Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. Wasim Khan
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. S. Wasim KhanYour feedback matters!
I m so happy sirs treatment.
Tonsillitis is a disorder of the tonsils present on the back of your throat. The tonsils acts as a defensive mechanism in the body as they prevent the body from infections. This is a contagious condition and can occur at any age. It is widely prevalent among school going kids.
Tonsillitis may be classified into two types:
- Chronic tonsillitis: This type of tonsillitis tends to last for an extended duration with symptoms of bad breath and tenderness in the lymph nodes.
- Recurrent tonsillitis: This is a form of acute tonsillitis which repeats itself over a year.
Causes: Tonsils prevent various virus and bacteria from entering the body through the mouth by producing antibodies. The tonsils, however, may become vulnerable to these infections. A virus that causes common cold or the bacteria that causes strep throat may result in tonsillitis. The most common cause of this disorder is the strep bacteria. School going children are especially vulnerable to this disorder because they are most prone to various infections.
The various viruses that may cause tonsillitis are:
- Herpes simplex virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Influenza virus
- Parainfluenza virus
The various symptoms of tonsillitis are
- Swallowing difficulties
- A sore throat
- The sore throat may result in bad breath
- You may experience fever and chills
- Pain in the head, ear and stomach
- You may experience stiffness in the neck and the jaw
- Swollen tonsils with possible redness
- Changes in voice
- Symptoms of cold
Treatment: The treatment for tonsillitis is usually antibiotics and in some cases, tonsillectomy. The antibiotics help in getting rid of the bacterial infection. Surgery is only done in cases where tonsillitis is chronic in nature. It is important that you drink fluids and restrict smoking to prevent tonsillitis.
I have been getting inflamed tonsils for the past 2 years. I am planning to get the operation done. How much possibility there is of getting it back? and for how much time would I be away from it? and yes I am 23 years old male and also would it be okay to get the treatment done from a clinic instead of an hospital?
Hello sir, My head reeling every time when standing. Every medicine used but no effects. What should i do?
When I swallow my saliva in my throat is paining a lot it is from 3 days can you tell me the reason? And tablet for this?
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.