Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Sir, mere bete ki age 8 sal h. Uski aankhe kai dino se jpak rhi h. Dr. Ko dikhaya to nmi ki kmi bta rhe h. Drops tobcon. F and recool plus dal rhi hu lekin agar ek din bi bhul jati hu tb vhi problem ho jati h. Kya ye drops lifetime dalni pdengi, ya fir in drops se bache ki aankhe thik bi hongi ya ni, ye bimari aage jakr koi bdi bimari to ni bnegi na. please help me.
My daughter is 9 years old she has a problem of bed wetting. I am currently having homeopathic treatment but not really working. Any treatment for this. Reply asap.
My son is not at all eating any thing unless he hungry every alternate day. He is active. He drinks milk early mornings with feeding btl, then afternoons after if he eats, or drinks and sleeps after he eats, then he in the evening before he wakes from sleep and then before he sleeps. I afraid of his eating disorder by which my wife and I have tried a lot of things too. Kindly help us.
My baby is 22 months now.. She is not talking anything.. She can utter hardly 15 to 20 words.. Am worried. At what age usually kids start speaking.. And when will my baby speak.. Is it a serious pblm..
Hello Doctor. My son is 16 months now. He is extremely hyperactive child, showing the following symptoms- 1) He doesn't like to play with toys. He just likes climbing on tables, chairs and window grills. 2) If we get him new toys, he will just see it for a few minutes and then throw it away. 3) He wants to be out of the house all time. He cry's to go with any unknown person when they are leaving the house. 4) If we keep him out, he will just start walking. He will not even care to see if we are there with him or not. 5) He is very impatient for something he likes. For example he is very restless while feeding him oranges. He will not allow you to peel it. He just wants it immediately and will hit you if you don't give him fast. 5) Although we keep talking to him, till now he doesn't utter any words, no actions like'bye' etc. He only yells aloud. 6) He just cannot sit in one place and needs someone constantly. If you don't play with him even for a few minutes, he will put his head on the floor and start moaning in frustration. 7) He has been a troublesome child right from birth. Hardly used to sleep for just a few minutes during the whole day and night. Now, although his sleeping pattern has improved during the nights. During the day he still sleeps less. Probably around 1 hour if at all he sleeps. 8) When he was smaller, around 9-12 months, he used to watch television advertisements with great attention. He would not blink his eyes even if you nudge him or pat him lightly on his head. This is the only thing that grabs his attention, even now. Doctor, is my child showing signs of any disorder or is it too early to predict? Does he need any treatment? please help. Thanks.
My daughter 3 months old and she is suffering from lice in hair. Please suggest the best brand hair oil to prevent from lice?
My daughter is 7 years old and she is having bed wetting problem. Please do suggest me what should I do ?
My son is 6 years old (class 2 student) and he does not note down any thing from school black board but he is fine to write if someone dictate the text (though he take lot of time than others in writing that too) he has eye sight problem and wearing specs as suggested by eye specialist. He is fine in learning things and good in maths and other subject other than writing problem. He has some problem in motor skills too. Please advise.
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition wherein the body doesn’t metabolise sugar properly. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, is responsible for carrying the sugar or glucose, from the bloodstream to the individual cells. When the pancreas fails to produce insulin, glucose builds up in your bloodstream and enters your urine. Homeopathy focuses on the overall health of the individual. Homeopathic medicines for diabetes include:
1. Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic medicine is best for diabetics who have weak muscles, increased appetites and frequent urination.
2. Phosphorus: If symptoms include weak vision, Phosphorus is the best remedy for it.
3. Syzygium Jambolanum: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for diabetes mellitus. It acts efficiently and promptly in lowering sugar levels.
4. Phosphoric acid: If you feel exhausted or weak all the time, either physically or mentally, then Phosphoric acid is beneficial. Weak memory, forgetfulness and numb feet are also treated with Phosphoric acid.
5. Gymnema Sylvestre: Sometimes, diabetics drastically lose weight and have low energy levels. Gymnema Sylvestre is an excellent remedy for such symptoms.
Sometimes one or more homeopathic medicines may be combined to treat symptoms. Some common combinations include:
1. Lachesis, Arnica, Belladonna and Phosphorus are combined in a treatment to treat retinopathy, which is damage to the eyes caused by diabetes.
2. Serum Anguillae, Arsenic Album and Lycopodium are used together to treat kidney damage (nephropathy) in diabetics.
3. Helonias, Sulphur and Phosphoric acid are taken to deal with neuropathy or nerve problems such as numbness in feet and hands.
4. Syzygium Jambolanum is combined with Secale Cornutum to treat skin ulcers, which is a common problem among diabetics.
5. For people suffering from constipation due to diabetes, Natrum Sulph, Defloratum and Carlsbad are the best medicines.
6. To improve weak memory, Phosphoric acid, Nux Vom and Kali Phos are the best remedies for diabetics.
7. Sometimes diabetics complain of extreme, incapacitating weakness. To improve energy and boost overall health, Carbo Veg, Phosphoric acid, Phosphorus and Arsenic Album are recommended.
My 2 years baby fell at my home. After 2,3 minutes his forehead was in reddish and also swelled. We use little thromphophob and also ice pack for reduction of swelling. He s having little temperature. What can I do immediately.?
My daughter is 6 years old and for last 1 week she is having one big boil on her left forehead and in some parts of head along with lower part of left eye having boils and swelling. We are cleaning it with warm water and twice we are putting Himalaya eye drops twice a day. But the boil is in puss formation on her forehead. Please suggest medical reason and cure. Could it be because she ate mangoes during this summer month or probably because of excessive rising temperature of this summer?
My 4.5 month old baby boy did nit like breast milk and formula milk. Whenever we have tried to feed him they are reacting for vomiting. Please suggest me what to do.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.