Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.T.SivakumaranYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old female. I got two black patches at two corner of my lips. And it is very texture. Sometimes it is itchy also. I have used boroline for 1 month and above but I got no result. What should I do now? It looks very ugly.
Hello sir, I have some black spots on my nose and I can't cleaned out this by soaps or facewash so I dont know how to cure it. So please give me some advise.
I am 23 years old female and I have black spots all over my bicepsand shoulders And I undergo a terrible and high rate of hairfall and it scares me nowadays as I can feel it falling from the root. I have tried lots n lots of natural remedies nothing works Theres a high rate of skin pigmentation also for me. Pls help:(
My father suffered bleeding this morning from anus. It was quiet a bit of blood. He did not complaint about any pain or bleeding before. What might be the cause. He is 67 years old.
I rubbed my towel too hard on one part of my face and that area turned Black and looked Bruised (no bleeding) and then after like 3-4 days one part of the whole thing started coming off (it dried and fell off). Only some of it has come out and it's been almost 20 days and it dosent show any signs of coming out.
Doctor my forehead has a discolouration comparing to the face. It is black in color my forehead and my complexion is brownish. And around my eyes dark black circles. Can you please help me.
My lips are too black nd my partner always complain me about this. I lose my confidence bcz of my dark lips. I drink too much tea before some months bt now I drink sometimes. I have also tried some home remedies for making my lips natural pink bt nothing happen. please suggest me what should I do?
I am having red spots in mouth since 10 months. Earlier I took medicine for pharanygytis only 70%cured, still spots are there. Mild irritation is also there but not having any while eating or drinking. Please suggest what to do now.
I am 60 years old and suffering fron lichen planus since last 2 years. I have taken allopathic treatment but could not satisfied.
Acne scars look bad and often interfere with your bright looks, as they make you feel embarrassed and unfresh. You use more makeup to cover them or avoid going out in order to hide them. However, instead of hiding your face or the scars, you may try these treatment options to remove the scars instead and feel brighter and better.
- Chemical peels: This method involves the application of a chemical peel on the skin. The acid in it removes the superficial skin layer to improve the appearance of the scar. This works well on lighter scars, and a licensed medical practitioner, nurse or cosmetologist can do this procedure.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: This technique involves using a high speed brush on the skin to polish the portion of the scar and make that part of the skin even, so that the scar looks lighter. If your skin doctor feels that you don't need serious dermabrasion, then he may use a microdermabrasion where small crystals are sprayed onto the skin surface to remove the skin cells over the scar and improve appearance.
- Fillers: Fillers are used on the skin which gets depressed due to the acne or scars. There are some binding materials like collagen or Hyaluronic acid, which can be injected through an injection, and this keeps the skin smooth, scar free and elevated for some time after which the injection has to be repeated. This has to be a continuous treatment until your skin starts to appear normal again.
- Retinoid creams: The retinoid creams are especially beneficial on scars if applied patiently for a prolonged period. These creams come with little side effects like burning, drying or peeling of the skin, but over a medium to long term application, all scars do get removed.
- Laser treatment: A combination of a few types of laser treatments or just one type depending on the acne stage or redness is used. This smoothens the skin and removes the acne scars by removing skin cells from the area.
- Punch Excisions and Skin grafting: This is a surgical technique. The acne scar can be removed by cutting a portion of the skin, and removing it. Normally, this procedure is combined with skin grafting, where the hole created by the acne is filled up either through stitches, or through grafting of the skin. This is actually the most invasive process to remove scars and only done when you have a serious, permanent and stubborn scar which can't be effectively removed by other techniques.