Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S.ShamYour feedback matters!
My mother in law is of 48 years old. She has pain in her knee too much. She is suffering from this pain for 5 years. But doesn't have any relief. How can she reduce this pain? Please suggest.
Iam 28 years female wth right knee partial acl tear. Now I met with an accident and got fractured of lateral condyle comminuted fx and underwent Orif surgery. Will I be able to walk again without any support. I mean after 8 months at least. Please be frank and reply.
I am a 48 years female 5.4 is my height nd 68 kg wt. What should my weight be please guide how 2 loose my weight I am suffering frm knee nd lower back pain nd have pain in my ankle so can not go for long walks please help.
I am 32 years old and feels pinching pain in knees while climbing stairs. Sometime this pain increases and subsidise while resting.
The shoulders are the most mobile joints in your body. Shoulder joints undergo wear and a tear over time and hence become unstable. Shoulder arthritis is one of the painful conditions affecting the shoulder joints. Arthritis not only takes a toll on the tendons and muscles, but also affects the ligaments and joints too. They usually cause symptoms such as joint pain, resulting in limited mobility.
Nonsurgical or Lifestyle treatments:
- Take rest or avoid the activities that provoke pain or change the way of your arm movements.
- Physical therapy boosts shoulder mobility.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen or aspirin alleviate pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injections in the shoulders can also help to ease the pain and inflammation, although temporarily.
- Applying moist heat or ice packs over the shoulders for about half an hour at least thrice a day brings relief.
- Drugs such as methotrexate can be administered in case one is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic disease attacking multiple joints of the body).
- Dietary supplements such as chondroitin and glucosamine may help reduce pain.
Surgical treatments (if your pain results in disability and does not lessen with nonsurgical options)
- Join replacement surgery or arthroplasty involves replacing the damaged parts of the shoulder with a prosthetic (artificial) joint.
- Few mild forms of arthritis may be treated using the Arthroscopic procedure (minimally invasive surgery). It requires a surgeon to ease the joint pain by making small incisions to “clean out” the joint. A tiny camera fitted into the joint guides the surgeon through the surgery.
- Resection arthroplasty is a method that involves the surgical removal of the bone from the collar bone and substituting it with a scar tissue to treat arthritis of particular joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.