Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.Vatchala
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. S.VatchalaYour feedback matters!
I'm 17 years problem is for my sister she have been suffering from dizziness and she use to faint since many years back we take her to doctor but it does not get wel soon now also she is suffering the same.
My son is 3 years old. From the last day he is suffering from fever and cough. What medicine should I give him because I have medicine shop. please suggest. Thank you.
I am 18 years old boy. And my face is full with pimples. But no one fresh wash took it better. Please help me by your consult.
The skin on your scalp renews its cells like every other skin cell on your body. They restore every twenty-four days by forming new types skin cells underneath the old cells to reveal the new ones eventually. Dry skin and dandruff are caused due to many reasons, however, are different than each other. Here are a few signs and causes that separate the two:
Dandruff is not caused by dryness but instead an excessive amount of oil. In a few people, the yeast begins to feast upon the excessive oil and dead skin cells on the scalp, making the skin cells shed off and form flakes on the head. Here are a few reasons why dandruff is caused:
- Excessive intake of sugar, fat, starch
- Improper nourishment
- Heredity problems
- Allergies or sensitive skin
- Lack of rest
- Emotional anxiety
- Hormonal changes
- Poor well-being
Dry scalp is caused because of loss of oil and moisture from the skin and can be caused because of certain shampoos, cleansers, climate, water, or even your eating routine. Signs and side effects include itching and tingling and little white flakes that fall off excessively.
Here are a few ways in which you can fight dry skin:
- Dry scalp can be dealt with by using normal cures, for example, apple cider vinegar since help in normalizing the pH on your scalp and remove the flakes and residue left behind by shampoos, conditioners, and other hair items.
- You can likewise do a light scalp message using regular oils, for example, additional virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, and so on.
- Yogurt and honey can help the hair recover by hydrating them and adding dampness to your scalp to fight the dry scalp.
Here are a few ways in which you can treat dandruff on your scalp:
Wash your hair consistently with a delicate shampoo to decrease the amount of oil on your scalp. qIn case that your dandruff is more serious or a normal shampoo doesn't work, try an anti-dandruff shampoo. Most dandruff shampoos contain solutions like Pyrithione zinc and Selenium sulfide that kill the fungus on your scalp or evacuates flaky skin.
- Pyrithione zinc: It contains antifungal properties that kill the bacterial growth on your scalp that causes the flakes to appear.
- Selenium sulfide: This helps in diminishing the signs of dandruff growth and keep an excessive number of skin cells from being killed along with it. In case you have coloured hair, ask your specialist before using the dandruff shampoo containing selenium sulfide. It can change the shade of your colour.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a weight of 90 kgs and i'm doing hm bcoz I am interested in chef so tell me how to reduce weight.
I am 54 year old I have fat cells in thin just below skin doctor (homoeo) said that is lipoma I used homoeo 5 years, but there is no cure. Please suggest any medicine in Ayurveda. This lipoma I found this lipoma in my body 20 years back. I used Allopathic medicine also for long period. Also. Thanking you
There are more than hundred varieties of blood cancer, but the most common ones are leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma. Acute myeloid leukemia (AML), a type of leukemia, is when the white blood cells in the marrow begin to grow uncontrollably. This is an acute condition and both the onset and progress are very rapid. The cause is not known, and given the rapid progress, even treatment is often difficult. A more severe form of AML is the APML which is acute promyelocytic leukemia, which leads to reduced number of white and red blood cells and plasma.
This causes the following symptoms:
- Increased incidence of infections
- Excessive bleeding from even minor cuts
- Bleeding from nose and gums
- Easy bruising
- Blood in the urine
- Extreme paleness and tiredness
What is different about APML?
There is one distinguishing factor with APML, which is that they contain a protein which when released into the bloodstream can cause severe bleeding, which may be very difficult to control. Chemotherapy kills these cells and so releases the proteins into the bloodstream. These cells need to be managed without chemotherapy, as the patient can even die of uncontrolled bleeding. With medical advances, two non-chemotherapy agents have been identified – all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA, vesanoid, or tretinoin) and arsenic trioxide (ATO or trisenox).
- ATRA: This is a type of vitamin A which is used either alone, in combination with chemo, in combination with arsenic trioxide, and also in combination with both chemo and arsenic trioxide. The effect is different in different people – helps control spread, helps prevent recurrence, and helps control symptoms. In many people, it has been successfully used instead of chemotherapy. ATRA is also used as a long-term maintenance agent. Side effects from ATRA include fever, dry skin, rashes, mouth sores, increased cholesterol, and swollen feet. These go away with stoppage of the drug.
- ATO: Arsenic is poisonous when given in large amounts. However, it was discovered that it could be used to treat APML with effects similar to ATRA. It is used alone, in combination with chemotherapy, with ATRA, or with both. It helps control the growth of cells and also helps in long-term maintenance therapy. ATO dosage needs to be monitored as it can cause heart rhythm issues.
