Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S YamunaYour feedback matters!
Mera name shashi hai meri age 23 years hai, mera baby sirf 1 month ka hi hai magar mujhe dudh hi nahi aa raha hai mai darti hu ki bahar ka dudh pilane se mera baby kamzor ho jayega so please mujhe medicine bataiye jiska istemal karne se mai apna dudh baby ko pila saku.
My child is 3.5 months old and the colour of his stool is green and watery. We gave him walmycin antibiotic and zinc but there is no effect. Kindly suggest best medicine. Can we give him 1/4 sachet of sporlac for clearing bacteria? Please suggest us the best as we are worried about our son.
I am 72 kg female with a height of 5'5" I am 31 years old and a mother of 8 years old kid. I want to loose weight. Have heard abt weight loss pills. Please suggest me about it and its side effects too so that I can loose weight n be fit again.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.
Hi, I had boy baby on 2/11/2016. Just one month over now. I want to apply oil for body massage. Which oil is the best to apply. And also which is the best powder and soap. Kindly tell me.
My daughter examined by a doctor when she was 4+. She had urine infection that time. Now she is 7. She played game with her school friend in school premises where she told her to touch her private part. She play doctor doctor with her frnds. When I asked her y she is playing all these game. That time she told me that once doctor touch me here for checkup. She likes that touch. So she started playing doctor doctor Although she never played this at home. She played in school's washroom. She promised me that she won't repeat it again. But pls help me what should I do. It might b happen again.
Dear sir, my baby is three months old but I still get extreme pain during breast feeding her, can you please help me with some suggestions or name some medicine that reduces the pain.
My baby is of 2 month. Whenever I feed her, she do green potty with a lot of mucus in that and her stomach gets filled up with gas. Due to gas she cries a lot and cannot sleep also in morning or at night. What should I do though my diet is normal without oil and spices.
As she is my niece I care about her too much. She got coughing problem many time what should I do to preserve her from infection & cold.
Kal morning school jate time van me vomiting hua. Night me phir vomiting hua. Night me disentry (pechise) 3 timekya krun age - 5 year boy. Eating me intrest nahi hai. Biskit Khaya tha rat me.
My baby boy is 4 months 14 days old. By end of 5th month, I would like to introduce him a solid food. So, please suggest me which solid food is better for him.
My son (11 years) have been suffering from cough since last 2 years. Though the cough is intermittent in nature, he says that something blocks his chest, for which, he coughs. He was diagnosed with anti allergy medicines, but of no use. Can you suggest the remedy?
My son is 3.5 year old and having cavities in his teeth. I consult to local dentist. He suggested to do 3d scan of jaw. So we do the test. After checking the report doctor told to do root canal of 8 teeth. Four no of front and other 4 are rear tooth. So my worry is that, can we go for root canal treatment and there is no effect of this treatment on his permanent teeth later. Please suggest. There is no child specialist at my town.
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
There might be several causes which can contribute to the development of this disorder. Some of them are:
- A drastic change in the child's lives: A sudden or a drastic change like the divorce of parents may severely affect the child and maim him emotionally. This may lead to the development of this disorder.
- Depression: Though always associated with adults, depression can be and is common among children as well. In such instances, a consequent development of ADHD is highly plausible.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder refers to excessive and incomprehensible mood swings. Many children suffer from it in their early lives, making them susceptible to ADHD.
Notwithstanding the ambiguity and the erratic nature of the disorder, there might be preventive measures which parents might adopt to deter the outbreak of the disorder. Some of them are:
- Less use of preservatives: Parents must be careful about what their children eat. Those foods which contain a certain amount of preservatives tend to aggravate the disorder thereby causing more harm than good.
- Consider alternative forms of medications: Another way of dealing with this problem is by exploring other forms of medications and not sticking to one form. In this respect, practicing yoga may be very beneficial.