Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.SowrirajanYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my gf today she bled during intercourse. After going home she bleeds when she fingers vagina. How long will bleeding last and the also there is a little pain. Why is this bleeding.
Pregnancy is a time when your body undergoes a plethora of changes, both emotionally and physically. In such a situation, an acute liver failure only triggers further complications, threatening to affect both the mother and the fetus. The ambit of liver diseases range from mild complications to those that can be life threatening. Acute liver failure or ALF, as it is commonly known as in medical parlance is a condition which is caused when then there is a sudden impairment of the ability of the blood to clot. In spite of the erratic nature of the ailment and its ability to affect anybody with a complete disregard of the individual's pre-existing history of liver problems, there are certain causes that are said to propel it. Some of them are:
- Eclampsia with liver infraction: This is an extremely rare condition. Generally, eclampsia refers to the occurrence of convulsions in pregnant women, mostly in those who suffer from high blood pressure. Those women who suffer from eclampsia along with liver infraction are more susceptible to have a liver failure.
- Hepatic rupture: Much like eclampsia, hepatic rupture is also caused in women who have high blood pressure. This heightens the risk of an impending liver failure in pregnant women.
- Fatty liver: Sometimes excess of fat develops in the liver deterring its functioning. This is not only detrimental to your health but also poses a great danger in triggering a liver failure.
In spite of these, there have been multiple treatments which have developed to manage and curb it. Some of them are:
- Remedial measure for coagulation: The inability of blood to clot blood is known as coagulation which is extremely fatal and one of the primary causes that leads to liver failure. Therefore timely and potent intervention of medicine is important to prevent that and in turn diminish the possibility of liver failure.
- Volume replacement: Volume replacement refers to the condition where fluids are resuscitated or replenished into the body, those that were lost but at the same time are mandatory for the proper functioning of the body.
Hello ma'am /hello sir, Please advise I am 23rd week pregnant lady .I have done ultrasound in 21 week nd my baby weight is 415gram. Before two week I did test my sugar level that was coming fasting 115 nd random is 130. I am worried .is it gestational diabetes??
Hey doctor Greetings of the day! Doctor I gave birth to daughter on 27th Jan 2016 and after that till yet I did not got periods. I consulted doctor bt she said it happens wait for 2 months but its still the same. Pls suggest.
Hello Dr. please tell me start the Ist day of period is very pain what the reason of pain back n front sides.
I am seven months pregnant n feeling pain in my ear? Is it safe to use a ear drop candibiotic in pregnancy?
I am 30 years old female. My marital life is 4 years. We have some confusions in my sexual life. The sperm all will come out after intercourse. After 2 years I got pregnant but at 5th month I miscarried. Also my husband has some health complaint in fertility. Now I am not getting pregnant, so we went for ivf for one attempt as per my doctor advice. But its failed. So what I do now for getting pregnant?
My wife has a cyst in left overy. I consulted the doctor and went for an ultrasound. The cyst was 41* 30 mm. The doctor said it will vanish by itself ,no need for medication. It is painful sometimes and slight bleeding from vagina every day.
Indigestion and Constipation: Lemon juice helps to cure problems related to indigestion and constipation. Add a few drops of lemon on your dish (take care, as lemon does not go well with milk), and it will aid in digestion. Lemon acts as a blood purifier and a cleansing agent, so a good drink after lunch or dinner is fresh lemon soda, which is also called fresh lime soda in many places. The recipe is lemon juice, cold water, soda, salts (common salt or rock salt) and sugar/honey for sweetness. You can also add some mint leaves or crushed fennel seeds for added flavor. Drink this whenever you have a heavy lunch or dinner.
Lemon juice can treat a person who is suffering from a cold, flu or fever. It helps to break fevers by increasing perspiration.
Lemon juice is also frequently used in dental care. If fresh lemon juice is applied on the area of a toothache, it can assist in getting rid of the pain. Massaging lemon juice on the gums can stop gum bleeding, while eliminating the bad odors that can come from various gum diseases and conditions.
