Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. S. VairamuthuYour feedback matters!
My dog is not eating or drinking anything. Its dosent even have the strength to move properly. What may have happened and what can be done?
My 6 months old golden retriever swallowed laptop plug in.And it is visible in the X-ray reports.In the stomach .Please advise.
Pl. Suggest is it true for a german shepherd breed that they should not sit on floor like tiles which can get them bad or deformed legs as such my dog just one month of age prefers to sit only on tiles,it never sits on dari or other mats.
I have a pet of breed german shepherd he is not able to excrete properly his diet is good wht shd i do?
Hello doc. We have a Lhasa Apso who is 2 1/2 years old. Now a days he does not eat his food properly. If we put some of our home cooked food he eats happily.How do we stop this. This leads to constipation and at times his poop gets stuck and its very yucky to clean him. Please help
Many animals receive “kennel cough” vaccines that include bordetella and cpi and cav-2 every 6 to 9 months without evidence that this frequency of vaccination is necessary or beneficial. In contrast, other dogs are never vaccinated for kennel cough and diseases are not seen. Cpi immunity lasts at least 3 years when given intranasally and cav -2 immunity lasts a minimum of 7 years parenterally for cav-i. These two virus in combination with bordetella bronchiseptica are the agents, which are often associated with kennel cough, however, other factors play an important role in diseases (eg. Stress, dust, humidity, molds, mycoplasma, etc.).
Thus, kennel cough is not a vaccine preventable disease because of the complex factors associated with this disease. Furthermore, this is often a mild to moderate self limiting disease. It's just like common cold in humans. A course of antibiotics usually is enough to treat the condition. I generally do not recommend kennel cough vaccines unless dogs are staying in a boarding facility that requires them.
I have black Labrador female dog she is of 6 months she is not gaining weight what I should feed him and how much?
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7 pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water and wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.