Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S.SomasundaramYour feedback matters!
I am getting chest pain frequently what is the exact problem especially heart side of the chest I'm 24 year old.
I feel nausea and dizziness due to low pressure. Is there anything I can do to increase blood pressure?
It is also known as ishemic heart disease is the most common type heart disease and is the lead cause of death. Plaque builds up inside the blood vessels of the heart, obstructing the supply of blood to the heart muscle.
Iam suffering from Blood pressure my age 25 approx the bp is 160/80 Since one year iam not yet using bp tablets and I hope seeing it come to normal please suggest me what I do.
From two months I feel the pain near to my heart from the interval of 2- 3 days please suggest any cure or hospital.
A doctor prescribed Ramipril (Generic name: Altace) to my mom as she is suffering from B. P. There are so many adverse reactions when it is administrated. Can you say me what is the reason behind why the patient will suffer from adverse reactions like vertigo, renal impairment. Will the adverse reactions of the drug differs from a patient to patient like their age, diet, personality?
Sir, I have chest pain and feel weakness from 2or3 month. I take some medicine by doctor but no profit. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am a 37 year old make with no diabetes. But my cholesterol level is a bit high. More than 330. What should I do to control it?
Here are some tips to help you look after your heart.
1. Quit smoking now. Twelve months after quitting, your increased risk of dying from heart disease will be half that of a continuing smoker.
2. Improve your diet. Include wholegrain cereals, legumes, fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts in your diet and lower your risk of heart disease.
3. Exercise regularly. Walk briskly for 30 minutes a day and reduce your risk of heart attack by one third.
4. Maintain your friendships. People with supportive friendship networks are at less risk of heart disease.
5. Eat more fish. Oily fish like tuna, sardines or salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and will boost your good cholesterol.
6. Switch your chocolate choice. Switch from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. When eaten in moderation, dark chocolate is good for your heart.
7. Limit your alcohol. It is recommended you limit yourself to no more than two standard glasses of alcohol a day if you are a man, or one glass a day if you are a woman.
8. Avoid salty and high sodium foods. Don't add salt when preparing or eating your meals.
9. Have a diabetes test. Uncontrolled diabetes can damage your artery walls and contribute to heart disease.
10. Make fitness fun. Choose activities that combine exercise and socialising like pilates, water aerobics, dancing, cycling or yoga.