Additionally, lemon can be used in the regular cleansing of your teeth. Keep your eye out for a toothpaste containing lemon as one of the ingredients, or add a drop of lemon juice onto your normal toothpaste. Some people also rub their teeth with the outer shell (the inner side touching your teeth) of a lemon after removing the juice. But be careful, lemons are highly acidic, so if your mouth starts burning, rinse your gums and mouth quickly with water.
Hair Care: Lemon juice has proven itself in the treatment of hair care on a wide scale. Lemon juice applied to the scalp can treat problems like dandruff, hair loss and other problems related to the hair and scalp. If you apply lemon juice directly on the hair, it can give your hair a natural shine.
Skin Care: Lemon juice, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can also cure problems related to the skin. Lemon juice can be applied to reduce the pain of sun burn, and it helps to ease the pain from bee stings as well. Lemon juice can be applied on the skin for the treatment of acne and eczema. It acts as an anti-aging remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads. Drinking lemon juice mixed with water and honey brings a healthy glow to the skin, and if you thoroughly search the cosmetic market, you will find some soaps containing lemon juice, but they aren’t too easy to find!
The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin(better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy.
It is made by cells formed in the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall.
Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12-14 days after conception by a urine test.
Typically, the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8-11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Key Things To Remember About HCG Levels -
- As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
- Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 -6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.
- An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.
- The hCG hormone is measured in milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml).
- A transvaginal ultrasound should be able to show at least a gestational sac once the hCG levels have reached between 2,000mIU/ml. Because levels can differentiate so much and conception dating can be wrong, a diagnosis should not be made by ultrasound findings until the hCG level has reached at least 2,000.
- A single hCG reading is not enough information for most diagnoses. When there is a question regarding the health of the pregnancy, multiple testings of hCG done a couple of days apart give a more accurate assessment of the situation.
- The hCG levels should not be used to date a pregnancy, since these numbers can vary so widely.
- There are two common types of hCG tests. A qualitativehCG test detects if hCG is present in the blood. A quantitative hCG test (or beta hCG) measures the amount of hCG actually present in the blood.
- Guideline To HCG Levels During Pregnancy
hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age):
- 3 weeks LMP: 5-50 mIU/ml
- 4 weeks LMP: 5-426 mIU/ml
- 5 weeks LMP: 18-7,340 mIU/ml
- 6 weeks LMP: 1,080-56,500 mIU/ml
- 7-8 weeks LMP: 7, 650-229,000 mIU/ml
- 9-12 weeks LMP: 25,700-288,000 mIU/ml
- 13-16 weeks LMP: 13,300-254,000 mIU/ml
- 17-24 weeks LMP: 4,060-165,400 mIU/ml
- 25-40 weeks LMP: 3,640-117,000 mIU/ml
* These numbers are just a guideline, every woman's level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters, but rather the change in the level.
What Can A Low HCG Level Mean?
A low hCG level can mean any number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to see how the level is changing.
A low hCG level can indicate:
- Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
- Possible miscarriage or blighted ovum
- Ectopic pregnancy
What Can A High HCG Level Mean?
A high level of hCG can also mean a number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to evaluate changes in the level.
A high hCG level can indicate:
- Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
- Molar pregnancy
- Multiple pregnancy
I am 26 years old now and I got married in 2016 my problem is irregular periods. We are trying to get pregnant.
1. If you are going to take herbs, see a practitioner formally trained in botanical medicine.
2. Buy herbal remedies from trusted and reliable sources.
3. Avoid herbs in which the purity and quality are suspicious,especially imported herbs.
4. Most herbs, like drugs, should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation and should not be given to small children.
5. Consider drug/herb interactions.
6. Start with low dosages and beware of the dosages: two pills from the same bottle may have completely different strengths.
7. To avoid possible chronic effects, do not use herbal remedies for long periods.
8. If you are unwell, discontinue use immediately and seek medical advice.