Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhana SridharYour feedback matters!
I got periods with in 10 days of my last period. On 15th of this month my periods end bt in 10 days they again come. Is there any other reason for that.
Hello mam, I am 29 years old. I have 6 month baby girl. After pregnancy I am having irregular periods. Around 20th Aug I had my last periods. We had relation around 15 th sept. We were not sure about ejaculations hence I took unwanted 72 in 24 hrs but still m not getting periods. Please suggest. Why a big daily in periods? What should I do for periods to come?
When periods am suffering from heavy stomach pain, back pain, leg pain whole day. Is this becoz of gastric? Any home remedies is there?
I have irregular period problem. And also having right ovarian simple cyst. Ovaries: Right ovary: 5.8 -4.2 cms Enlarged in size with simple cyst measuring 4.5 -3.8 cms Left ovary: 2.7-1.3 cms Normal in size and echotexture. Doctor suggested to use T.femilon for 3 months from day 5 -21 days. And I am using the medicine from last 10 days. Now I am getting so much of weakness and headache and getting pimple. I am taking food properly but still having those above mentioned problems. So please help me on this scenario to reduce that things. Thank you.
Just before a week my mother went under a laparoscopic surgery and hysterectomy and both the ovaries and follicles are removed. She has pains. Now she is taking bed rest. How long she need rest to completely recover?
She had unprotected sex last month i. E sep, she even took ipill, after that due date for periods was 10 sep and it was normal period but bit painful, she took pregnancy test which was negative, but for oct due date for her periods was 8 oct but its delayed by 7 days, are there any chances of pregnancy or what is the reason behind the late periods?
Hi you told me I may not pregnant but what could be the reason behind it because Dr. told us intercourse time and then she did scan. Then she told egg ruptured it is showing yellow in color. Then what could be reason? Why am not pregnant? Why my ruptured egg didn't passed the fulope tube? Please help me out.
She is feeding her baby. During feeding she got some bite from the kid on hg er nipple. She is getting bit pain when feeding. Please suggest.
This is my 3rd month of pregnancy .i always catch cold and fever (due to weather change) which last for 3 to 4 days. I suffer from fever after every 12 to 15 days. My immunity is very low. Will this fever effect the baby?
IS using condom to cover the penis whie intercourse is helpful? If is it so then in my case my husband fingered me without washing his hands. So is there a chance of being pregnant?
I am 28 year old and I am pregnant now. My blood parameters like hb, thyroid profile glucose levels are perfectly normal but my scan report at 16 weeks said my placenta is big. No family history of dm. I am worried what to do ?
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.