Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S YamunaYour feedback matters!
Dear my doctor, My new born child (male) born on 28th july 2015, what is the milk feed rate for 1 month from this date daily wise. Thanking you sir.
My baby 10 month old is suffering from fever from last three days and become senseless 2 times for last 2 days and till now he is suffering from fever please suggest what to do?
We have one and half year old baby she had loose motion in 1 hours 2 times and that is also a liquid loose motion temperature of 50 degree centigrade in Ahmedabad but fortunately we have a air conditioner so she is not getting heat, giving enough water and food fruits. Recently we have given rasi. Please advice
My son born day before yesterday by sesorian now he is crying with hungry but he wont drink to breastfeed what to do. ?
My 15 month old son is constipated. We gave him an oral laxative, still he is not passing stools. It has been the case since a month. Please advise.
My baby (boy) is two months old and his stomach is out of belly, 1 inches outer from belly, why its longer and how to cure it or how to make it normal, please help.
My 3 week old baby falls asleep during feedings and just won't burp. I hold him upright for up to half an hour while patting her back pretty well. He is drinking both formula and breast milk (both from the bottle). At times he will burp twice and I lay her down, he gets uncomfortable and cries a little, I pick her up and he burps again. I have to do this every 5 to 10 minutes sometimes. Often he will demand more milk when he looks uncomfortable from what seems like gas as he does pass gas after squirming and crying some. Tell me what to do. ?
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.