Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My blood test results are under under. Kindly suggest to me for better treatment. I am also gout patient for long time and take medicine febulas 40 & sobisis forte. These medicines discontinue for last one month. Blood test: - vldl 34.94, glucose pap 141.05, ast (got) 43, alt 41, uric acid 9.46, triglycerides 174.72, urea 18.46, creatinine 1.13, total bilirubin 0.6, direct bilirub. 0.20, cholesterol 170.64, direct hdl 37.98 & direct ldl chol 120.48. Kindly suggest medicines & treatments.
I used to run daily but in my knee I have problem if put some pressure on my knee it got pain otherwise normal. Pain is slightly minute but not getting over.
I am 33 years old and I injure my about 10 years ago in a football match. Right now I am having acute pain in my knee, even after a lot of medication. Any little exercise or stress leads to more pain. What should I do?
I am suffering from cough and Asthma, and also have knees problem and I am having so much of weakness and I am not able to sit. Please consult me what should I do to become healthy and so that cough is removed.
I am taken MRI Scan for Knee pain - in scan report showing as: contusion with possible partial thickness team, can you confirm treatment for the same.
I am 32 years old 2 months back I had a fall due to which I sprained my right knee badly. Till now I can't fold my knee fully. But when I went to the doctor with my xray he said it is the starting of arthritis. Please suggest me any homeopathy medicine for permanent cure.
I want homeopathy medicine for insomnia; 75; no tv/no reading/no worries/no depression/no thoughts after 10pm; I just dont get sleep even though I lie on bed; for sleeping soundly for 6-8 hrs, please suggest strong homeopathy medicine;
I have red eyes and my hand is broken, my leg is paining and my ankle is fractured and my knee ligaments are broken and my mouth is smelling. what should I do.
Sir I am chronic patient of insomnia, since 1998, and I am taking anti depression medicine since 2003, according to my psychiatrist its somatization disorder now I am taking sertraline 100 mg BD, mirtazapine 30 mg HS, Forsipride LSR 1HS, Lorazepam 2 mg 1Hs, sir I am not able to sleep without medicine. A ayur Doctor gave me advice to take ashwagandha tab, Tagara Tab (ayurvedic medicine, sir I wish to know may I take both medicine along with above allopathy medicine?
What are the Different Kinds of Arthritis and How to Treat Them?
Arthritis is a very common medical condition that affects a lot of adults as they age. It occurs due to inflammation of the joints, which can be caused by a number of factors such as aging, injury or infection. There are over a hundred different kinds of arthritis that cause various sorts of problems to those affected. However, this condition can be broadly classified into two major types, which include the following:
- Osteoarthritis- Also known as degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis is the most common kind of chronic condition to affect the joints. This occurs when the cartilage that surrounds the joint wears away and allows the ends of bones to rub against each other causing immense pain and is often accompanied by inflammation and swelling. The primary cause of osteoarthritis is aging, obesity and occurs mainly due to pressure on the joints.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis- This is the most common type of arthritis that occurs due to joint inflammation. It is an autoimmune condition, which means that it is caused by a dysfunction of the immune system that leads to inflammation of the joints. Chronic inflammation causes joint deformities and even the development of rheumatoid nodules on the skin around the joint. Two-thirds of patients affected by rheumatoid arthritis are women.
Depending on the nature of the condition and the age and medical history of the patient, diagnosis and treatment of arthritis varies. Although there is no permanent cure for arthritis, especially the type caused by aging, a number of remedies exist that provide relief from pain.
Some of the common methods of treatment for arthritis are:
- Medication- Some medicines provide relief from the pain of arthritis if it is not too severe. These include painkillers, anti-inflammatory pills, sprays, and ointments, etc. In case of high-intensity pain, codeine is often prescribed.
- Stem Cell Therapy or PRP Therapy- This method involves drawing platelets from the patient's own blood and injecting it into the inflamed parts of the joint in order to repair damaged muscles and alleviate pain. This treatment stimulates natural healing process of body and is free from side effects.
- Injections- A number of anti-inflammatory substances and lubricants can be injected into the affected joints to decrease pain. Ozone gas injections or hyaluronic acid injections are an example of this.
- Intramuscular Stimulation- Targeted treatment of tender points in muscle help to relieve muscle spasm associated with arthritis and also improves joint mobility and decreases pain.
- Surgery- In extreme cases, surgical procedures are resorted to for treating arthritis. However, successful surgery cannot always be guaranteed and it comes with its own set of risks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.