Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. S.SivamuruganYour feedback matters!
I have severe pain in my left knee. It pains when my knees are in rest position. I feel better after I start walking. I use to do walk one hour daily. Is it advisable. What to do to avoid pain. Thanks.
I am 52 years lady. My both knee became painful. Although she moves without any support. Doctors advising to go for knee replacement. But I do not want to replace at present. Some one advised me to use Braces. Please advise where such braces my bought and should use or not.
I have got a cramp on my back n m using medicine from last 2 months but don't get relief What should I do?
I have neck pain and my finger pain I don't no some of the days its gone when pain started its so hard to handle tell me the reason for that please.
When I sleep at night, sometimes there is a severe pain in my legs and it troubles me whole night, is it the deficiency of calcium?
I am 49 year old, had tennis elbow, took treatment was free from pain for six month again pain as begun.
I have pain in my back from last week. What should I do? Is there any medicine for this type of pain.
Hello Doctor, I am suffering from severe back pain. After diagnosis, I came to know that it's due to discuss buldge at L5. Suggested with almost many doctors. Most of them recommend me go for a surgery. Can I recover by doing physiotherapy and taking medicines (or) Do I need to go for a surgery. Need your suggestion on this. Awaiting for your reply. T hanks in advance.
I heard a strange fizzing sound in my neck when I was lying on bed? Was it a spine problem or carotid problem?
I am 18 years old girl. I am suffering from left side back pain and pain on shoulders back and some on right side even. Please tell me the with what problem I was suffering.
I am suffering from leg pain in the right side from buttocks thighs and whole leg bottom side is burning I am feeling no emergy advise what I should do I am diabetic patient.
My mother is 65 years had a right hand wrist fracture of radius bone on 26 Dec 15. Her cast was removed on 27 Jan 16. The x ray shows proper reduction of the bone fracture but her hand is swollen and has pain. After removal of cast she has been taking wax heat and doing some basic hand movement exercises. Although the swelling has reduced since 27 Jan, but its not gone fully. What is the reason and remedy?
Knee placement and operation.(both) Wish to know the cost. Candidate is Female age around 68 years - highly diabetic. Pressure normal. Please reply
I am 32 year old. I frequently experience neck pain in the morning. I even avoid pillow. What should indo?
Pain in knee joints. Hard to walk. Using creb bandages. But no effect. Hard to stand for long time. What to do.
Back pain is a common source of pain and can be acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower back pain and coccydynia or tail bone pain. Back pain can be quite troublesome as it disables a person to move about freely due to constant ache.
Here are some procedures for the treatment of back pain.
- Give your back some rest: Most people who get back pain become obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans and x-rays done. Some even take injections and other such measures without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter immediately and the simplest way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of pains in the back resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical actions and let time do the healing.
- Pills: While you let time treat your back pain, sometimes the pain increases and gives you a bad time. In this case, you can take anti-inflammatory medicinal pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, using such pills for a continued period of time causes side effects such as gastrointestinal disorders. Hence, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch.
- Hot and cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about 20 minutes, and you should take more than two sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad instead of ice. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries and reduces the flow of blood to that area. The swelling is eased as a result. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and increases the blood circulation, providing extra oxygen.
- Change your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of having a back pain. According to studies, it has been observed that people sleeping on medium-firm mattresses have healthier backs. In case your mattress in sagging or is over 8 years old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your back pain is very severe, you can resort to acupuncture, which provides efficient pain relief. The procedure changes the way your nerves react and reduces inflammation.
Back pain arises from various reasons and should always be taken care of. Unattended back pain worsens and makes the affected person suffer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.