Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. SaravananYour feedback matters!
My knees, arms joint, back joint, neck, hands and other joints are paining and at the time of morning. What should I do?
Hi. Am suffering with shoulder pain when am driving a lot of time. Only right shloudr pain only. Left us normal. How its be decrease please suggest.
I had viral fever 2 months ago. I had suffered with it for one month. Now my fever is OK but I had lot of joint pain. When I take any medicine regarding this I feel good but when ever I left it I suffered again. Please give me solution.
I ride bike, when I go on long drive I get pain in my back and I am not able to sit straight. Please help?
Hi I am sathish of 17 years old, I have severe legs paining problem from nearly 2 years back and also some backbone pains. So tell some suggestions.
When I do running then after few days pain start in front part of leg (below knee). I tried to continue but couldn't. I took a break n again started running but after few days pain rose again. What should I do please help.
My right knee suddenly started to pain when sitting down it comes and goes what to do I am victor 45years male no other illness and not on any medication pls suggest.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Rest for 2 to 3 days is sufficient and consult to doctor.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for longer time period as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Exercising regularly: Simple and easy stretches for back not only eases the stress, but also prevents the body against spine arthritis. However, one should seek proper guidance before you attempt any exercise as not all exercises are suitable for all types of medical conditions.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.