Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.Udhaya Shankar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. S.Udhaya ShankarYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I am 43 years old men. Suffering from Knee pain (both legs) past 13 years. I take medicine several times. But no result. Doctor advised it is deficiency of cartilege. Please advise me for clear my knee pain.
I have pain in left side of chest with shoulder when I do rest not pain when I am doing exercise I have done 4 time ecg and 2 d echo both are normal my cholesterol is 179 and ldl is 129 and hdl is 52 and vldl is 15 and trigelcride is 79 and non hdl is 125 homocysteine is 39 vitamin b12 deficiency and vta mene d too.
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
I am a 22 years old male. I have a back pain for last 3 months. Since it's not cured so please tell me a solution to recover me.
I have been suffer from back pain for few days. I have been trying to getrid exercise regular. But I did not get any result. What should I do. Please.
Hi I am 37 Yr old female I have a knee pain since 3 months I take pain relief medicine, please advise what to do.
I have just recovered from major fever of chikungunya, however I am fine now, I still have intense bone pain and joints pain, and it is particularly intense during morning. Can you please recommend any diet or medication or supplements that can help me?
Acupressure can prove to be extremely effective if you are looking for non-medicinal solutions to treat musculoskeletal problems, such as back pain, sports injuries, arthritis, etc. Acupressure is the application of putting firm pressure on the areas on the body which are swollen, agitated or tense by massaging the acupoints (specific points in the body). Acupressure believes that relieving these areas of pressure reduces the pain.
Here are some musculoskeletal problems that can be healed by acupressure:
- Arthritis: Those who seek acupressure as an alternative treatment for pain are mostly suffering from arthritis (a disease characterised by chronic joint inflammation and cartilage degeneration). Acupressure applies pressure on the inflamed joints.
- Back pain: Back pain is a common problem that can affect anyone irrespective of his or her age. Acupressure acts to relieve the points where the muscles are too tense and helps to tone or support the muscles which have become weak with disuse.
- Chronic pain: Unrelenting pain can stem from many causes. Acupressure focuses on the pain and the pain signals when treating chronic pain. The acupoint of the pain and the nerves are gently massaged to relieve the pain.
- Fibromyalgia: Traumatic injury to the soft tissue, emotional trauma or severe illness can cause fibromyalgia. It is non-inflammatory in nature and often leads to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (a troublesome disorder with symptoms of deep fatigue, sleeping problems, pain, etc.). Acupressure can greatly improve the fatigue and sleeplessness that fibromyalgia causes.
- Tendonitis: The tendon connects the tissue to the bone, and tendonitis is the condition when the tendon is inflamed. Acupressure helps in reducing the inflammation and easing mobility restrictions.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body, stretching from the lower spine to the back of the foot. So when this nerve is agitated, pain radiates from the lower back to the foot. This condition is called sciatica. The acupoints in sciatica are the lower back and the hip. Acupressure effectively loosens the muscles in these regions and reduces inflammation.
- Sports injuries: Strains and sprains are common sports injuries, which mostly affect athletes. Acupressure has anti-inflammatory benefits that can help heal severely injured tendons, ligaments or muscle. Acupressure also plays a huge role in restoring and retraining the body, especially if you are an athlete and play high-demand sports.
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which the pressure increases on the median nerve as it goes through the carpal tunnel, and this causes wrist pain. Acupressure involves the use of directed pressure to specific acupuncture points on the surface of the body.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a sleep disorder. The Acupressure Points between your heel and anklebones (on both sides) have traditionally been used to relieve and prevent insomnia.
- Migraines: Acupuncture is used to effectively treat primary headaches, namely tension and migraine, which are the most common.