Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Sekar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S SekarYour feedback matters!
Clarifies all our worries and his treatment is best
My four years old daughter has nose and chest congestion (with thick phlegm and wheezing sound) every now and then for last few months which is not letting her sleep properly in the night. I have been nebulising her from time to time. I've also been treating her with antibiotics but unable to get her rid of the infection permanently. Too worried about her as it is adversely affecting her overall growth. Kindly suggest effective remedy. Shall be grateful. Regards.
I have a baby boy with 1 year 8 months old and his weight is only 8.4 kg (Birth weight 2.6). Before one month I recognized some irregularity in his walking and went for X ray and Blood test by a recommendation of a doctor. And diagnosed that his Vitamin D and Calcium values are very low (Vitamin D 19.9 and Calcium 6.8) and also he is affected with a mild form of rickets. At the same day started the medicine as one injection in two legs and vitamin d and calcium supplements are continuing. I am affected with chicken pox before 15 days of my delivery. Are these are connected? Anything to worry? Is it reversible? Also I have one more doubt to ask you, my baby is not taking any food by grating I am giving everything as semisolid form by using Spoon type feeding bottle. Is anything to worry regarding this? Is Semisolid food is okay for him? He is not interested in any food including chocolates. Please give me the proper solution.
My query on Child vaccination. My child 6 week vaccination given painless DTAP, As I have came to know DTAP have low immunity builder so now on 10 week scheduled can I switch to DTwP.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.
My one year baby has suddenly not drinking milk why? and what I do for make her good health pls tell me.
My daughter is suffering with amleopia ie, lazy eyes, and is on treatment of putting patches on either eyes. But it was suggested that it should be worn for 6hrs but we r able to make her wear on for 4 hrs, because of different reasons. Plz let us know would it get rectified like this ever or she has to wear it for 6hrs. My daughter is 6 years old.
Hello doc My grand daughter is 2 years now. She is very active. Goes to play school. Says just few words Like mamma papa hi bye bow bow etc But she doesn't talk much. Slowly trying to eat on her own. Does colouring, scribbling, climbing stairs, everything seems to be normal. But she doesn't talk .in sentences. Please advise.
My baby girl is 7 mnths old. She is having rashes kind of on her chin and around the mouth. Its been spreading to her face and back too. May I know what is the problem and treatment for it? kindly help on it please.
Immunity building or having good immunity is the prime need of parents for children of today's generation. Due to hectic lifestyles, inadequate nutrition, exposure to pollution and physical and mental stress children easily fall prey to recurrent infections. It takes a toll on both their physical, mental health and development leading to absence from school for longer durations.
Common health issues faced by children:
Lack of concentration and memory.
Infections like chronic cough and cold, influenza, digestive problems taking place in a recurrent manner.
Physical and mental stress
Headaches and lack of sleep
Recurrent use of higher doses of medicines makes their immunity further weak and they get caught in the vicious circle of illness and medicine.
Is there any answer to the above problems? Definitely yes - It is Suvarnaprashan!
What is Suvarnprashan?
Suvarnprashan refers to a unique Ayurvedic remedy, which has been clinically tested and proven to give a boost in immunity and intellect among children. This is usually given to children who are aged between 0-16 years in the form of drops.
There are numerous benefits of Suvarnprashan, which help children to lead a healthy and productive life.
It helps to increase immunity
It assists in the promotion of good physical and mental health.
Improves digestion and physical strength.
Intake of Suvarnprashan helps to improve attention span among children, their memory along with the ability to learn.
Irritability, temper tantrums, attention deficits, and psychosomatic problems
Prevents recurrent infections
Helpful in children who have delayed milestones of growth
Helps to stimulate a child’s overall development If given regularly, Suvarnaprashan prevents the occurrence of recurrent diseases in children by boosting their physical & mental immunity which is the need of the hour as we all would agree to the fact that ‘Prevention is better than cure’.