With both these drugs, there is a significant side effect, known as differentiation syndrome. Often seen during the first cycle of treatment, this happens when the leukemia cells release a protein into the blood. Symptoms include fever, breathing, kidney damage, and severe fluid buildup. With these two drugs being widely used effectively, chemotherapy is not the only treatment option for APML. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi this is for my Dad. For him angioplasty surgery was done successfully due to artery blockage. But now he has again admitted to hospital due to cough. Doctor told phenomena form is there due to which heart is little weak. So I need answer from cardiologists what further precautions we can take or any higher treatment. Because winter season starts as well. He coughs too much. Doctor gave antibiotics, injection etc. When will he improve? Thanks.
I have huge pimple problem and also mark on face, please tell what should I do for solving my problem because of marks my face decreasing the fairness. Any best solution?
Frequently my body head increasing. Due to this pimples coming on my face its paining also. What is the remedy for this please answer me urgent.
PGS or Pre-implantation Genetic Screening is a test conducted to decipher the chromosome count of the embryo. Today, if you are planning to get pregnant or using alternative technologies for pregnancy; there are several tests that need to be conducted so that the child is born healthy and stable. One such test is the PGS, it determines whether or not the count of chromosomes is normal, which is forty six, is present in the embryo. If there are abnormal numbers of chromosomes present in the embryo then it might lead to additional problems in the future. In such cases, special treatments and procedures are conducted.
There are several advantages of PGS. Some of them are highlighted in details below.
- Healthy pregnancy: Interestingly, a man can produce sperms throughout his lifetime. But a woman is born with the eggs already created. The chances of producing a healthy baby with those eggs decrease as the age of the woman increases. It is seen that those women who think of delivering a child in their older ages are often found with chromosome deficiencies in the embryo. Thus, to avoid such a situation, it is best to perform PGS.
- Reduces the chance of miscarriage: Pregnancies which occur without having performed any prior tests like the PGS have high chances of resulting into a miscarriage at the slightest of carelessness. But research has found that those pregnancies which take place after considering the chromosomal health of the embryo have reduced the risk of being abnormally terminated.
- Time reduction between two IVF Circles: For those who do not know IVF stands for In-Vitro Fertilisation. It is a process which aids a woman in becoming pregnant. It is often opted by those who are having issues in naturally conceiving a child. PGS here plays an important role. If the test detects abnormal embryo, then the next IVF circle can be started right away without wasting any time. But if the PGS detects a normal embryo then the IVF circle is deemed to be successful and the woman can continue with the pregnancy.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening. This helps to determine whether the embryo is of the desired choice or not and whether the baby born out of it would be healthy and normal. It is one of the tests which need to be conducted preceding implantation to provide better results after the implantation process is carried out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Good evening sir/madam I have skin problems from 2 years, it's irritating, what should I do to get relief.
A girl’s first period or Menarche marks her transition from a ‘girl’ to a ‘woman’. Most girls have their first period between the ages of 11 to 13 depending on their genetic structure, body weight, nutrition and maturity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis. Periods are usually irregular in the first two years and gradually settle into a pattern. Along with the duration of the periods, there may also be fluctuation in the amount of blood being lost. Puberty menorrhagia can be described as excessive vaginal bleeding during menstruation. This can occur up to the age of 19 years.
One of the characteristic symptoms of menorrhagia during puberty is having to change tampons or sanitary napkins every 2-3 hours. Periods that last more than 7 days can also be a sign of this condition. While the average amount of blood lost during menstruation is 30ml, adolescents suffering from this condition can lose up to 80ml of blood. Other symptoms include acne, pale skin, the growth of excessive facial or body hair and palpitations of the abdomen. These indicate an imbalance of hormones within the body.
In most cases, this condition is caused by anovulatory cycles. This can be described as a menstrual cycle in which an egg is not released by the ovaries. Anovulatory cycles may be triggered by sudden changes in hormone levels, drastic weight loss or weight gain, stress, extreme levels of exercising and an imbalanced diet. The use of hormonal contraceptives and infections may also cause excessive menstrual bleeding. Less common causes of this condition include endocrine disorders, systemic illnesses and structural lesions such as cervical polyps or fibroids.
While menorrhagia is common during puberty, if it continues for over three months, you must consult a doctor. Depending on the factors triggering this condition it can be treated with hormonal or non-hormonal medication or even a combination of the two. Treatment for this condition must be tailored to each patient while keeping in mind her age, family medical history and co-existing medical conditions. Hormonal treatment for excessive menstrual bleeding can take the form of oral contraceptives or progesterone tablets. Non-hormonal forms of treating this condition include iron supplements and medication to reduce blood flow. You should also eat more food that is rich in iron and vitamins while reducing intake of proteins and spicy foods. Home remedies for this condition include drinking a tea made with coriander seeds or adding cinnamon to your usual cup of tea.
Before starting out for a walk, relax and take a deep breath and fill your lungs with fresh air which will move them into their most efficient position. After you exhale, maintain the chest in this position with shoulders down and slightly back throughout the walk.