाधान और उसकी वजह को समझें भी। तो आइए जानते हैं कि क्योंकि होती है अनियमित पीरियड्स की वजह और उपाय।
1. गर्भ निरोधक दवाएं खाना
शादी के बाद सामान्यतः महिला गर्भनिरोधक उपायों का इस्तेमाल करती है और दवाइयां और अन्य मेडिकल साधन इस्तेमाल करती है जिसकी वजह से हार्मोनल संतुलन बिगड़ जाता है और उसे सामान्य होने में वक़्त लगता है और यह भी आपकी पीरियड्स की अनियमितता, संख्या और अवधि को प्रभावित करता है।
उपाय – शादी के बाद परिवार नियोजन यानी फैमिली प्लांनिग करना और अनवांटेड प्रेगनेंसी से बचना बहुत जरूरी है पर इसके लिए पिल्स खाने के बजाय अन्य बचाव के तरीके अपनाएं।
2. हार्मोनल बदलाव
हॉर्मोनल चेंजेस शादी के बाद सामान्य है लेकिन समय पर डॉक्टर की राय नहीं लेने पर कई तरह की समस्याएं सामने आ सकती है जैसे कि गर्भाशय में गांठे होना और मासिक धर्म का अनियमित होना जिसकी वजह से गर्भ धारण करने में समस्या हो सकती है।
उपाय – जैसे ही आप अनियमित पीरियड की समस्या का सामना करें तो फौरन डॉक्टर को खबर करें।
3. डिसबैलेंस वजन
शादी के बाद वजन को लेकर भी समस्या हो सकती है और साथ ही कई कारणों से उत्पन हुई हार्मोनल अनियमितता की समस्या से निजात पाने में शरीर को समय लगता है और शरीर की यही प्रकिया आपके पीरियड्स की नियमितता को प्रभावित कर सकती है।
उपाय – शादी के बाद अक्सर हम खुदकी मेंटेनेन्स का ख्याल नही करते पर इस आदत से बचें और हेल्दी फाइड टाइम टेबल से सही मात्रा में ही खाएं जिससे आपका वजन रहे कंट्रोल में।
ज्यादा और डिप्रेशन या थकान की वजह से भी मासिक धर्म के नियमित होने पर भी बुरा असर पड़ता है न केवल वो आपके मासिक धर्म के अनियमित होने के लिए जिम्मेदार है बल्कि साथ ही यह वजन बढ़ने जैसी समस्या से भी दो चार होना पड़ सकता है।
उलाय - तनाव से हरसंभव बचने की कोशिश करें। जितना पॉसिबल हो पॉजिटिव और खुश रहने की कोशिश करें।
5. अल्कोहल का सेवन
अल्कोहल लेने और धुम्रपान से भी मासिक धर्मं अनियमित हो सकते है। दारू पल भर का नशा ही नहीं बल्कि गहराई से शरीर पर लंबे समय के लिए शरीर पर प्रभाव पड़ता है।
उपाय- शादी के पहले या शादी के बाद हमेशा नशे और अन्य मादक पदार्थो से जितना हो सके दूरी बनाये रखें। इसका नुकसान हमारे सामने बड़ी समस्या बनकर खड़ी हो सकती है।
6. अनहेल्दी लाइफस्टाइल
कई अनियमित पीरियड की प्रॉब्लम हमारी अनियमित और असंतुलित जीवनचर्या केई वजह से होती है। शादी के बाद अनियमित और असंतुलित लाइफस्टाइल अपनाने वाली महिलाओं की तादाद ज्यादा है।
उपाय- कभी भी किसी भी हाल में सही समय पर स्वच्छ और स्वस्थ आहार लें। नियमित वर्कआउट करें। शरीर में मिनरल्स, प्रोटीन, विटामिन, कैल्सियम युक्त पदार्थों का सेवन करें।
कीमोथेरेपी और अन्य कई कारणों से भी अनियमितता हो सकती है एक दो बार की परेशानी को आप चाहे तो अनदेखा कर सकते है लेकिन लगातार परेशानी होने के बाद आप किसी अच्छे विशेषज्ञ से इस बारे में राय लेकर उचित उपचार की व्यवस्था कर लें क्योंकि सही देखरेख और उचित टेस्ट के बाद आप निर्धारित कारणों को जानकर उचित उपचार ले सकते है और आने वाली परेशानियो से बच सकते है।
I am 21 years guy I had unprotected sex with my gf on 25 aug 2016 I came out but I am worried the precum means one drop of precum drop in her I asked about her symptom for pregnancy as now we found did not found any symptom I searched google about papaya and pineapple but want to be sure she do not get pregnant can you tell me when is the right time to do urine test?
