Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S.SomasundaramYour feedback matters!
I am 44 year old man recentely I check my bp and cholstrol, bp, 172 to102, cholsrol total -more than 300, shugar normal, I feel just head ache only, please aduvise me.
Joint pain problems in knees, backpain, am also suffering from diabetes from last three years, am patients of hypertension also.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - It is important that you eat foods that are high in fiber and nutrients, but low in calories in order to stay healthy. Consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. often lead to heart problems. But foods like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish in your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking increases your chance of getting heart disease by about 2 - 4 times. As it can damage the lining of the arteries, which leads to build up of atheroma, and narrows the artery. This eventually can lead to heart attack or stroke. Smoking further reduces the level of oxygen in your blood, due the presence of carbon monoxide, that means your heart has to pump harder to supply the body with the oxygen it needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
Instead of taking Telmiride-H (for High Blood Pressure, can I consume ayurvedic Medicine. Please advise and give address of Doctors also. I am Staying In Daman.(Near by Vapi, Gujarat) Thanks and Regards. D.M.Patel.
I feel my heartbeat in one part of head and feel so much of disturbance. Is my carotid atrery blocked. Actually some dear one died last week. Till then my blood pressure is not at pace. When I give my attention to this it rises more with more disturbance in head. I feel like someone is sucking blood inwards fron one part of head. So please give some suggestions for I have to start +1.
Hi I am an 55 year old man and I have done ptca to rca (ira) 0n 19/01/2015 with stenting 95% stenosed (a drug eluting stent [ xience prime] 3.0 x 38 mm. Was deployed at 14 atm. Pressure with very good result and timi-3 flow. I have another blockage of 80% in another lca now what should I eat and drink (red wine or not). And what kind of exercises I can do.
Dear Sir, (Female age 41 yrs),I am having severe gastric problem causing severe headache very ofte. Today I am suffering from mild pain & heaviness in chest?
Dear Sir/Madam My friend weight is 56 kg. Height 5'9" age 39 years . How to gain weight (for your information he is a cholesterol patient) Please kindly suggest keeping in mind of cholesterol problem. Will protein intake will help or increases the risk of high cholesterol. KIndly advise. Thanks.
What are the dangers of having high colas Tirol? Can other problem develop? Are there things I can do at home or in my life to reduce cholesterol?
I am 20 years old. I am having little pain in left side of chest. It pains when I touch that area. What is the reason behind it?
Hello my question is. I feel tired on my wake-up everyday sometimes very worse deep breathing after 10 min walk and stretching it become ok not completely .I do workout on evening after that I fell tired till morning and muscle pain on my chest and back .how to get rid of this morning tiredness.
What is the causes of rheumatic heart disease. I had mitral valve replacement surgery 6 years ago. My one valve is changed with artificial valve.
I am 20 years old male. I have blood pressure problem from last one year. I can take 2 dose tab of stamblo 5 mg and olmezest 2 mg per day. But not progress yet.
I have chest pain and it is from 10 days and the right side of my chest in very much pain please help me to remove this.
My test report .cholesterol .hdl. 221/mg/DL. And ldl 144/mg/dl. And none hdl 172/mg/dl. And tc/hdl ratio 4.5. And triglycerides. 232/mg/dl.
My skin is pale. Cold hand n feet. No appetite. Weakness, sometimes having low Blood pressure . Joint pain back pain. N not having periods for more than 1 month. please tell me whats the reason of not getting periods. What to do now.
Hello sir, I am 40 years old. I was using mintop 10 for my hair loss problem. After using four months I have seen some side effects fast heartbeat, redness and irritation on skin. I have stopped using it for last two months. Kindly suggest me some remedies still I am facing side effects fast heartbeat, redness and irritation on skin.
The treatment of heart disease has come a long way and one of the more important and fairly common devices used to correct rhythmic problems of the heart is a pacemaker. A pacemaker is a device which is put inside the chest or sometimes even the abdomen to send electrical pulses to the heart to keep it beating at a normal rate.
Pacemaker for heart failure
However, the implications in case of heart failure make the usage of the pacemaker much more complicated. In such cases, the device used is a special type of pacemaker which is also called a bi-ventricular pacemaker. This device sends electrical signals to pump the ventricles of the heart so that they can pump at the same time.
There are many factors to be aware of before undergoing this treatment. Some of the factors to consider are mentioned below.
- Requirement for a pacemaker in case of heart failure - When a patient has heart failure, their ventricles or lower chambers of the heart aren't able to pump enough blood into it. This could be due to physical problems with the heart or problems with the electrical system within it which cannot function normally. The doctor will perform multiple tests to determine whether a patient is the right candidate for a pacemaker for heart failure.
- The procedure - In most cases the device is fitted into the chest and it is done without an open heart surgery. Precautions and post operative care for a minor surgery should be followed. The doctor makes a minor incision on the chest and then inserts the device along with three leads which are connected to the ventricles to ensure they keep pumping properly. Sometimes another device known as the ICD or the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator may be put in to shock the heart back to a normal rhythm in extreme cases where the change of sudden death from high heart rate is a possibility.
- Immediate post operative care - As mentioned above, the surgery involved in putting a pacemaker is a minor one and the patient is usually discharged in next 2-3 days or may be more depending on the comorbidities & complexity of the scenario. However, in most cases, people can go home the next day fairly easily although some monitoring is done for the next few days with daily reporting.