Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. S.Udhaya ShankarYour feedback matters!
Hey I am rajkumar from Bhopal. My ques is that. In some time my leg are very pain. And also I tried very short time. please give me my ans.
I am 18 year old male and I get a massive leg pain for 5 to 10 minutes. I do not know why do I get it please can you suggest me something.
My question is for my sister sir she had pain in it's back and it's many part of body in regularly in night the pain very high some time she eat pain killer but pain killer not reduce the pain sir what my sister to kill she's pain sir this my sister is suffering from this problem since 2 month sir please suggest me any tips.
I am 45 years old suffering from knee pain for the last 3 months. Very recently I consulted a doctor to diagnosed with osteoporosis. I am using medicines but I have stopped jogging in the morning which I have been doing for many years. Can I lead a healthy life òr what precaution should be adopted I am a teacher by profession and I am a male.
When he moves his shoulder round, a type of of sound is coming out from the shoulder. He is unable to move his hand towards backside.
I am 32 years old. I have back bone pain since 4 months. I did yogas and so many home remedies, but they do not work. What to do now?
Hi i am Loose knee joint, feels like knee will break. Hear a popping sound in my shoulder and in knee. Having this problem from last 1 -1.5 months.
How to prevent back pain but I used to drive minimum 50 kms in a day. Further I have severe cold every day morning. Once in my child hood there is rhinitis. After that I did not check further. Pls suggest.
Hi I am 59 years old male suffering from pain in right ankle (since last few years (on back side. The problem has increased since last 4 to 5 months to an extent that walking is affected particularly when moving after sitting for some time or driving. Also pain is felt in calf muscles after walking for few minutes. Pain killers help to ease out but could not get permanent solution. Request for advice on the line of treatment needed so as to resolve the problem for ever.
Hello sir I'm mahesh bandathkar kapoor from Nagaland and I am working as a software developer engineer so daily eight hours I had to sit the chair so post 6 months I'm suffering with back pain and I used many tablets it can't work please help me please provide. Contactno.
Age: 29 years. Sex: Male Problem: Feeling loss of energy for sometime now. Feel drowsy after a small spell of work. Wrist and knee joints often feel numbed. What should I do?
Had faced facing cervical spondylosis in 2005/06. Once in 2 years I face the problem but I have to rush for traction. Till then I have severe pain in left hand, left porting of chest (as if some nerve has been blocked). Now I dont have MRI reports also. Please Help.
My dad is 50 years and age and he is having severe back pain in his lower back so can you please advise what treatment can we take wave also tried heating machines sessions through neurosurgeon.
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries??
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.