Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. Sivaprakash
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. SivaprakashYour feedback matters!
Hi I take thyroid tablet daily. Eltroxin 100. Today I go for blood donate. But They reject my blood bcz of taking tablet. My doubt is I can't able to donate blood life long? Am soo worried please answer me.
I am taking feburic40 for the last 4 years for controlling Uric acid. I want to switch to an Ayurvedic medicine instead. Can you suggest.
I am 37 year old. I am suffering from acidity even though I am in diet. Morning when I take breakfast after 1 hour start burning in my chest. If I take any tab I feel okay. So regular I don't want alopathic medicine. So please do the needful. I am diabetic medicine taking from 4 years.
My girl is 7 years old type one diabetic since 4.5 years .now her hba1c came up to 9.7 and thyroid test also I did so tsh is7. 7 first time high. M worried wat treatment she required. She is on insulin twice a day, human insulatard and actrapid mix I give. Please help.
My father diabetic last 15 years now he is using insulin 40iu /35/70 morning 40 iu right 25 but his fbs 240 plbs 490 any suggestion please.
I am female 60 years old and suffering Diabetics. Please advice what type of food I can take and medicines.
I am 60 years old lady and suffering from thyroid, blood pressure, diabetic. TSH is 2.34, T-3 is 1.14, T-4 is 12.80, Fasting sugar- 143, PP is 166, liver is fatty grade-1. MY weight is 90 kg, and is not decreasing even on walking, dieting. Some pain on knee and burning felling at feet bottom. KINDLY ADVICE. I am treated by M D doctor having experience of 9 yrs.
I have thyroid but I do no whether it is normal or hypothyroid but my test suggested that I have 10 sum thing like that can you please tell me whether it is normal or what I'm 20 years gal soon I'm getting married one of the lady doctor told me that if you have thyroid it Vll be difficult at the time of conceiving it is true? please suggest me suitable measures asap.
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body. This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age.
For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe. There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care.
Below mentioned are 5 tips to prevent diabetes
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.