Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Dear doctor, my father's age is 85, for the last 15 days he is suffering with vomitings and unable to pass the urine. Freequently, he stoodup and go for urinals but only few times he passed. At last consult the doctor, he said creatine levels are increased and all fluids levels are went down like potasiuem, sodiuem chloride etc. The doctor administred the cath pipe for 3 days then entire urine was flown down. Doctor also said that my father is suffering with prostate problem need surgery. At last the operation went successful but unable to control the vomitings due to the fluids levels are down as said by the doctor. Now the urine was clear starting with red then now discharging normall urine. He is so weak and unable to walk also his legs and hands getting tighted without support of two persons he cannot walk. Is it the symptom of any paralysis attack. Can I do the electrolyte test to my father? so please suggest good medicines for speedy recovery. At least he should as normal as he could do his own nature works.
I am 30 Year old. And I hav two kidney stones in my right kidney. Both r dissolved but I feel little bit pain some time. So what I will do. Hav I take medicine or not.
Hello. Am vishal I am 26 years old. I am feeling pain because of kidney stone. I have 6 mm. Kidney stone at right side in line. I have taken liquid liquid medicine.
I have no symptoms. My prostate is 27.7 gm and post void urine is 47cc. I have no symptoms. I am 25 years old. And Doctor said it is normal. What is the normal size of prostate at my age?
Nephrotic syndrome is a type of kidney disorder wherein, the body passes out excess amount of proteins through urine, owing to the damage caused to the tiny clusters of blood vessels in the kidneys. The symptoms include putting on excessive weight as a result of fluid retention, foamy urine and severe swelling around the region of the feet, ankles and eyes.
Common causes behind it
- Minimal change disease (also known as nil disease) leads to the abnormal functioning of the kidneys
- Excess deposit of amyloid proteins in the organs, thus taking a toll on the filter mechanism of the kidneys.
- Diabetes affecting the glomeruli (capillaries present in the nephrons of the kidneys).
- Systemic lupus erythematous causing chronic swelling of your kidney.
- Membranous nephropathy wherein the membranes in your glomeruli thicken.
- Infections such as malaria, hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV.
- Medications to combat infections and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Kidney Biopsy is an essential part of disease assessment.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors bring down blood pressure levels as well as the amount of protein discharged from the urine.
- Water pills help control sweating, thus, increasing the fluid flushed from the kidneys.
- Statins reduce cholesterol levels.
- Blood thinners such as anticoagulants lower the risk of blood clots.
- Corticosteroids regulate the immune system and ease the inflammation that results from kidney disorders.
- Incorporating certain lifestyle changes such as opting for lean proteins, cutting on the intake of fat in the diet and consuming lesser amounts of salt can treat inflammation and swelling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Recently I have diagnosed with gall stone and doctor suggest for operation. I have to go for urine frequently. Is this because of gall stone?
My mother has been diagnosed with stones in both kidneys. She was advised to undergo laser surgery which in my country is not available. I would like to bring her to Mumbai for management. Could you help me with an estimate of the procedure please. I was in Mumbai in June this year for treatment of my knees and was managed by an orthopedic . Awaiting for your response.
My mom is having serum creatinine 6.6 and urea 280 .she is 69 years old. What should be done .doctors added Caspofungin 50 MG (anti fungal) O.D. ,and magnex Forte 1.5 MG B.D. From last 5 days but there is no improvement. Kindly suggest me what should be done now?
I Am 45 year old am having anal itching since a few months at night it becomes too irritative that I can not sleep my weight had reduced at times it is severe in day time also unable to work or concentrate in work, some kind of jelly like matter is coming before and after stool. That is causing too much itching. What is the solution. What food to avoid.
Hi Sir, I used to get back pain and having urine inconsistency (used to get longer time urination with thin stream) last one year done 3 times ultrasound of stomach bladder kidneys but all are normal. Suddenly one month back unable to urine. Urination blocked. Doctor done spl xray and told about urethral stricture .urine tube below bladder shrieked due to some ulcer. Urethral dilation (RD) done, some tube inserted for one week into urethra through penis. Now getting good urine flow. Now no problem with urination. But The problem is when urination blocked that day I tried and forced to urinate then some pain in left inguinal groin area started. Pain is like some thing is FOLDED ,MELTED AND POKING and PINCHING PAIN. Due to this entire left leg UPTO THREE middle fingers squeezing pain, some times left testicle some times left buttock pinching pain. I told doctor about this he checked it no inguinal hernia detected and prescribed ultracet tablet. One month over but still same pain remained. What is this pain. Why entire left leg getting squeezing like pain. How to get rid of this.
