Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S.SomasundaramYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from high blood pressure from november, 2015 to till date. My doctor advised me to do some tests regarding lipid profile, blood test, thyroid tech. But everything was normal. Then he prescribed me to have Stamlo 2.5 Daily Once. But till date my BP after having it is 140/90. I've also gained 5 kgs of weight within 4 months. Please give me some advises.
I am 29 year old man from India. Last week I had chest pain, it lasted few minutes. Yesterday I again felt it. Is it sign of heart attack?
My mother is 69 years old having blood pressure and diabetes. Recently had breathing difficulty so doctors found water in lungs. Her creatinine is 3.6 and haemoglobin is 8.9.please suggest.
I am a 36y old male. My height is 5'4" and weight is 95kg. My BP was 160/110. I take Amlodipine 5mg and Atenolol 50 mg OD for one month but it doesn't work. Than I take telmisartan 40 mg and Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg OD for last three months. Now my BP is 130/94. Which medicine I can take next for reduce Diastolic.
Hello, Sir I am here to ask you that if there is any problem if our heart rate at normal condition is more than 100 (like 106, 110)
I have a cholesterol problem since last 7 years have taken medicine for that i.e. crestor 10mg. Please suggest some home remedies or ayurvedic medicine.
Hello, This regarding my mother. She is 65 years old and a BP patients is suffering from high fever 102, however it fluctuates sometimes 100,101 102. Its been three days and the situation is still the same. We got her checked we got her blood test done and doctor said its just the viral. If it is viral why is it taking so long. Can you suggest what can be done? Can you reply as early as possible. Thanks.
How much period of rest a person should take after angioplasty? What time of life style should he follow and food plan he should adhere to?
Hi, I have some problem in my right eye there is no vision and the pressure is also high there are some white spots like cloudy in my eye doctor gave me some medicine but I'm not satisfied with his check up he is saying that I have to put medicine long life he also told that I have ulcer in my eye.
I have a problem in my liver I will tell you all about what after scan doctor write. RAMAN X-RAY CHEST PA VIEW Soft tissues and bony cage are normal Trachea is shifted to the right. Cardiac shadow is normal. Fibrocavitatary & nodular lesions are seen in the right you zone Right hilum is pulled up. Large cavities are also seen in right mid zone. Costophrenic angles are clear. Pulmonary tuberculosis.
Hi, I have done some investigations were in my lipid profile is little raised total cholesterol is 230 mg/dl Triglyceride is 216 mg/dl HDL is normal LDL is 147 mg/dl and HBA1CO (glyco HB) is 5.9% in Liver function test LFT there are enzymes which are little raised like AST is 54 U/L ALT is 94 U/L total Bilirubin is 1.19 Mg/DL direct Bilirubin is 0.49mg/dl total protein is 6.15g/dl. Kindly suggest me what should I do? Regards.
My cholesterol ranges from 180 to 220. I am 57 years old. TLC 9000, DLC 55/43, LDL 105, HDL 45, Hb 15.3, sugar fasting 94.
I am 29 year old female. I am having sever chest pain since few days. It lasts for 15-20 minute. Teo days I was at work and I have sever pain around my middle and left chest area for about 1 hour. It was extremely painful. Like a big pressure. Today again I am feeling this pain and pressure on my chest. Pls hep.
What is different between high blood pressure and low blood pressure. Can same solution to tackle both disease. Kindly tell me in details.
I am Ashish Kumar and 25yers old. I have chest pain since almost 2 years. I feel this pain in bone. My x - ray report is normal. Sometimes this pain is more. In winter season pain is increased. Please give me solution.
I am a male Sr Citizen aged 73 years having BP and Diabetes taking prescribed medicines for some time. I am experiencing ringing sound in my ears/head intermittently during day and night. I am told it is known as TINNITUS. What is the remedy for this condition Sir?
Chest pain may be caused by multiple problems within the body and while being a problem in itself, may also be a symptom of a bigger underlying problem. Chest pain may be caused by anything from simple chest congestion due to a cold to something far more serious such as the onset of a heart attack. While it is important that life style changes be made to prevent major issues, homeopathy can provide relief for many symptoms till extensive medical steps are taken to correct the problem.
Some causes of chest pain
2. Onset of a heart attack
4. Weakness of the arteries
5. Weakness of the heart muscle
8. Chest congestion or cold
Symptoms associated with chest pain
- Stable angina – Vice like constriction or choking, pain may be spread to right or left arm or both, dyspnoea before pain.
- Unstable angina – Chest pain occurs at rest.
- Pericarditis – Pain radiates to the left side of the shoulder which gets worse by lying in a flat position.
- Pneumothorax – Severe chest pain along with shortness of breath, cyanosis, restlessness and collapse.
- Pneumonia – Sharp pain which, gets worse by taking deep breath and coughing.
- Pulmonary embolism – Short rapid breathing, sharp pain in middle of the chest that is worse by deep breathing.
- Gastroesophagial reflux disease – Difficult painful swallowing, pain in the middle of chest which, extends to neck, back and shoulders.
- Myocardial – Vomiting, dyspnoea features of shock, profuse sweating, fever, low blood pressure, pulse small rapid and irregular
Homeopathic remedies for various kinds of chest pain
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which a patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat chest pain, but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility of the patient. For this patient’s current symptoms, past medical history and family history are taken into account. There are many homeopathic remedies which cover the symptoms of chest pain and can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment of chest pain, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. In medical emergencies like myocardial infarction and pulmonary embolism, immediate hospitalization is usually required. Some important remedies are given below for the treatment of chest pain:
- Arnica mont. – Chest pain with sore and bruised feeling.
- Ranunculus b. – Good remedy for intercostal rheumatism, sharp stitching pain in the chest along with dyspnoea.
- Kali carb. – Stitching pain in the chest, which gets worse between 2-3 A.M
- Actea racemosa. – Pain worse on the right side.
- Bryonia – Chest pain is of stitching, burning and stabbing in nature, is worse by motion and better by rest and pressure. Thirst for large quantities of water and dryness of mucous membranes often accompanies.
- Rumex c. – Sharp stitching pain through the left lung, often with cough.
- Stannum – Knife like stitches, worse on bending forward and left side.
- Phosphorus – Violent tickling cough, chest pain due to tuberculosis of lungs or pneumonia along with oppression of the chest.
- Aconite – Chest pain due to pneumonia of first stage along with anxiety and restlessness.
- Robinia – Burning pain behind sternum due to hyperacidity.
- Strophanthus – Chest pain is of stitching and twitching in nature and often of cardiac origin.
- Digitalis - Digitalis is known chiefly for its action on the heart, and it is rare that a patient suffering from an affection of that organ does not get Digitalis in some form.
- Cactus - Perhaps the most important remedy in heart affections,from the homoeopathist’s standpoint, is Cactus.
- Lachesis - Lachesis is the best natural Homeopathic medicine when episodes of fainting occur along with Palpitations during menopause. The women needing Lachesis have an aversion to wear any tight clothing.