Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Vaidyanathan
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S VaidyanathanYour feedback matters!
i am Suffering from severe gas problem and chest pain. I will take selected food even then its happening.
He has ASD in his heart of 5 mm sized at the time of his birth, he born 2 month prematurely, is it naturally curable? How many time it takes to cure?
Hi, I want to know about MICRO VASCULAR ANGINA. My 39 years husband is suffering from it. No positive responses from FortisMAX, AIIMS - Delhi .he had been through Angioplasty 4 years back .please guide me for that.
Hello I am 32 year old having bp problem diagnose recently it remains on 150/ 80 I don't want to continue with medicines, please suggest.
She has been detected with high cholesterol levels and gall bladder stone formation. I want to know about her diet and precautions to be taken..
The Homeopathic medicines have been made use of even before the 18th century, but the systematic investigation and thorough study on these medicines were carried out by the German physician Samuel Christian Hahnemann. Homeopathic medicines are very useful in strengthening the resistance of an individual to an illness and medications are provided after studying the sick patient and not the disease. The medicines prescribed do not mainly depend on the diagnostic testing or blood chemistry analysis. They are, in fact, prescribed on the basis of direct observation of the symptoms reported by a patient.
How effective is homeopathy in treating cardiovascular diseases?
Homeopathy medicines are widely used to treat several medical conditions. Homeopaths prescribe constructional remedies for illnesses that are chronic in nature and these mainly include cardiovascular complaints. It is after understanding the cardiac symptoms of a patient are homeopathic medicines prescribed. The different cardiac complaints for which homeopathic medicines can be taken include congestive heart failure, palpitations, angina and syncope.
The homeopathy medicines are used to treat even many clinical and cardiovascular diseases. Many random trials have been done to prove that homeopathy treatment is effective in treating conditions like childhood diarrhoea, allergic conditions and post-operative conditions. These medicines are also used to treat respiratory, nervous cardiovascular and musculoskeletal systems. High blood pressure can also be treated using the homeopathy medicines. This is because an increased blood pressure is very risky as it can cause heart troubles and there are possibilities of an individual having a stroke.
Cardiac problems that can be Treated By Homeopathy Medicines
- Conditions like nervousness and worrying are the main cause of hypertension and it results in high blood pressure. Hence, this condition should be checked on time.
- It is very important that right medications are taken and that are prescribed by a qualified doctor. The homeopathic medicines that are prescribed for high blood pressure include Nux vomica, Calcarea carbonica, Sanguinaria, Plumbum and Phosphorous.
- Use of homeopathic medicines unlike the prescription medicines does not cause any side effects, and they are of great use in decreasing hypertension.
However, homeopathic medicines should also be taken after consulting the Doctor. The blood pressure and cholesterol level of an individual are lowered using homeopathic medicines, and these are of great use in preventing a heart attack. There are many cardiologists who even prescribe homeopathic medicines to their patients for treating a cardiovascular disease. The depiction of cardiac symptoms is quite different and these include bursting, aching, cold, cramps, heaviness, jerks, pulsation, spasm, oppression and throbbing and depending on the symptoms, homeopathic medicines are provided to treat the health condition. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.