Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.Sivabalan PTYour feedback matters!
Hi My mother aged 75 years. No sugar no bp. Reasonably healthy. But few days back her back bone compressed while travelling. Dr. Advises 3 week bed rest. And advises wear back support belt. But after 3 days now she is still suffering back pain even after taking prescribed tab like nervigen, ultracet, tolpa d, d360, altraday. My quest is should she use back supporting belt while sleep or in bed. Or is it necessary to use belt till back ache healed. How long it may take my mother to walk with in home? now she can't even sit. Can it be curable in home. Or else should I have to admit to hospital. Please answer immediately.
I have high uric acid. Have knee pain due to it. I already taking medications for the same problem. Still no relief. How do I reduce it? Any changes in the diet?
I am 23 and had a severe fall a year back where my left shoulder got hurt. For past few days I am getting terrible pain at the same place as I wake up. Tried using volini pain relief medicines and cold compressions too. But nothing worked out. The pain remains for a week.
Usually it happens due to repetitive use of tools for prolonged period like scissors screwdrivers which press firmly on the tendon sheath at the base of finger or thumb and also Diabetic and Rheumatoid arthritis are at increased risk
1.Rest & Medications like pain killers non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs or corticosteroid injections
2.Applying splints to reduce pain and to aid recovery
3.Surgery in extreme cases which involves releasing the affected sheath to allow the tendon to move freely again
4 . Exercises to improve flexibility and functionality
I feel suicidal for no reason, I often try to slit my wrist. What do I do to make these thoughts go away?
I am having pain in back of my neck from last 4 days. I have taken combiflam as pain killer but no relief. Now pain is increased to back of head. please suggest some solutions.
My name hamada shop. I am 32 years old. I have a problem of leg pains a lot. I want to know how to reduce the pains of my legs as I am a hardware engineer, I must walk for miles so what to do now Mr. doctor.
I am 60 years old and have pain in my right shoulder and sometimes below my heels. What should i do? Please advise.
I feel so lethargic and I have lower back pain continuously from last 3-4 months, pain is there in shoulder too. My complete body ache if am sitting more than an hour. After getting up from sitting position my knees pain too. If i'm moving i'm ok, or else my all parts r in pain. Never feel fresh n active. Please advise.
Pain in the joint is an eventuality that only few can escape. It is an ailment that comes with age and promises to stay despite continued attempts at eradicating it. Being a problem that many are battling, it has provoked attempts at treating it. Various disciplines of medicines have tried in their own ways in dealing with this problem, but Ayurveda with its strict reliance on natural products and aversion to chemicals has been most preferred.
The various ways by which Ayurveda treats joint pains are:
- Massage: Ayurveda focuses on massages as a remedial measure. Using few herbal oils and using them to massage regularly on the affected joints has been an accepted remedy for joint pains. A massage promotes blood circulation and creates a calming effect.
- Hot and cold compresses: The effectiveness of this form of treatment has remained prevalent through generations. Extremely convenient and easy to use, you can use hot and cold compresses alternatively to ease the pain.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds have a long standing reputation of relieving you of pain. Boasting of antioxidant properties and the ability to reduce swelling, they must be finely grounded and swallowed with lukewarm water to enjoy best results.
- Turmeric: In the hierarchy of Ayurvedic medications, turmeric probably ranks the highest. It is packed with multiple benefits. Not only does it take care of the skin, it also helps in reducing joint pains. The most common way of having it is by mixing turmeric in a glass of warm milk and honey.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar reduces joint pains by effectively eliminating the accumulated toxins. It is rich in magnesium and phosphorus and owing to its alkalizing effect, it has the ability to cure rheumatism.