Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.T.SivakumaranYour feedback matters!
Actually, since last two weeks I have been noticing a little white patch on my skin which is lighted than my skin tone. I have also consulted a dermatologist but I am still worried about it. My doctor suggested me the candid cream and said there was nothing to worry about and it could be just a yeast infection on my skin or due to sunburn. Now my question is that, actually everyday I apply Multani matti on my face to keep my skin fresh. Can I apply the candid cream after using the face pack only on the affected areas? And also, using candid cream is right? Please provide me some quicker and fast effective tips to help with these patches. Please.
I am a marketing boy so need to roam in sunlight, dust in the day time for long hours. As a result I have been affected by dark pigmentation on my hands face and my exposed parts in the sunlight, please suggest me some medicine?
Hello sir, after pregnancy & pregnancy time on my face & forhead black spot appears & after 4 years they not gone please advice for this treatment & healty face
I have round scar on my face which is very dark it can't be remove by applying medical creme help me to removed this please.
I am 18 year old and very concerned with my increasing myopia. It is currently -6.50 in both eyes. After my study sessions too my eyes feel very tired although I take breaks every 2 hrs and keep splashing water on my eyes to relax. Also I am worried with my dark circles, be it exam season or vacation time they always accompany me. I want to know till what age myopia will increase and can it beat least reduced by following some diet regimes or exercise? Please advice Thanks in advance.
Sir/Madam, Recently my face has become black from one month. Please suggest suitable diet and precautions for getting glow and to get rid of blackish. Thanks in Advance.
I am priyanka, 23 years old. I am suffering from acne black spots on face. I am using kojic acid cream recently. Is that cream get rid of black spots? I am suffering from large pores on my face. Is there any cream to get rid of pores?
I have stitch marks on my face. So I want to remove that scar permanently. Suggest me some treatment for permanent removal of scar.
I am suffering from dryness on my skin since 4 weeks. What can I do to get rid of this kind of dryness.
All of us have the innate desire to age gracefully. We want to think like a 40 but look like a 20. Nevertheless, with few treatments, you can undo the signs of aging to restore your youthful glow.
Laser Treatment: This method uses laser beams to generate heat energy for stimulating growth of new collagen fibers. This leaves your skin supple and rejuvenated.
Botox Injections: One can do away with wrinkles by the use of unadulterated Botulinum toxin A. When injected in a small amount, they block the nerves and prevent contraction of the muscles. Hence, the skin appears less wrinkled and even smoother.
Chemical Peel: Here, the doctor coats the affected areas of the skin with acid, thus causing microscopic exfoliation & new collagen formation and eliminating lines, creases and age spots.
Dermabrasion: The procedure requires sanding the epidermis (upper skin layer) with the help of a rotating brush done with Aluminium Oxide Crystals. A new skin layer eventually replaces the old one that gets removed in the process.
Face-lift: The method involves eliminating the excess skin and fat from the neck and the lower face, thus helping to tighten up the connective tissue and the underlying muscle.
Soft Tissue Fillers: Soft tissue fillers including hyaluronic acid, collagen and fat can be injected into the creases on the face. This helps to plump and level out the furrows.
Anti-ageing treatments address and treat the following skin issues associated with age:
Loss of one’s skin firmness
Reduced elasticity of the skin
Increased skin dryness
Pigmentation disorders, such as uneven pigmentation or age spots
Loss of skin radiance
Increased vulnerability to rashes and bruises
Greater translucency resulting in visibility of the veins
Increased redness due to enlarged blood vessels
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have acne scars and sun tan on my face. My skin complexion is very dark and oily skin. please help me how can I be treated?
An oily skin has a host of disadvantages. Apart from making a person look greasy and slimy, it also has major influences on the health of your skin. If you were not aware and thought of oily skin as an awkward condition only you should take a deeper look into its causal effects. Excess oil secretion can make you prone to sun tanning. It can lead to the formation of acne and can also result in upsetting dark patches.
Kinds of food to eat to rule out the ills of an oily skin:
- Include green leafy vegetables in your diet: Antioxidants can successfully fight off oily skin. Green leafy vegetables are rich in Vitamin C; they are known to reduce the effects of oxidants your skin regularly comes in contact with. Eat spinach and kale as much as you can. A green leafy vegetable should be part of your daily meal.
- Salmon can act as a savior: Everybody knows how oily salmon is. However, it is very valuable in treating an oily skin. Salmon is known to have a high percentage of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 acids keep sebum producing molecules on a leash. Thus, excess oil secretion can be controlled by consuming more of this nutritious fish.
- Nuts can combat an oily skin: Having nuts with honey or yogurt or having them directly can treat the ills of greasiness. Nuts are a great source of Vitamin E that is further known to repair an irregular skin. Increased oil secretion is likely to result in acne; acne appears due to breakage of cell membranes. Vitamin E adds strength to your cell walls thus taking care of ugly scars.
- Cucumbers can help your case: Consuming cucumbers raw can be of enormous use. They hydrate the skin by ridding you of excess oil. Antioxidants in cucumbers have the effects of an astringent. They however do not interfere with the functions of essential oils. Have a cucumber on a daily basis to find the way to a glowing skin.
- Enjoy the benefits of grapefruit: The reason behind an oily skin could be the crushing presence of toxins. Grapefruit, rich in Vitamin C, deals with these toxins. Grapefruit contains fiber that is also good for controlling oil secretion.
Related Tip: "6 Must Know Beauty Tips for Oily Skin!"