RESPECTED DOCTOR, my mother aged is 70 years. Already one kidney completely failed. But yesterday she took blood test urea is 28. Creatinine (1.2 and now. 6 after Ayurveda, egfr is 53.5ml/mts per 1.7m2. But after taking usg doctor told 50% function reduced, because of renal medical disease. Her potassium, sodium, chloride, bicarbonate, aniangap level is normal. Microalbumeneria 19.2. Does she will cure from this problem Now she is taking medicine for bp-cilnidipine5mg. Because she is having bp 180/100 past 8 months on wards. But now it has controlled 100/80. Also, she is having urea problem past 10 years. That is also controlled condition. Her weight is 80. Also, she is having arthritis, nerve weakness from her early age itself. Doctor told her urea, creatinine is normal. They told to continue the bp medicine. Past 1 month on wards her bp is 100/80, 110/70, 95/70 Now she is taking ayurveda medicine for kidney reviving nephrons. Just 3 days back, we have checked her sugar range in glucometer shows 114 before meal & after meals 180 (half an hour), 210 (another half an hour, 230 (another half an hour, 255 (last half an hour). We don’t know how it came and raise sudden. Now, for 3 days she is taking diabecon this morning one before meal and evening one before meal. Now, glucometer showing 114 before meal & after meals 180 (half an hour), 230 (another half an hour, 210 (another half an hour),(130 to 180-last half an hour. Kindly advise me what to do. What is the reason of sudden spike. How many tablets shall I take per day (diabecon ds-himalaya herbal product. Is there any excellent ayurveda tablets compared to diabecon ds (Himalaya product) without any sideeffect. Presently mother is taking ayurveda for kidney reviving pack. From that, moti pikshi (natural pearl rose water powder) is there. Will this elevate sugar level. After 15 minutes walking, she is having lower back pain and leg pain. But after rest, there is no pain. Is this pain related to kidney. Please advise me. She is having kidney stone, ulcerative colitis, urinary infection, constipation, cholesterol also. 3years back she took treatment for mild fatty liver problem Will she get cure doctor according to the blood test report. Also, please requesting you that her another kidney will go back to normal. Please advise me, how long she will survive by gods grace?
Those two, small bean-shaped organs are indeed essential for a perfectly healthy life. To check if a person is dead or living, medical practitioners need to confirm response from three organs of the human body heart, brain and kidneys. Kidneys absorb impurities from the blood, thus, purifying it and lead to the production of urine. Urine is necessary to rid your system of body wastes. Kidneys play a key role in maintaining hormone balance. The presence of any factor that could impede free functioning of this organ should be diagnosed, treated and eliminated at the earliest possible. Kidney diseases and subsequent kidney failure see no age bar. It affects both young and old people. In case of younger folks, the symptoms take years to surface and thus the chances of a fatal outcome are even higher.
Causes of kidney failure at a tender age:
- Chain smoking is a trigger: Smokers suffer from a higher risk of kidney failure. Smoking is a bad habit that has engulfed almost ninety percent of young adults. Irrespective of awareness programs and warning messages, there are millions who smoke nonchalantly. Smoking is known to impair kidney function which again can have frightening implications.
- High blood pressure levels must be controlled: Since stress is a common phenomenon among most individuals high blood pressure is also prevalent among a majority of these individuals. Younger people suffer from high blood pressure due to workplace politics and familial tensions. High blood pressure should not be taken lightly. Exercising and regular medications should be opted for in order to counter the threat of kidney failure at a young age.
- If you are obese, you are stepping closer to the threat: If not optimal; being close to the optimal body weight is very necessary to keep health disorders in check. If you are obese, you are not safe; one must make efforts to lose weight or else face the alarming situation when his or her kidneys fail to function properly.
- Consumption of junk food can cause complications: Junk food is fatty. One must keep away from high-protein and high-fat diet. Food items rich in protein and fats can push you towards chronic kidney diseases.
- Genetics may discern the health of your kidneys: The incidence of kidney failure in your family history can make you prone to a similar condition. Extra care should be taken to avoid any such possibility. Regular health check-ups should be undertaken. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.