Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.T.SivakumaranYour feedback matters!
I have been on a vacation and got tanned really bad. My skin was very red 2 days ago which has got better but my completion has really been affected. This affect is more prominent on my face than the hands or even the neck area.
Finding the perfect skin care routine for yourself is no easy task, it requires knowledge about your skin. It also requires you to go through various skincare products and a trial and error method to find suitable products. Maintaining a healthy skin is an indicator of your general health and hence cannot be taken lightly.
In order to determine the perfect skin care routine, you must first determine the type of skin you have. Usually the skin types are classified as dry skin, oily skin and combination skin (a mixture of both oily skin and dry skin). Dry skin is characterized by tightness and flakiness; it turns parched on washing and you need constant moisturizing. Oily skin is characterized by presence of large pores and oiliness in the skin. This skin type is also prone to acne and pimples. Combination skin type is characterized by an oily t-zone (nose, chin and forehead) with dry cheeks.
Based on identifying the skincare type, now your focus should be on putting together a skincare routine that keeps your skin fresh and healthy. Here are some tips to find the perfect skincare routine based on your skin type:
- Oily skin: Oily skin is characterized by excessive oiliness in the skin and thus you need to keep your face clean at all times. Use a mild cleanser to clean your face twice a day so as to keep those pores unclogged. If the pores get clogged with impurities then inflammation occurs resulting in acne. Focus on using water based moisturizers so that the skin remains oil free.
- Dry skin: Dry skin is characterized by parched skin that feels flaky at times, so restrict cleaning your face excessively as it will strip away the natural oils. Use oil based moisturizers to moisturize your skin after washing it. Eat a lot of protein based food to keep your skin healthy.
- Combination skin: Combination skin is a mixture of both oily and dry skin. The oily parts of the skin need attention similar to the oily skin routine. Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser and avoid using harsh soaps. Apply moisturizes only to dry areas of the skin as it may aggravate flare ups if applied to the oily parts.
What you see and feel depends on the type of psoriasis you have. You may have just a few of the signs and symptoms listed below, or you may have many.
- Skin looks like it is burned.
-Most (or all) of the skin on the body turns bright red.
-Body cannot maintain its normal temperature of 98.6° F.
- Person gets very hot or very cold.
-Heart beats too fast.
If it looks like a person has erythrodermic psoriasis, get the person to a hospital right away its very emergency. The person’s life may be in danger
My grandfather died last week bcz of tht I feel very depressed which is causing dark circles on my face. What r the remedies?
My skin is oily and have pimples and marks on face. I have lots of marks and pimples on chest as well as back part (bacne)
I am 17 years old. I am having dark circles on my face .I tried doing different things and even I applied garners dark circles roll non but nothing changed. Please help me regarding that.
Women can find unwanted hair growth very embarrassing. This is especially true if she sports hair growth on her face. Excessive hair growth on a woman is also known as Hirsutism. This differs from the usual fine 'peach fuzz' that covers the rest of the body. Such hair can be characterized as dark and coarse.
Hirsutism has a number of causes. Some of the most common reasons for this condition are:
- Genes: Hirsutism often runs in families. Thus, if your mother or grandmother suffered from this skin condition, chances are that you may suffer from the same. This is most commonly seen in people from the Mediterranean region and South East Asia.
- Hormones: Hirsutism is also linked to an abnormally high level of male hormones like androgens in the body. This is usually seen in cases where women suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Cushing's syndrome or tumors in the adrenal gland.
- Medication: A shift in hormone levels is also a common side effect of many types of medication. This is typically seen in drugs that include hormones, such as anabolic steroids, drugs that spur hair growth and drugs that help with endometriosis.
Facial hirsutism can be treated in a number of ways. Some of the ways to remove excess hair are:
- Shaving: This is an easy and quick way to remove unwanted skin. However, it may irritate the skin and with every shave, the hair growth may get coarser.
- Bleaching: This is a temporary solution for Hirsutism, but may irritate the skin and does not suit dark skinned women.
- Waxing: When done regularly, waxing can reduce the amount of hair growth. However, this is a painful technique and can cause skin inflammation.
- Laser hair treatment: Compared to the above forms of hair removal, laser treatment can remove hair for the longest period of time. However, this is not a permanent solution and can have side effects like the lightening or darkening of skin.
- Electrolysis: This is permanent solution to Hirsutism. It can require several sittings and may also lead to scarring or changes in skin colour.
- Medication: Prescription drugs can also change the way hair grows on the body. However, if you stop using this medication the hair growth with go back to its original form. Birth control pills and anti androgen blockers are the most common form of prescription drugs used to treat hirsutism.