Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. S VeerakumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, i'm a 31 years old male and have backache for last 4 month in early morning. 5 am What should I do. Please please help me.
Hello Doctor, I am suffering severely with Gout pain. I am a male 36 years old and with healthy weight of 112 kgs. What precautionary measures should I take to avoid this Gout attack? Is there any permanent solution to this Gout pain which is highly you bearable. I do not want to take always anti inflammatory tablets whenever this occurs to me. please suggest me a natural way of avoiding this attack? Awaiting a quickie reply to my query. Thanks in advance,
I am 23 year's old. I have back pain since two months. I am studying now. I have been sitting on chair for long time.
Hi I have back pain 2 years. Before 2 years I was carrying 40 kg weight that is my first heavy backpain its started.
I am suffering from backpain from last 3 years. I have gone through many clinics could not know the reason of pain. I have taken all kind of meds regarding this but no cured my pain. Kindly help me out.
I am a 20 year old boy and I am suffering with lower back pain. I even consulted some orthopedic specialist and he told me to opt for physiotherapy treatment but still I am facing the problem.
I am 64 years female. Had fever with chills, joint pains ,rashes on 5th day - chikungunya from 25.9.2016 - 2.10 .2016. My joint pains are still there for which I have been advised for these tests and the reports are - ESR 33, CRP raised, R Factor Neg, Anti CCP - negative, ANA -(IF)- Negative What Med should I take? I have painful joints and swelling in ankle and wrist joints and smaller joints of fingers and toes.
The problem of morning back and neck pain may be due to the position of sleeping or it may be related to inflammatory arthritis which can be familial. Morning back pain is largely related to wrong sleeping posture and less commonly due to arthritic conditions like Ankylosing Spondylitis or Rheumatoid Arthritis. Whatever be the cause- this condition requires attention by an Orthopedic doctor as it may worsen in due course of time and should not be taken lightly.
Some common factors causing this are:
- Mattress: Too soft or too hard a mattress might induce back ache after sleep. For people with waist and hips of equal proportion, a firmer mattress would do well. For those with narrower waist than their hips, a flexible and softer mattress that can move with the pelvic weight would be a perfect choice. Refrain from using old hardened mattresses.
- Pillow: The pillow you use must be able to render support to your neck naturally. Instead of using excessively firm or soft pillow, try substituting it with memory foam pillows, refillable water pillows or cervical support pillows.
- Posture: Not changing your position while sleeping or sleeping on the belly exerts strain on the back muscles, causing pain. On the other hand, sleeping on the back or on the sides causes comparatively less strain on the spine.
- Other causes such as strenuous workouts or physical activities or sitting at a stretch during the day might cause pain while sleeping or after getting up from bed.
Remedies for Morning Back Pain:
Fortunately, there are some home remedies to cure the morning back pain.
- Switching your mattress is a more expensive remedy for back pain, but may often be the ultimate cure. Most people sleep the best on medium-firm mattresses. Be sure to try out the mattress before you buy it.
- For occasional back pain after sleeping, apply heat to your back to relax your muscles before you go to bed and when you get up in the morning.
- Massage your back with pain relieving creams and apply heat on it with a heating pad for quick relief.
- Specific spinal stretching exercises and Planks (a type of exercise) can greatly help in easing back pain, if done on a regular basis.
- It is always recommended to CONSULT an Orthopaedic doctor if you suffer from morning back pain.