Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Tamilselvi
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. S TamilselviYour feedback matters!
I am 26 and I have consistent neck pain and always wakes up with a stiff neck. Recently I got shoulder pain and numbness or dizziness. I got pain while throwing the cricket ball. What should I do? Thanks with regards.
I have neck pain in backside since 3 days and it continues. Previous year in the winter I felt the same. I don't know why it occurs. I want to know the reason for this and also I have pain in right shoulder whenever I walk for long time it starts to feel pain in the right shoulder. Kindly explain me the reasons. Thank you!
Sir I am 42 years and from last one month I am observing that in left foot some burning sensation is there and left toe some one touches the agarbatti into it why this is happening I am surprised?
I'm 20 year old female and my problem is leg pain for 2 days continuously only wen I walk and press the leg that too only left leg? Please help me out.
I am having neckache +some upper back pain and I cant even speep at night with pillow under head. Also all my veins are like they are stretched. Please guide me some tips.
Iam 47 years old male suffering from back pain and breathing problem. ECG and echo test is negative tmt is positive at the end of the test. I also suffer from gastric problem.
I am 37 yrs, female, I have severe knee pain and got the xray taken. It says osteophytes. What is solution?
A stinging pain in the neck that makes you feel broken from the neck joint could be a reason to worry. It is often accompanied by an aching head or a throbbing shoulder joint. Neck pain, such as this occurs due to an injury in the area resulting from sudden back and forth movement of the neck. It is referred to as whiplash as the nature of the pain and subsequent discomfort resembles the snapping of a whip. The pain is more like a sprain, but not exactly so. This can affect athletes or even any person in general who has faced an accident in recent past. Whiplash is characterized by a tearing of ligaments and tendons that connect one bone to another.
Causes of Whiplash:
- Sports that involve contact: Any extracurricular activity involving collisions or other forms of physical contact can cause neck injuries. Football and rugby players frequently suffer from Whiplash.
- Road accidents: Public transport has a host of disadvantages. Reckless driving can make the tendons of your neck tear. Auto accidents cause immense strain on your neck; it can also lead to Whiplash.
- Any kind of physical abuse: If you have gotten into a violent fight with someone your neck could suffer from a Whiplash. Instances of physical abuse where the neck is jerked or punched at can also result in neck strains. Domestic violence often leads to instances of neck strains.
Symptoms related to this condition:
- You may or may not suffer from tinnitus. Tinnitus is a physical disorder where you hear ringing sounds. It is quite distracting.
- Your vision might get blurry.
- You can experience irregular sleep patterns.
- You can find it hard to concentrate on any one thing for more than a while.
- You can grow irritable at the drop of a hat.
- Your memory may fail you. You might find it next to impossible to trace back a day's activity.
Some of the other direct symptoms are:
- Your neck might turn stiff preventing you from moving it left, right, up or down.
- Pangs of pain can be felt in and around your shoulders.
- Your upper arms can grow numb and tender.
- Your head can spin repeatedly or you could feel dizzy.
- Whiplash can also result in serious fatigue.