Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S VaidyanathanYour feedback matters!
The term 'chest pain’ is a very common term and is usually used in day to day life. Basically, chest pain refers to the pain that may generate in your chest, shoulder and can travel to your ribs, jaws and towards your arms. The feeling of the pain can be sharp or dull, depending on the severity of your condition and cause.
There can be several reasons behind chest pain. You need to conduct a few tests to examine the real cause of the chest pain. It is always advised by health experts to take the symptoms of chest pain very seriously in order to avoid any serious problem in the future. Most of the severe and life-threatening diseases behind chest pain involve lung and heart problems. People having serious heart problems often feel discomfort, followed by pain in their chest area.
Chest pain which is related to any heart disease such as heart attack usually has symptoms like:
- Feeling of fullness and tightness in the chest region
- Burning or crushing pain, which travels from the chest to jaw, hands and back region.
- Breathing problem
Usually, it is very tough to distinguish whether the pain is associated with a heart problem or not. But generally chest pains which are not related to heart problems involves symptoms like
- Sensation in your mouth
- Problem in swallowing food
- Pain that worsens when you cough
- Burning sensation in your chest
Common causes of chest pain
- Angina: Angina is a medical condition described as a feeling of discomfort or pain in the chest region. This situation occurs when your heart muscles don't receive blood, which contains rich oxygen. Angina is a symptom of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). The pain can take place in your shoulder, jaw, neck and arms also.
- Lung problems: People with lung disorders can encounter various types of chest pains. But some common causes are:
- Pleurisy: It is a type of medical condition, which occurs due to inflammation of the lining of chest and lungs. Due to this, you feel a sharp pain at the time of breathing, coughing or sneezing.
- Pneumonia: It is a type of lung infection, which causes chest pain.
- Pneumothorax: It is a type of lung disorder, which occurs when a portion of your chest gets collapsed.
- Asthma: It is a type of condition, which occurs due to shortness of breath and causes chest pain while coughing, sneezing and breathing.
- Gastrointestinal problem: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is also a common reason for chest pain such as burning sensation in your heart.
- Other causes of chest pain: There are several other reasons of chest pain such as muscle strain, ribs injury, shingles, anxiety and panic attacks. It is always important to visit a physician whenever you encounter any of such chest pain symptoms.
He is diabetic, In 15th Feb of 2016 he gone through Angioplasty of one cardiac vein which have 75 % blockage so medicated stent has been transplant but from last month there is swelling in right cheek he has gone for recheck but all test are good but from last 2 days there is swelling in his whole face, so please tell what is course of action we take.
I gastritis and sugar, pressure patient and also heart side pain .sugar 180 ppbs and pressure 140/80. My daily problem is gas it fill in stomach within 5 minutes and then my heart tight and also back pain, and half hand pain ,then my pressure up 150 and I am worried go to hospital doctor give pantropzole and lesuride injection then I relax. This problem week 3 times. Number of doctor's like gastroenterologist ,Md visited but I suffer from that. 2 d eco, ecg,endoscopy done but nothing comes on. Some doctor's say anxiety and suffer from panic attacks. But I still not relax so let me guide whom I consult and which type of medical examination?
I am suffering from chronic pain and chest pain I didn't use any tablets for this tell any other process to cure.
Madam/Sir, I always smokes and drink that's why occurring cough and chest pain. But still I can't leave it. Give me some ideas to avoid smoke.
After a Bypass operation what are the precautions, medication or check up needed for a man at the age of 70 yrs.
Server headache and chest pain continuously, It lasts for long time, Often it lasts for over night and I feel weakness, What to do?
I am 61+ age, good health, having sugar, BP & cholesterol in limit with medicine, Recently a month back I found there is inflammation of left thyroid gland. Blood test report is normal of hormone balance, usg test confirms gland inflammation FNAC does not detect, retest is advice. Is there any homeopathy medicine to get cured.
I am taking tablets daily the following as described below. 1. Concor 5 - 1 no + ecosprin 75 - for morning 2. Rosuvas 20 - 1 no - during night. Both are after food. I had undergone anagiogram. My cholestral lvels were too high. Now it has brought down to considerably low. Cant the above tablets are not stopped at one point of time. My doctor advised me till death this tablets must have to be continued. I am continuing my walking daily + yoga etc. Kindly advice me in this regard.
Sir when I do exercise, play games and run my heartbeat increases and feel like that there is no energy in my body, and feel pain in my chest. Please help me to overcome from this problem. Thanks.
Hello sir, me accountant hu 25 male. Muje 2 sal pehle thoda chest heaviness ka problem hua tha. Mene doctor ko dikhaya to kuch problem ni tha. Uske bad continuously muje chest heaviness or left hand me pain, or neck aur neck ke niche pain hota he or kabhi kabhi chest me bhi pain hota he, mene 2 sal me 3 bar TMT, chest xray, lungsand lums test, 5 bar ECG, sonography, 2 bar ECO, ek bar calcium scoring test (report says your calsium sor is 00 )wo sab normal he. Bahot try kiya fir bhi problem same hi he. Plss suggest me. Thank you.
I am 50 yrs old and of late my BP reading is coming as 130/90, recoded every week, and it varied between 130/87 to 136/90. Pl advise, also inform reasons. I lead active life morning walk 3 to 4 KM on daily basis.
Sometime specially in night time I got little pain inside my chest. I mean I don't feel comfortable so in such case what to do?
I am 65 years old male. I have high cholesterol. I am taking medicine for hypertension. Suggest remedy.
I am 22 years old male student suffering from pain in right chest while eating drinking and weakness of right face and neck muscles and I am on the medication for same as taking antianxiety drug.
If you want to decrease your risk for heart disease, it may be important for you to reduce the added sugar in your diet.