I am getting married in a fortnight. I and my fiancée are very excited about our first night sex. I want to know how many rounds of sex are advisable on the first night as we both are virgins. Also how many rounds should we do every night without causing any damage to our organs as we want to have a very long and happy sex life. Thank you in advance.
Hi I am going. Through 6 week misccarg. But now I want to make my body strong so that I ll convinced as soon as possible. So what I do for that?
Causes and risk factors of hunchback
Hunchback results when the vertebrae in the upper back become increasingly wedge-shaped and the cause for this can be various problems such as:
Cancer and treatment for cancer.
Risk factors: there are certain groups of people who are at increased risk for developing hunchback such as:
Adolescent girls who have a poor posture.
Boys aged between 10 and 15 are at increased risk of developing scheuermann's kyphosis.
Older patients suffering from osteoporosis are at a higher risk for spinal fractures which can contribute to hunchback.
Patients having connective tissue disorders (marfan syndrome) are more prone to developing hunchback.
Signs and symptoms of hunchback
Patient may not have any signs or symptoms if the hunchback is mild.
Abnormally curved spine.
Stiffness in the back.
Pain in the back.
Investigations for hunchback
Neurological exam to check reflexes and muscle strength.
X-rays to determine the degree of curvature and to detect deformities of the vertebrae.
Computerized tomography (ct scan) for more detailed images.
Magnetic resonance imaging (mri) to rule out tumor or infection.
Nerve tests are done if the patient is experiencing any muscle weakness or numbness to check the nerve impulses.
Lung function tests are done for severe hunchback to check if the curve is affecting the patient's ability to breathe.
Me nd my gf had unprotected sex she got pregnant and we aborted the child on a very early stage she bleeded for 2 days continously and even passed the blood clots but from past two months she is not getting periods and nw she is feeling stomach ache her breasts r feeling heavier and even mood swings nd she is feeling like her periods r coming so we had unprotected sex again but now two days hav passes but she is likw no periods yet what it could be is she pregnant again or she will never get her periods back we are too much worried and afraid to go to doc plz suggest what can be done
Is it possible to go to Gym after 46? Can I use weights ?i am 46 years old male, my weight is 93 kg, sugar patient, taking tablets for sleeping from a psychiatrist for the past 6 years, pressure level is normal. Hoping to have a linen reply. Thanks.
My friend and his girlfriend indulges in unprotected sex once in a month and soon after intercourse she takes I-pill. This is happening from past 6 months. Is there any chance of getting pregnant for my friend's girlfriend.
My girlfriend had a period, after period may be 2 or 3 days after we had a sex. And after sex I gave my girlfriend unwanted 72 with in 72 hours, but after 2, 3 days again she had a second period bt it was not like regular period, like colour was different. It been 1 month and 1 week till nw she is nt having a period. What is the reason behind it? So doctor, is there any chance of pregnancy?
I am 25 years female .In August 2017 I had sex but now nov 17 have missed a period is it any ways related to pregnancy. Please help me.
Menstruation is a healthy experience of a woman’s life, and it must come habitually every 28 days, for a period of 3-4 days without coagulating, and the blood loss should correspond to about a quarter of a cup. For a woman, menstrual cycle is a virtuous indicator of her overall wellbeing. Some women get irregular periods that appear at longer intervals, an unpredictable discrepancy in the duration of the cycle and the normal twenty-eight day cycle is missing. Some women have very insignificant problems with menstrual cycles, while others experience a monthly torture.
Irregular menses is typical in early puberty and not generally perturbing. Women should be alarmed when periods are spaced out for more than two months, as this may suggest hormonal imbalance and ovulation problems. A woman’s customary hormonal cycle is contingent upon a subtle equilibrium between different hormones. Several potential triggers can stimulate hormonal imbalance leading to irregular menses. If a woman fails to ovulate, her ovaries will not receive a signal to produce a hormone called progesterone. Progesterone is essential in regulating the Uterine lining called endometrium, which is discarded during menstruation. Without progesterone, the endometrium persistently grows until it starts to break down and is disposed off as a very heavy uterine bleeding. The endometrium may also shed partially and intermittently, and bleeding becomes irregular or prolonged.
Causes of Irregular Menses:
Excessive weight loss or gain.
