Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SadhanandhanYour feedback matters!
Hi I have high BP issue. I had gone through the various test but are was found ok. The doctor subscribed me concor 5 mg daily. Mostly I am not feeling any problem but my bp is some times of the time about 180/100.
My weight is 110 kg. I have problem of high bp also. Give me some tips to reduce weight and to control bp, my height is 5.8.
Hello, My name is gursharn. I am 27 years old male. I am having dizziness, belching, indigestion, feeling like stomach is full from a 13 days. What may be the reason behind this. My cholesterol is 168 and haemoglobin 12.8 Thanks.
Hello doctor my age is just 23 and I have different BP in my both hand right one higher nearly 150 and also I checked my bpm which is above 95 from last one year, and always feel tired and it's really hard to sleep at night please help me.
Sir/madam, I am 33 years old my bp is 90 to 130 and my weight is 66 kgs. So I want to know how to control normal BP as well as how 2 maintain daily diet. Please tell me.
My total cholesterol is 166, LDL -119 and HDL -37. I am taking Fibator once daily. OK advise remedy to control LDL.
I have high bp of 100 150 my age is 44 I take tele act beta 25. Shall I continue this medicine or else I change please suggest.
I am a 65 years old male suffering from High BP and diabetic since last 7 years. Recently I am getting white patches on my elbow and ankles. What may be the reason and treatment?
I m a beta thalassemia person. And my body colour is getting yellowish day by day. Is there any natural way to overcome this? And also since few months my chest is paining.
I am 28 year guy and I am sufering from heart palpitation or rapid heart rate, high pulse rate, sometime it mid chest tightens, shortness of breath, ecg. Bp, sugar, lipid profile, lift, thyroid are normal, my local doctor say its gerd. Sm say panic attack. I am taking rabidoc it bbf and atrolip 10 mg hs, metlar 12.5 relieve this symptom. But it may decrease bp. Serum iron is 38. Suggest medicine, diagnosis.
My father is heart patient. His heart work only 25%. There is pain on every night in his right chest. There is mind of vomiting but it doesnot come. Very weak. Pain in legs. Diabetes is well. What should we do? please anyone give genuine solution?
WHAT TO DO IF MY BODY TEMPERATURE SUDDENLY DROPPED TO 35.9 celsius? I HAVE NECK AND SPINE DISL RUPTURES AND BLOOD PRESSURE SOMETIMES GOES UP/DOWN. BUT WHAT ARE IMMEDIATE REMEDIES?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.