Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.V.VinayagamYour feedback matters!
I have got my teeth out of my jawline. Is there something which can permanently fix it without any harm.
I am injured with pairia in my teeth on front. I try all kind of things but no good result shown on us! Wat can I do?
I have difficulty in opening mouth and burning sensation. For the last 3 months I feel pain inside the inner part (between inner side of chick and gum of teeth) and in my neck also. I had a tobacco chewing habit for the last four years. Can you suggest whom should I consult? Is there any chance of presence of cancer?
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
I had wisdom tooth extract before 2 year but still having numbness and sensation in lower lip and chin area have took neurobion forte tablet and had vitcofol injection too but still having same problem its irritating can anyone help to cure.
I developed pain in the right side of my throat, just below my jaw overnight. Before sleeping there was an itch inside my right ear which progressed to this area. I have pain while swallowing but not while speaking. Kindly tell me what this problem is.
How to keep dental hygiene for my 2 year old kid. He has all his teeth. Which toothpaste should I use for him.
I'm 19 years old (male). My weight is 54 kgs. My height is 6'1" I need to put on a lot of weight. I have braces. They be on for a year now. I live in a hostel. What are my best options for weight gain?
What is a root canal?
Root canal is a layman's term to describe a dental procedure that is performed to preserve a tooth that is at risk of being lost due to deep decay, infection, or other forms of trauma. Endodontic therapy or root canal treatment are the dental terms to describe this procedure. Root canal treatment is the removal of the infection-prone contents within the tooth and its roots. Subsequently, the resulting space is filled with an inert material to prevent infection. This treatment thoroughly disinfects the tooth's inner space. Root canal treatment enables a tooth to remain intact to function and serve its purpose in the mouth despite losing its vitality. Vitality is the tooth's ability to sense pain, pressure, or temperature. Prior to the implementation of root canal treatment, if a tooth had a large cavity or was abscessed, the only option was extraction of the bad tooth. All in all with Root Canal Treatment, we get to preserve a natural tooth and restore good dental health.
I visited my dentist for straightening of my 26 years old sister' front teeth. He advised me for pre molar teeth extraction and told that it may take 2 years in complete treatment. Before that he is going to start pyorrhea treatment. I want to know has my dentist advised me right? how pyorrhea is treated? is this a surgical treatment? how much it costs? is teeth extraction 100 % safe or there is any risk? will after teeth extraction my sister smile/eat like normal?
Hi, I am 24 years old I had all test like HIV hsv vdrl hpv and many more, Mouth sore always, I quit smoking from last 4 months back, sexually active from last 5 years, kidney stones also got now taking treatment, what's the causes please help me.
I am suffering from halitosis since 7 years but I brush my teeth twice daily and use mouthwash From today 2 week ago I visit hospital and consult with throat doctor they diagnose that I am suffering from pharyngitis they prescribe me drugs for 1st week was rabeprazole, levocetirizine and a chlorhexidine mouthwash after a week I revisit they change betadine withouthwash after using again a week I hv still this problem of chronic bad breath pls help how to get rid to this.
I have ulcers in my mouth. They happen very often. More often than others. I would like a solution for this.
I took tobacco and cigarette for 3 years. How long will it take to recover the damage done by this things? How long will it stay in my body?
My mouth is not opened properly from last 1 year, I was chawaing rajnigandha and tulsi from few some year, but from last one year I am not doing this. Please suggest me.
What is Gingivitis?
Gingivitis — an inflammation of the gums — is the initial stage of gum disease and the easiest to treat. The direct cause of gingivitis is plaque - the soft, sticky, colorless film of bacteria that forms constantly on the teeth and gums.
If the plaque is not removed by daily brushing and flossing, it produces toxins (poisons) that can irritate the gum tissue, causing gingivitis. At this early stage in gum disease, damage can be reversed, since the bone and connective tissue that hold the teeth in place are not yet affected. Left untreated, however, gingivitis can become periodontitis and cause permanent damage to your teeth and jaw.
Early stage of GingivitisGingivitis.
How do I Know if I Have Gingivitis?
Classic signs and symptoms of gingivitis include red, swollen, tender gums that may bleed when you brush. Another sign of gum disease is gums that have receded or pulled away from your teeth, giving your teeth an elongated appearance. Gum disease can cause pockets to form between the teeth and gums, where plaque and food debris collect. Some people may experience recurring bad breath or a bad taste in their mouth, even if the disease is not advanced.
How can I Prevent Gingivitis?
Good oral hygiene is essential. Professional cleanings are also extremely important because once plaque has hardened and built up, or become tartar, only a dentist or dental hygienist can remove it.
You can help stop gingivitis before it develops by:
Proper brushing and flossing to remove plaque and debris and control tartar buildup
Eating right to ensure proper nutrition for your jawbone and teeth
Avoiding cigarettes and other forms of tobacco
Scheduling regular checkups with your dentist