Excessive production of Androgen (a steroid hormone such as testosterone that controls the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics).
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (in this condition the ovary does not make all the hormones needed for any egg to mature fully, due to which some follicles remain as cysts, ovulation does not occur and the hormone progesterone is not made. Without progesterone a woman’s menstrual cycle is irregular or absent).
Symptoms of Irregular Menses:
Inconsistency in the length of menstrual cycle.
Low energy levels.
Changes in sexual desire.
Endometrial Hyperplasia (excessive cell growth in the inner lining of the uterus due to excessive estrogen production as a result of delayed ovulation).
Homeopathic Approach to Irregular Menses:
Homeopathy offers an extensive range of options than conventional medicine. Homeopathic treatment for Irregular Menstruation is very competent, non-invasive, safe and inexpensive. Homeopathy treats the patient as a whole and looks deeper into the problem, promotes the immune function and maintains uterine health by eliminating the causative factor. Homeopathic Constitutional treatment based on the holistic approach stimulates the natural hormonal balance without administering any harmful hormone preparations. The goal of this Homeopathic approach is to enliven the body's natural healing and self-repair ability to treat the underlying condition, to prevent it and to create the highest state of health and well-being.
Constitutional Homeopathic treatment with the management of an experienced and professional Homeopath is an excellent choice for Irregular Menstruation. Some Homeopathic remedies that are commonly used to treat Menstrual Irregularities are given below. These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in Menstrual Irregularity. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Homeopathic remedies for Irregular Menses:
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is one of the first remedies thought of, in affection, peculiar to women. It's essentially feminine disposition of gentleness timidity, mildness, docility – “excellent thing in woman” – is most characteristic of the drug; even tearfulness, another feminine attribute, strongly points to Pulsatilla. Then, we have fickleness, indecision and changeableness, which are certainly characteristic of Pulsatilla and of some women. Dark menses which are delayed and accompanied with this severe menstrual colic and the characteristic temperament will be the indications. The menses of Pulsatilla, besides being scanty, are quite apt to appear too late.
- Caulophyllum: This is a valuable remedy in treating irregular periods, difficulty becoming pregnant or slow childbirth due to weak muscle tone of the uterus. The patient feels menstrual discomfort with heavy bleeding and drawing pains in the pelvic region, thighs, and legs. These patients complain of habitual abortion due to uterine debility.
- Cimicifuga Racemosa: This remedy is intended for irregular and painful menses, with shooting pains that go down the hips and thighs, or cramps similar to labor-pains that are felt in the pelvic area. Women become restless, fearful, and depressed before a menstrual period. These women are strong, talkative, depressed, they try to injure themselves, and have dreams of impending evil, with fear of riding in a closed carriage.
- Lachesis: This remedy is suggested to women who are passionate, with a tremendous need for an outlet, both physically and mentally. The menstrual flow is irregular, heavy and brings relief of tension. These patients are very outspoken with strong feelings of suspicion or jealousy. They have an intolerance of restrictive clothing around the waist or neck.
- Lycopodium: This is an outstanding remedy for delayed menses that follows a heavy flow lasting more days. These patients have a ravenous appetite with a strong craving for sweets. They complain of abdominal bloating and flatulence, and always have a worried look with lack of confidence, though they may be bossy with their family.
- Murex Purpurea: This remedy works amazingly in Irregular Menstruation with large clots and feeling of protrusion. These patients feel very weak, are very conscious of a womb, and feel as if something is pressing on a sore spot in the pelvis. This sore feeling is worse on sitting, hence the patient always sits with legs tightly crossed. Least contact of parts causes violent sexual excitement in these women.
- Secale Cornutum: This is a useful remedy for Irregular menses in thin, shriveled skinned women. Their whole body is pervaded by a sense of great heat and they have burning pains in the uterus. Menses is irregular, dark and at times, there is continous oozing of watery blood until the next period. Their pregnancy concludes in a threatened abortion in the third month
- Sepia: This remedy is best suited to women who feel weary and dragged-out, and are indifferent to their own family members. She feels taken for granted and overworked, becomes irritable and sarcastic if demands are made. Menses is delayed with a feeling that the pelvic floor is weak, or as if the uterus is sagging.
Self-care measures for Irregular Menses:
Relax and ease stress.
Avoid exhausting physical exercise.
Eliminate any eating disorders.
Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Reduce your intake of salt and caffeine.
Hence, appreciate a natural way to a healthy uterus, convalesce healthy living and curtail the changes that happen during your menstrual years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.