Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. S VasudevanYour feedback matters!
Sometime my back pains badly lower back and upper back But it pains for few minutes only Facing issue since 2 month I thought due to gym it's paining so I left then to it pains sometime I am not able to understand what is the issue?
Dr sir, a month ago l lifted a rice pocket bending my body. The pain started at the left side of the lower back. But I used tablets ointment od painkillers for fifteen days. But noresult. When I bend down straitly the lower back pain is very high and when I sit on the chair or scooty the the left leg upper is very painful upto the foot. What is the remedy and whom I consult the main doctor.
In Feb month I underwent DNC and after that I'm having back pain continuously. Kindly advise how to eradicate it. Thanks.
Tennis elbow is caused by overuse of muscles attached to the elbow that are used to straighten wrist. Also known as lateral epicondylitis in which places the muscles and tendons on the outside of elbow at risk. These muscles are responsible for bending the wrist backwards and stabilizing the wrist during forceful grasping with the hand
I am 66 years old I have knee pain in left leg please suggest some exercises and supplements, no pain killers.
My neck is paining very badly some time I feel gidy too if I raise my head you feel the giddiness can you please explain me why.
I am 25 year old male working in IT, I have slightly swollen calf in left leg, sitting or standing for more time results in pain, My mother has a blood clot problem, may be from heredity, which specialist I should consult? Or what should I do?
My Mom is 67 years old. 6-7 years back she had minor paralysis attack on the right side of her face. After two months treatment of medicines and physiotherapy she was OK. Now, from the last 2 years, she is not able to walk properly. She can walk straight, but whenever she wants to take a turn her feet just refuse to move (just like a lock in the feet). She become very nervous for few seconds. After that she slowly moves. From the last six months, she has fallen down 2-3 times in the house due to this. Now from the last week, some white fluid started coming out from her face after every few minutes. This fluid problem I saw earlier in her 6-7 years ago when she got paralytic attack. Rest she is eating properly and looks well. Just she had a walking problems as I explained above. She is going for physiotherapy from last one month. Kindly suggest what is her actual problem and what should we do to improve her condition?
Hi I am 30 years old since 3 days I have horrendous joint and muscles and body ache and the day before that I had a horrible migraine. I am unable to move when I rest its like my body is on fire. I feel my body to be quite warm. Can you let me know what can I do and what this signifies.
I have left the alcohol from past 9 months but I have pain in my back is it due to lack of calcium and vitamin d in my body. What should I do know.
Knee pain commonly affects women over 50 years of age and could be because of any type of arthritis or Knee injury. Some of it comes with age but knowing how to protect your knees can make a big difference in the quality of life.
1) Knee problems can happen to anyone and one needs to respect any pain which arises in the knee especially after a fall or injury. The knee joint is vulnerable to injury and arthritis develops faster if the ligaments or the meniscus has been torn. Acknowledge the pain and seek help early before the damage sets in.
2) Avoid being overweight: Every extra kilo of body weight exerts five kilos worth of stress on our knees. This increases the daily wear and tear of the joint and sets in arthritis early. Reducing even couple of kilos off would be very kind on the knees. If you are overweight one must choose exercises that are gentle on the knees like stationary bike instead of an inclined treadmill, walking instead of running or jogging etc.
3) Follow rehab and enough rest after a knee injury: If you have had a knee injury, the rehabilitation may take many weeks. During this time, it is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid all activities which cause knee pain. Otherwise, the pain may get chronic and worse with slight provocation. Many young athletic people return to their earlier routine of hectic gymming as soon as the pain subsides, but this can weaken the knee in the long run. One must allow proper healing at the knee joint which can be many weeks after the pain has gone.
4) Don't overdo it: Over straining or sudden increase in exercise can lead to knee problems. Endurance needs to be built slowly over a period of time and one must allow the ligaments to get used to the extra strain. If your knee is already hurting, avoid jerky and jumpy movements.
5) Good Shoes and supportive footwear help your knee by absorbing the extra strain. In general, platform heels are better than pencil heels and moderate heals are better than a six inch or a totally flat shoe. Investing in a good pair of shoes may eventually save you money by saving a knee replacement later on.