Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thilak S
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Thilak SYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Yogesh Nath V
Excellent.need to see result.
Warts are small, rough patches on the skin (resembling cauliflowers) that are caused due to the human papillomavirus (hpv- a dna virus that can infect humans). In this condition, only the topmost layer of your skin gets infected and acquires a rough texture. Warts are not fatal (they do not cause cancer), but they are contagious in nature and do not vanish easily.
Causes of formation of warts: Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family. This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the other. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
Most effective ways to get rid of warts:
- Laser treatment: Very useful for wart removal is pulsed-dye laser treatment. An ablative co2 laser acts by cutting and burning the wart. In this type of treatment the affected blood vessels are burnt, leading to the death of the infected tissue, following which the wart too disappears. However, this method is not commonly used if other treatment methods tend to work as it is painful and may leave behind scars.
- Vaccine: Sometimes your dermatologist may recommend the use of human papillomavirus (hpv) vaccine to successfully eliminate warts.
- Over-the-counter wart removers: Over-the-counter wart treatments containing salicylic acid (a type of fungicide) as an active ingredient are commonly used for effective removal of warts. These medications generally eliminate warts by removing the topmost layer of the skin, following the peel-off process.
- Immune therapy: When warts refuse to vanish after the use of all common treatments, this method is put into use. This type of treatment involves the use of medications or solutions, which strengthens your immune system so that it can repel warts. In this case your warts may be injected with an antigen or a solution or cream may be applied on them.
An oily skin has a host of disadvantages. Apart from making a person look greasy and slimy, it also has major influences on the health of your skin. If you were not aware and thought of oily skin as an awkward condition only you should take a deeper look into its causal effects. Excess oil secretion can make you prone to sun tanning. It can lead to the formation of acne and can also result in upsetting dark patches.
Kinds of food to eat to rule out the ills of an oily skin:
- Include green leafy vegetables in your diet: Antioxidants can successfully fight off oily skin. Green leafy vegetables are rich in Vitamin C; they are known to reduce the effects of oxidants your skin regularly comes in contact with. Eat spinach and kale as much as you can. A green leafy vegetable should be part of your daily meal.
- Salmon can act as a savior: Everybody knows how oily salmon is. However, it is very valuable in treating an oily skin. Salmon is known to have a high percentage of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 acids keep sebum producing molecules on a leash. Thus, excess oil secretion can be controlled by consuming more of this nutritious fish.
- Nuts can combat an oily skin: Having nuts with honey or yogurt or having them directly can treat the ills of greasiness. Nuts are a great source of Vitamin E that is further known to repair an irregular skin. Increased oil secretion is likely to result in acne; acne appears due to breakage of cell membranes. Vitamin E adds strength to your cell walls thus taking care of ugly scars.
- Cucumbers can help your case: Consuming cucumbers raw can be of enormous use. They hydrate the skin by ridding you of excess oil. Antioxidants in cucumbers have the effects of an astringent. They however do not interfere with the functions of essential oils. Have a cucumber on a daily basis to find the way to a glowing skin.
- Enjoy the benefits of grapefruit: The reason behind an oily skin could be the crushing presence of toxins. Grapefruit, rich in Vitamin C, deals with these toxins. Grapefruit contains fiber that is also good for controlling oil secretion.
Related Tip: "6 Must Know Beauty Tips for Oily Skin!"
Healthy skin is a sign of overall good health and vitality. Skin problem is one of the most persistent problems encountered by people. It is imperative therefore, that you take care of your skin to avoid skin disorders. Various factors, such as pollution, smoking, eating processed food and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to unhealthy skin.
There are certain habits, which can be followed by you on a regular basis to restore the health of your skin. Some of them are:
- Exercise regularly: Exercising on a regular basis improves your skin health as it increases blood circulation in the body. Consequently, it helps in delivering various nutrients to the skin, which in turn defers aging. Daily exercises also prevent the onset of various skin disorders.
- Keeping it clean: You should keep your skin clean to prevent the buildup of dirt. This prevents clogging of the pores and enables the skin to breathe.
- Intake of vitamin C in various forms: Vitamin C is used in the collagen production process by amino acids. One of the most convenient ways of maintaining the glow of your skin is to introduce fruits and vegetables which are rich in vitamin C.
- Quit smoking: The pursuit of healthy skin necessitates immediate disengagement with smoking. This fatal habit should be avoided at all cost, as it triggers and facilitates the aging process. It also aggravates the production of free radicals in the skin which in turn adversely affects the skin.
- Less exposure to the sun: Exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun may damage the collagen structure of the skin. It also causes tanning and increases your chance of developing skin cancer.
- Avoid sweet food: Consumption of sweets may lead to the formation of various substances, which threaten to damage the collagen structure and subsequently aggravates the aging process.
- Antioxidants: Fruits and leafy vegetables are generally packed with antioxidants. A potential damage of the skin can be deterred by including them in the diet.
- Massage: Skin massages facilitate blood circulation on the skin and eradicates the damaging effect of the free radicals. This ensures that you have healthy and refreshed skin.
- Plant proteins: The level of oestrogen falls drastically in women after menopause, leading to the development of wrinkles.Foods, such as soy, nuts and beans minimise this effect by replenishing the level of oestrogen in the body and therefore must be incorporated in the diet.
Related Tip: "5 Tips to Treat Oily Skin"