Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. S.Udhaya ShankarYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old, I have pain in left foot (in the thumb). I have appeared for the uric acid test once it was 7.2 and second time it was 6.1 normal. But even then I felt a pain twice after. Now I am thinking to consult to orthopedics? Some one have told me to go for homeopathy! What should I do exactly? Its been three months to this problem.
Hi Dr. I am an computer engineering student. I have back pain. How to reduce that pain. Also neck pain. Sir. How to reduce the belly. Please I want your advice. Please help me.
There are many reasons as to why legs may be swollen.
An unhealthy diet
Poor blood circulation
Excessive body weight is all reasons individuals may have swollen legs.
Parsley Tea is wonderful for helping to get rid of excessive fluid in the body.
For the recipe you will need parsley roots and leaves and water.
To begin, chop the parsley very finely.
Add 5 teaspoons of parsley to half a liter of fresh water and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat source, and let the tea steep for 20 minutes.
Strain well. Drink the tea three times per day until the swollen leg condition resides.
I am a student and I sit for around 12 hours a day. What are the chances of me having arthritis or such problems in future?
I fell down while jogging about 15 days back. I hurt my left upper arm and right knee. Initially I gave them rest and my knee improved substantially. I can walk, climb stairs and do everything except kneeling for yoga exercise. My arm even now I can't fully lift sideways though this too has improved. I am 53 years old. Before this fall I used to regularly jog and do yoga. Can I start jogging again?
I am having back pain my age is 23 and my weight is 80 kg, what can I do to avoid back pain? Please suggest.
I had got inflammation, cut, and pain in my proximal inter phalngeal joint after breaking a soil pot during martial art training. And also I get inflammation in metacarpal region outer side of palm of right hand after punching wall. What should I do now. Continue my practice to make my palm more strong or I should stop it.
My friend in addict in sexual activities. He is watching some un wanted sexual movies which leading to him a slow process and he has leg pain frequently and change his activities.
I have a pain in the left side of my lower back. I suspect this pain is from my kidney since if I drink enough water this pain tends to subside. Is it true? If so what do I have to do?
My wife 53 years old, having knees pains since 4 years, for left leg knee injunctions taken somewhat it is better than old, now the right leg also getting trouble. Recently we tried with "ARTHOLAX" Capsules 90nos. Now left 10Nos. Of capsules. Ie. Since 2.5 Months some relief got. Pl. Advice for betterment.
Hi There, I have a problem of pectus excavatum with no medical problem its just when I play sports can not run too much otherwise overall I am healthy. And I also feel I have some spinal problem as well may be its not in alignment. I can't even stand straight. My posture is really bad. And I don't want to have any surgery as well. Please help me with solutions. Thanks.
My wife aged 40 years has following problems. (1) Swelling in Right leg from knee to toenail. (2) Pain at the joint of right leg and stomach.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. It reduces knee pain caused by various illnesses including arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and wearing of the patella among others.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is medically known as Medicago Sativa. Alfalfa is excellent for making sure that your joint pain reduces, when taken in liquid form four times a day.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Bishop's weed: The medical name for Bishop's weed is Trachyspermum Ammi. The oil extracted from this herb is usually applied to the knees to reduce the intensity of such knee pains.
- Celery: The medical name for celery is Apium Graveolens. Celery is not only an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and associated pains in the knees, but it is also helpful in treating gout. It is usually agreed upon that this particular treatment is usually long lasting because of its alkaline nature.
- Dandelion: Dandelion's biological name is Taraxacum Officinale. It is rich in magnesium and is crucial for the correct mineralization of the bones. This mineralization allows the bones to become stronger and also prevents knee pain.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
Related Tip: "All About Knee Pain"