Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. SabareesanYour feedback matters!
Hi my age 28 male weight: 65 my skin tone is black. On my face full of dark spots is tre. Due to pimples. Can what type of treatment I have to take?
Almost every person salivates over desserts and sweets. One does not need a special occasion to get their sweet tooth going. While the lip smacking sugary delight might impress the taste buds, it is sure to affect the health in a big way. If you thought that sugar was only bad for your waistline and general health, then you need to know that it is equally harmful for your skin. In fact, it can lead to serious dermatological conditions.
Harmful effects of sugar on the skin
A lot of what we eat reflects on our body externally. A number of internal changes can influence the external appearance of the body. Excessive intake of carbohydrates, starch and sugar can have an adverse effect on the skin. It can also accelerate the ageing process. But what triggers these complications needs to be understood and discussed in detail.
Carbohydrates can be simple or complex. Simple carbohydrates (cake, bread; to name a few) break down and convert to glucose rapidly. Increased glucose level implies increased insulin level, and causes inflammation, which affects the whole body. The enzymes produced during inflammation breaks down important proteins, namely elastin and collagen, leading to wrinkles and saggy skin.
Acne problems mainly arise from Glycation (the process through which digested sugar attaches permanently to the collagen). Glycation plays a significant role in accelerating the ageing process.
Complex carbohydrates, on the other hand, is good for health. When ingested, complex carbohydrates break down at a much slower rate. As a result, there is no abnormal increase in the insulin level.
Corrective measures to check the harmful effects of sugar on the skin:
With a little care and preventive measures, the deleterious effects of sugar on the skin can be minimised.
- Supplement your diet with foods rich in antioxidants. Lean proteins, fibrous foods and diets rich in good fats are highly recommended. Include beans and nuts that have low glycemic value in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Food items containing high amount of saturated fats (cheese, ice creams, fried foods; to name a few), and with high glycemic value should be strictly avoided.
- Do not compromise with your sleep. A sound sleep and a stress-free life is the mantra to a glowing and youthful skin.
- Practice meditation and yoga diligently. The rewarding and positive outcomes will leave you in awe.
- Do not skip your meals or indulge in overeating. Have small servings at regular intervals.
Hi I want to whiten my skin I have a brownish skin please name any good soap which can help to reduce my mean and make me fair I do not want to go for anything expensive provide me name of soap or night cream I am a normal skin.
Dear Sir, I am 40 years old, my problem is I have pain at the place of anal. In the time of motion it will heavy pain.
I have a problem. When ever I drink water after 10-15 min I have to go in bath room. I mean water can't be stay more time in my body. It's come early by urin. For that disease. I have to face lot of problems. E. G.- my Beard get white and hair also white and I have chhala in mouth and happened gase problem.
I am an almost 18 year old male and I have been experiencing a skin problem for past two years. The problem is that whenever I scratch my skin, it swells out. Even if I scratch lightly it still happens. The swelling disappears automatically in about 20-30 minutes. It has been there for a long time as I told above. For some months it automatically disappears and then after a few months it again starts happening. I consulted some doctors but none of them really worked. Please help.
Im having dark circles and want to get rid of them, I'm getting married in another 4 months. Can someone suggest a good treatment to cure my dark circles. I follow good diet, make sure I drink about 4ltrs water and get ample sleep.
I have black spot as well as pimples on my face. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but I did not see any changes. W. 1 DOCTOR ANSWERED.
I'm 20 years old guy since 3-4 years whenever I start sweating after that my sweat smell especially from both underarms a bad smell occur I feel eww and thats make me annoying when I'm with people around me please help me to overcome this problem and what is the reason behind this please help note-: I use due but not directly body just on cloths. 2nd problem is in my both underarms I have dark black patches please suggest to remove that black patches forever.
I have freckles and pigmentation around my lips and also dark hollow circles under my eyes what do I do?
I am 21year. My skin is fear but not so glossy. I have deep dark circles around eye. Please give some advice.
How to prevent shrinking of face skin and neck skin, is there any remedy. Babu: Titan4india@yahoo. Com.
Hi, I am 22 year old I have dark circle in my eyes so badly and I don't look good so I want to get rid of dark circles asap.
Melasma is a common skin problem where the skin becomes patchy brown, tan, or there is blue grey facial skin discoloration. It is also known as chloasma or mask of pregnancy. It occurs in women during the reproductive years and occurs rarely in men. It is primarily related to external sun exposure, external hormones like birth control pills and internal hormonal changes seen during pregnancy. Women with Melasma have a history of daily or intermittent sun exposure.
- Symptoms of Melasma: Melasma causes patches of discoloration, which are darker than typical skin colour. It occurs symmetrically with matching marks on both sides of face. It normally appears on the upper cheeks, upper lip, forehead and chin. It can also occur on the other areas of one's body which are often exposed to sun. Skin discoloration is not physically harmful, but it can affect the self-confidence of a person. Darker skinned individuals are more at risk as compared to fair skinned individuals. Melasma is associated with oestrogen and progesterone sensitivity, thus it can be triggered by birth control pills, pregnancy and hormone therapy. In few cases, stress and thyroid disease can also cause Melasma. Women taking hormone replacement therapy during menopause are also at high risk of getting Melasma
- Diagnosis of Melasma: A visual exam of the affected area is sufficient to diagnose Melasma. The doctor will perform the wood's lamp examination that uses ultraviolet (UV) light to look at the skin closely. However, the doctor may perform a biopsy to check for any serious skin conditions.
