Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sadhanandhan
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SadhanandhanYour feedback matters!
Hi sir what is the diet should be followed to prevent heart attack for the persons age above 50 male person.
My son is 35 years mentally retarded. His BP is 124- 91 @ 10 pm, 115- 75 @ 10 am, 111-78 @ 11 pm. Does he need BP tablets, some time high but not all day long. please advise. Thanks.
Loving relationships are known to improve more than just your mood, it improve your looks and your health. Researchers believe that it might just be the best medicine for most people, as it helps keep your heart healthy, beat cancer and recover faster, boosts athletic performance and leads to spiritual and emotional growth.
Mentioned below are a few of the ways, in which love may lead to a healthy heart and life:
- Better Heart Health: Research has shown that women in healthy and loving marriages are less prone to contracting cardiovascular diseases, in contrary to those in stressful marriages. It has also been discovered that love reduces the likelihood of chest pains and suffering from angina despite having high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes in men.
- Lengthens Your Life: The National Longitudinal Mortality Study studied a million subjects and concluded that couples in a loving marriage tend to live longer and have lowered risk of getting heart attacks, pneumonia, cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Their chances of committing suicide are also reduced by almost half.
- Faster Cancer Recovery: After extensive research, University of Iowa proved that patients of ovarian cancer, who were in loving relationships, had stronger WBCs i.e. White Blood Cells that kill cancerous cells, as compared to those in unhealthy relationships. They also concluded that patients in love recover quickly or completely eliminate cancer.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Studies show that when couples are together, their blood pressure is significantly lowered. This research even proved that spending time with loving and supportive friends results in lower systolic numbers.
- Keeps You Slim: Being in love is a much healthier and better option than juice cleanse, when it comes to losing that extra weight. People in loving relationships produce more adrenaline i.e. an appetite suppressant and are more likely to hit the gym and make healthier lifestyle choices to look their best. Apart from that, sex is one of the best ways to lose calories and reduce your weight.
Hi, I am taking olmat 20 half tablet daily for high blood pressure for about last one year .My blood pressure at the time of starting the medicine was 90/140. But after starting the medicine it is 80/120. Then the doctor advice me to take half tablet. Now I am fit and regularly goes for morning walk for an hour. Can I discontinue the medicine I am not taking any other medicine apart from olmat 20 mg half tablet. Or will I Have to take medicine life long.
Are you suffering from hypertension? This medical condition occurs when your blood pressure level increases rapidly. Hypertension may occur because of several reasons and it can interfere with the overall functioning of the body affecting different parts. It may lead to severe health hazards, such as stroke, heart failure and heart diseases.
Other body parts like kidneys, eyes and limbs may also be affected by hypertension. Here are the various effects of hypertension on different parts of the body:
- Circulatory system: High blood pressure may cause arteries to stretch too much, which leads to damage. A scar tissue may develop within the arteries over a period of time. This is a condition known as atherosclerosis, which traps cholesterol and plaque, leading to coronary artery disease. When the heart’s left ventricle gets thickened, the ability to pump blood gets disrupted. Trapped blood may result in blood clots, which block and narrow the arteries, causing a stroke or heart attack. Chest pain and arrhythmias are also likely to occur from high blood pressure.
- Central nervous system: An unsteady supply of oxygen in the blood leads to the dysfunction of the brain. Narrowed arteries and blood clot block the flow of blood to the brain and this is referred to as a transient ischemic attack or a mini stroke. People with this condition are more likely to experience a full stroke, if the blood supply to the brain shuts off completely. Hypertension is the biggest risk factor for strokes. Mild cognitive impairment and vascular dementia are other effects on the central nervous system due to hypertension. Retinopathy occurs when there is some damage in the blood vessels, which carry blood to the eyes. It causes bleeding and builds fluid in the retina.
- Excretory system: The kidneys too are affected when there is a lack of oxygenated blood supply and they cannot function normally. Due to restricted blood supply, the kidneys may become inefficient at removing toxins for which you may need a kidney transplant or dialysis.
- Sexual dysfunction: Hypertension may lead to certain sexual dysfunctions in men and women. In men, the insufficient supply of blood to the penis will prevent him from achieving a proper erection during sex. Chronic high blood pressure may affect arteries and blood vessels, which lead to the penis and result in erectile dysfunction. In women, the blood flow to the vagina is affected due to hypertension. This leads to vaginal dryness, decreased libido, painful intercourse and pain during intercourse.
Hypertension affects all the vital organs of the body. Hence, it is important for everyone to keep their blood pressure under check and in case of hypertension, proper management is required to reduce the various risks associated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.