Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SaaraYour feedback matters!
If a women wants to conceive after 43 what kind of diet she should take n what kind of supplements she should advice for a healthy n normal child.
Hi. I am 40 year old my wife is 33 year old, her sex drive has reduced too much almost nil. We have not copulated since 4 months. Any solution.
Planning your pregnancy means thinking about what it means to have a baby and making decisions with your partner about the future of your family. Are you ready to be parents now? Or do you want to wait a while?
Certain tips you must follow before you try to get pregnant:
- Schedule a preconception visit: You don't have to have a doctor or midwife lined up to deliver your baby yet, but consult gynaecologist, midwife or family doctor now for a preconception checkup.Your practitioner will likely discuss diet, weight, exercise and any unhealthy habits you may have (such as smoking, drinking, and taking drugs); recommend a multivitamin; make sure you're up to date on your immunizations.
- Take folic acid (and watch out for vitamin A): You can buy folic acid supplements at the drugstore, or you can take a prenatal or regular multivitamin. Check the label on multivitamins to make sure they contain the 400 mcg of folic acid you need.
- Give up binge drinking, smoking, and drugs and get help if you need it: If you smoke or take drugs, now's the time to stop. Many studies have shown that smoking or taking drugs can lead to miscarriage, premature birth and low-birth-weight babies.
- Stock your fridge with healthy foods: You're not eating for two yet, but you should start making nutritious food choices now so your body will be stocked up with the nutrients you need for a healthy pregnancy.
- Check your caffeine intake: While there's no consensus on exactly how much caffeine is safe during pregnancy, experts agree that pregnant women and those trying to conceive should avoid consuming large amounts.
- Aim for a healthy weight: You may have an easier time conceiving if you're at a healthy weight. Having a low or high body mass index (BMI) makes it harder for some women to become pregnant.
- Create and follow an exercise program: Start and stick to a fitness plan now, and you'll be rewarded with a healthy body that's fit for pregnancy.
I am going to have sex with my gf for the first time nd I don't want to use condom so how pregnancy can be prevented without taking pills also?
I'm 6 month pregnant and did delivery last week because baby had microcephaly. Shall I get pregnant again I had some complications had 4 month abortion in 2012 due to fibroid after 8 months mymectomy done after 6 months conceived and cizerian delivery in 2014 now this delivery. When shall I prepare for pregnancy and whether this child will have microphelly ,please tell me may I get fibroid again ,could I able to conceive again ,is their possibilities for normal delivery in future.
Sir please help me. Yesterday me and my gf (would be wife) having sex. I had used condom but unfortunately the condom got bursted and my orgasm went into hers. It was the 3rd day after her period. Any chance of pregnancy.
Why whitish nipple discharge occurs when nipples are squeezed and nipple skin became rough. Why this happens? What to do?
I am 19 years old, having irregular periods like twice in a month, am feeling lathargic always may be for this reason.
Does your work require you to sit for long hours? Following a bad sitting posture for a long time can cause a lot of health problems like depression, low energy levels, back or neck pain, fatigue, headache etc. But the good news is that you can correct these posture defects very easily by following a few simple tricks throughout the day. Here’s how.
1. Sit up straight
Sitting up straight is easy if you follow these simple rules.
a. Use an ergonomically designed chair made according to your height and weight as it will provide your body with the required support to sit straight. You can buy such a chair online from any leading furniture shopping website.
b. Ensure that your back remains aligned to the back of your chair to prevent slouching or leaning forward.
c. Try to keep your shoulders straight and squared, paired with an upright head and aligned neck, back, and heels, similar to your standing posture.
2. Ensure that your ears are in line with your shoulders
Use this small trick to maintain the correct posture throughout the day. Whenever you lean forward or backward too much, your ears won’t be in line with your shoulders and you will know that it’s a wrong posture.
3. Uncross your legs
The correct sitting posture requires you to keep your feet grounded. Be careful not to cross your legs and leave one of them hanging in front of you. If your feet find it difficult to reach the ground, you can use a footrest or a small stand for placing them.
4. Take the help of a lumbar support pillow
A lumbar support pillow is a cushion that has been designed to support your spine and help you maintain a straight sitting position. Every time you sit on the chair, the pillow ensures that you sit straight. You can roll up a thick towel and use it instead of a lumbar support pillow as well to get the same benefits.
5. Do some desk exercises at regular intervals
Exercising after sitting for long hours can help you to relax by loosening stiff muscles, besides having the added benefit of correcting your posture. Take small exercise breaks and try out the following workouts, while still sitting on your chair-
a. Maintain an upright position and raise your arms above your head, while ensuring that your elbows remain straight. Bend to your right first and then left, while keeping your fingers interlocked.
b. Extend your left leg forward, while remembering to keep your toes pointed towards the front. Change the position of your toes so that they point upward. Follow the same steps for 5 for times and then do the same with your right leg.
Maintaining a correct posture will not only keep you away from the health hazards of a bad posture, but will also enhance your appearance and increase your energy levels.
Sir, Extreme fatigue and redness in eye during menstruation, what is the reason? How to over come that?
My baby age s 15 weeks. How to increase breast milk pls tel me. Which month I vl start food for my baby. And which food I vl give to my baby.
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!
I had unprotected sex with a girl in periods. It just happened. Also I did came inside her bcoz she wanted me to. And I had shaved the same day and while washing myself I realized that I was bleeding to due to a cut. Im really worried as this shouldn't have happened but now what are the tests I need to do for any infection or something also is there any chance of her getting pregnant.
Helo doc. While having sex I do not feel anything from last 3-4 days. I want to feel that pleasure. N also want to is sex safe during periods.
I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should i do as i have gained 15 kg weight.
Imagine yourself in a situation; your son will reach his puberty in next couple of years and you want him to reach this critical age with complete understanding of how a man and woman’s body works. This is not an imagination, but most of us either have already faced this situation or will going to face it in future.
Shivani Misri Sadhoo, an eminent psychologist in Delhi, today’s shares her tips on how to talk to your son about periods.
First you should start a direct conversation with your son; don’t run in circles, tell him about periods and patiently answer all his questions. Be as straightforward as you can. You can start your conversation like:
1. In your school you have seen older boys, their voices sound heavy like your father’s. This happens because when boys grow up they pass through a phase where lot of physical changes take place, both inside and outside of the body. This phase is called puberty.
2. During puberty a boy’s voice change, hair grows in his facial and genital region. Just like that, when girls hit their puberty they start menstruating.
3. Just like birds, mammals including humans come from an egg which is inside a girl’s body. The egg develops inside a girl every month though she doesn’t necessarily get pregnant every month. When the girl doesn’t get pregnant, the egg passes out of her body with some blood.
4. When a girl menstruates, her body sheds the lining of the uterus along with an unfertilised egg and it flows from the uterus to the cervix and out of her body through the vaginal opening. This whole process is called menstruation or periods.
5. A girl bleeds every month for around four or more days depending on her menstrual cycle. Yes, your mother goes through it too till a certain age.
6. For hygiene girls use sanitary pads, which absorb the blood. Hence, the pad is placed near the cervix covering the vaginal area.
7. During periods, some women might feel discomfort or pain in the lower abdomen area; others may feel a slight discomfort.
8. It is not something to be embarrassed by or something you should make fun of. It is very normal. It is a sign of a girl being healthy. Not getting periods on time is very unhealthy, and might prove to be a big medical problem.