- Treatment of Melasma: When Melasma is caused by pregnancy or birth control pills, it disappears on its own. One can use creams containing hydroquinone or prescribed topical steroids, which can lighten the tone of the affected areas. Other options include chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion which will remove the upper layers of skin and help lighten dark patches. In cases of severe Melasma, doctor may suggest laser treatments to remove the dark pigment.
It is quite possible that Melasma will clear up with treatment, there are things one must do to not to aggravate the condition and minimize appearance of the discoloration. These include usage of makeup to cover areas of discoloration, wearing sunscreen daily or wearing a hat with wide brim to provide shade to the face. The patients with Melasma are known to be at a lesser risk for Melanoma. Even if Melasma disappears, it can strike back especially if preventive measures regarding exposure to sun are not followed. Resolution with strict sun avoidance and topical bleaching creams can take sufficient time and patients should expect slow, but gradual lightening.
7 Anti-Beauty Habits That Kill Your Looks the Most!
You might be spending a lot to add to your beauty. But there are many bad habits which affect your beauty. Here is the list of the most common terrible habits which might be damaging your skin and health.
1. Squeezing pimples: When you pop a pimple, clogged pore is burst open releasing bacteria. These bacteria come in contact with your rest of the skin and increase the acne. Moreover, habit of squeezing pimples may also leave scars and pock marks. The best way to get rid of pimples is to use medicated/ antibacterial soap and let it heal itself.
2. Licking/ chewing your lips: Chewing your lips make them even drier and chapped. It makes you to lick and chew your lips more often. Excessive lip biting also results into bleeding and infection. To avoid this, get yourself a good lip balm and apply regularly to moisturize and protect your lips.
3. Nail biting: Nail biting result in ugly hands, fingers and nails due to cuticle biting. It can also result in infections of nails, mouth, finger and dental problems affecting your smile too. Work upon triggers to prevent these issues by yoga, manicure etc.
5. Sleeping with makeup on: Make up clog your skin pores and oil glands, making it difficult to breathe and prone to acne. To avoid this, spare sometime before going to sleep to cleanse your makeup and moisturize the skin well.
6. Ignoring the sunscreen: Ignoring sunscreen in summer is exposing your skin to UV rays. UV rays cause wrinkles and dry your skin giving you the older look. To protect your skin from UV rays, use sunscreen before half n hour of going out.
7. Inadequate sleep: Inadequate sleep releases the stress hormone in the body. It also ages your skin by decreasing collagen from skin. Hence try getting enough sleep.
The sudden change in the looks, color or texture of the skin indicates the skin diseases. This can result in swelling, chapping, itching, blistering etc. that can or can’t accompany with pain. The skin disorder may be localized on the specific part or may spread to the whole body; this disease is known as Atopic Dermatitis. The discomfort or pain of this disease also creates an awkward condition with looks. Many skin diseases like pimples, eczema problem, rashes, and fungal infections along with Atopic Dermatitis much more are commonly found in the people. Measles, rubella, roseola, chicken pox these are common skin diseases found in children. In some conditions, the blistered and inflamed skin can be very painful and the virus infection can continue to chickenpox.
The factors causing Atopic Dermatitis are as wide ranging as the kinds of diseases it. The Atopic Dermatitis can be caused due to heat, immune system weakness, infections, medications, and allergy with chemicals like rubber, cosmetics, detergents, soaps, dyes, etc.
Even the skin type and the various alcohols based or infrequent shampooing is also responsible for the skin problems. Some uncontrolled factors like aging, fatigue, weather and fatigue can often develop skin diseases gradually.
Atopic Dermatitis is very efficiently treated with natural Homeopathic medicines. The medicines firstly help in decreasing the severity of disease, itching and the frequency of relapses. And with the constitutional natural Homeopathic remedies selected solely on the basis of individual symptoms, there is a promise of eradicating the disease from its root. The Homeopathic medicine selection is based upon the totality of symptoms. The totality includes the site of eruption, the type of eruption, the worsening and relieving factors, time of itching, desires and aversions regarding food, sensitivity towards heat and cold, and the peculiar mental symptoms if present in a high degree. Homeopathic remedies help in eradicating Dermatitis from the root by increasing the patient’s immunity to the optimal level so that there won’t be any hypertensive flare-ups. The Homeopathic treatment for Atopic Dermatitis is not instant and does take time though, varying from months to a year depending upon the severity, duration of Dermatitis, plus the individual response to the remedy taken.
Top Homeopathic Medicines For Atopic Dermatitis
- Sulphur: for Atopic Dermatitis with dry scaly skin and itching
- Graphites: for Atopic Dermatitis in folds of skin (Flexural Eczema)
- Rhus Tox: for Atopic Dermatitis with asthmatic complaints
- Mezereum: for Atopic Dermatitis on scalp with discharging eruptions
- Natrum Mur: for Atopic Dermatitis with eruptions along hairline
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.