Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. VaralakshmiYour feedback matters!
I m 20 years old and is suffering from acne since 4-5 years. I have oily skin and have many marks too. Plzz help me to get rid of these acne.
May I know the charges of micro-dermabrasion? Is there any affect of dermabrasion? If yes, what are they?
Hello, I have a scar on my face because of chicken pox which happened 5 years ago. The scar has left a black spot. I want to remove it, can you help me with this.
I am 4o years old and facing problem with psoriasis from past 10 years. Taken so many treatments but no results. Getting lot of itch. I have only one place in my body. Near by feet. Can you give me proper solution.
My face is extra pimple so please please best solution And best cream name and use to time please right and best solution request to all doctor.
I have purchased arnica hair plus oil which is new is it good for growth of hair or should I use only arnica montana hair oil?
Hello Dr, I have been facing skin problem for past 10 years and have tried all possible treatments from Allopathy, Ayurveda and Homeopathy, but none of them has worked. As of now the problem has increased with dark black spots round the face, the neck and the back portion, please help!
Using mintop for hair growth is viable or not, m using it for 6 months ,i have gained but will it stay ?
I have been suffering from migraine since 3years n not suffered from pain since a year but from a week I have been suffering from severe pain n my hair fall has been increasing. Is hairfall a symptom for migraine n can you help me some siet regarding this. Thanking you sir/ madam.
I have skin allergy. Like fungal in faction. Please give me solution I am very upset with this problem.
Hello doctor, I am 17 years old I have scalp psoriasis problem and for that I am using anti dandruff shampoo and serums by care. It is ok but my hair is getting thinner the to this And the problem is it not soft and my hair is always prone to tangles alot it is not at all soft I have only one patch on head not more than that. Please suggest me an excellent shampoo than can make my hair silky and bouncy and less hairfall too. I have straight hair with split ends too. Please help me out doctor please. Thanking you.
I have black moles on my face. Is there any surgery to remove these, what's the tentative cost? Are there any medicines/creams to remove these?
Male pattern baldness and other kinds of baldness can turn out to be a pesky affair that also eventually might have a bearing on your confidence level. A hair transplant is an excellent way of dealing with this issue. This method usually takes the hair follicles from the donor site and implants them on the scalp where male pattern balding has set in. While this is an effective and commonly used process, it also comes with minor scars and other issues.
There are many things, which you must take care of, after the procedure. Here are a few of those things.
- Scars: The procedure will leave you with a few scars as you wait for the hair to grow back from the replaced follicles. There may also be a little bit of swelling or inflammation at the site of the transplant, which may cause irritation. Ask your surgeon for medication which will bring down the swelling. You must make sure that you do not touch or scratch the surface under any circumstances.
- Elevation: After the procedure, as mentioned before, there will be some amount of swelling. So, it is important to keep your head in an elevated position so as to ensure that there is no extra swelling in the head. For this, you may have to sleep with your head on two pillows so as to keep the head propped up. Also, you may want to sleep or relax in a reclining chair for a few days until the swelling subsides.
- Physical activity: Sweating will make the scar and swelling even itchier. So, it is imperative that you shy away from physical activities like workouts and running. Also, you may want to stay out of the sun, or even avoid a trip to the sauna for a few days as the exposure may lead to sweating.
- Hygiene: The area around the scar and your scalp in general must be kept clean. Use mild shampoos and medication to keep the numbness and irritation at bay so that the scars get enough time to recover.
- Food: In order to help the scar recover faster, you will need to avoid food that is too spicy as this usually has an adverse effect on the incisions and scars after any surgical procedure. These spices usually create a lot of heat and can cause further swelling, redness and other symptoms. Excessive alcohol consumption must also be avoided.
There are a number of things that you can take care of after a hair transplant procedure in order to recover faster and be comfortable until the hair growth starts.
Related Tip: "Is Hair Transplant Surgery A Lasting Option?"
Iam 21 years old man. I was affected by psoriasis for past 6 yrs. What type of fruit and food I should take. I have more itching problem. The affected place is backside of my shoulder. What type treatment will give me complete cure from psoriasis.
Skin cancer has two forms, melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. While the latter could be easily treated and cured, the former is hard to get rid of. Like all other forms of cancer, skin cancer can be easily treated if detected in its early stages. Ayurvedic medicines are known to cure and manage cancer for ages. Also checkout Ayurvedic remedies for healthy Hair.
Here is a list of 10 Ayurvedic medicines that can help in fighting skin cancer.
- Aloe vera: It has numerous skin benefits. For starters, it is considered to be a natural sun skin protector. It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. It stops the production of carcinogen and helps the body to heal faster from cancer.
- Flaxseeds: Apart from being rich in dietary fibre, this seed contains fatty acid micronutrients and lignans. The latter has the ability to stop the cancerous cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Astralagus: Astralagus has multiple health benefits. It not only helps to boost the immune system, but helps the body produce skin cancer agents.
- Turmeric: This is one of the oldest Ayurvedic herbs that combat a lot of diseases. Turmeric has a crucial component known as the curcumin. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that has the capability to stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bilberry: Due to the availability of free radicals, bilberry tea can counter skin cancer and helps minimise the damage caused by the cancer cells. They are a strong antioxidant and help the body to recover quickly.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are strong antioxidants that not only stop the growth of cancer cells, but prevent them from affecting other organs of the body. This fruit should only be consumed if the patient is taking betablockers.
- Artemisia: Commonly known as sweet wormwood, artemisia has a compound known as the artemisinin. Studies have shown that artemisinin can stop the cancer from spreading. Being non-toxic in nature, they have no side effects at all.
- Scutellaria: More commonly known as the Chinese herb, this Ayurvedic herb stops the progression of skin cancer into further stages. They contain a compound known as the flavonoids, which are known to be an anticancer agent.
- Saffron: Saffron has the unique property of slowing down skin cancer growth. Saffron can be applied in the form of extracts in small quantities to get best results.