Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S VaidyanathanYour feedback matters!
My high sensitive c-reactive protein is 3. 2. What is the meaning of it and how does it affect my health?
Overweight, High cholesterol, paining sometime on the left side of chest and joints please suggest me and Is there is any medicine to reduce my cholesterol level.
I am having pain under left chest past 1 week .little pain in left palm only sometime .and having puffiness under eyes. Is this a symptom for any heart disease?
What are the symptoms of heart attack? My dada ji expired 2 days ago but we could not find the reason of his death. He was lying on the floor and when we turned him back, he had an injury on forehead and he was bleeding. We could not see him, when did he fell. Please tell me. Please help me on this.
How to control uric acid and high blood pressure. Lots of medicine has been failed so far. please reply what to do?
Hello sir/mam. My age is 57 years, I have undergone second time PTCA [LAD 100%] and [RCA 70%], 3 stunts have been introduced, earlier also I have undergone PTCA [LAD 95%]. I am DM+HTN patient, my present medicines are TAB CEFTUM 500MG / TAB BRILLINTA 90MG / TAB COLSPRIN 100MG / TAB ROZUKKA 20MG / TAB PINOM A / TAB CYBLEX M 60 XR / TAB DYTOR 10MG, my blood sugar level pp is 130 and BP is 120/80, I go for a regular brisk walk daily of 6 km, my driving is about one an a half hour daily, my problem is long breathing after luch, BP shoots up upto 150/90, less sleep and heavy stomach after lunch and dinner, some times small pain in left hand, I feel tired and exhausted in the evening, my office work is supply chain management which requires 8-10hours daily which is heavy stressful work. Please suggest how can I regain my normal life.
Here are some tips to help you look after your heart.
1. Quit smoking now. Twelve months after quitting, your increased risk of dying from heart disease will be half that of a continuing smoker.
2. Improve your diet. Include wholegrain cereals, legumes, fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts in your diet and lower your risk of heart disease.
3. Exercise regularly. Walk briskly for 30 minutes a day and reduce your risk of heart attack by one third.
4. Maintain your friendships. People with supportive friendship networks are at less risk of heart disease.
5. Eat more fish. Oily fish like tuna, sardines or salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and will boost your good cholesterol.
6. Switch your chocolate choice. Switch from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. When eaten in moderation, dark chocolate is good for your heart.
7. Limit your alcohol. It is recommended you limit yourself to no more than two standard glasses of alcohol a day if you are a man, or one glass a day if you are a woman.
8. Avoid salty and high sodium foods. Don't add salt when preparing or eating your meals.
9. Have a diabetes test. Uncontrolled diabetes can damage your artery walls and contribute to heart disease.
10. Make fitness fun. Choose activities that combine exercise and socialising like pilates, water aerobics, dancing, cycling or yoga.