Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. S.Saravana KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe mid & upper backache when I woke up in the morning. The pain become so intense that make me difficult to walk and sleep again if woke up in between. But it becomes mild like normal muscle cramp during the course of day. Kindly help.
My mother had faced spondylitis, many days ago the problem has been solved. Recently during last few days she is experiencing a back pain while along with shoulder and headache and head pain in back side. What to do in such condition? She is facing the pain seriously. Which kind of treatment is suitable and which specialized doctor should I consult, she is 50+.
I am 32 years male. I have neck strain from last night due to use of big pillow in sleeping. I cant move my neck. Kindly suggest me best medicines.
Pls pls help too much leg pain backs pain wo sab nhi Saha jata hau islye main zolefresh cyclopam Khati hu yar.
What is the cause of spondylitis epiphyseal DYSPLASIA? Is It curable? What precaution should a patient with SED take?
Hii my age is 52 years. I have back pain problem since last 7 years. I have done check up with many specialist. Please help.
I am 26 male having back pain during sleeping I have consult with few doctor but not relief yet can you suggest?
My illness started last 6 month, 1st I have numbness (ghanghanahat) in my left hand and after sometime in right hand and my head spin in evening after text doctor said to me this is carpal tunnel problem in left hand. And after MRI doctor said you have cervical problem also mild disc bulge c4 c5 after talking allopathic medicine no relief found than I started ayurveda and thoda relief mila. One day I stated pain in my right lower abdomen after ultrasound pata chala I have stone in kidney 5mm and gallbladder 14mm no pain in gallbladder stone till now, but pain in kidney stone. After talking bebbris vulgaris mother tincher homoeopathic medicine. Now I have no pain in kidney after ultrasound on 7th May 2016 Doctor said No stone in kidney now. Only have stone in gallbladder 14mm. I have also numbness in both hands. Left me jyada hai. Now I stooped all medicine last 1 month Allopathic and ayurveda both. Then I have discuss with one doctor & she suggested me continue berberis vulgaris Q. Take Hypericum 1x, 2 tabs twice daily with warm water. Gelsemium 30 Ch, 3 drops twice daily. But no relief found I have pain and numbness in my left thumb and palm please suggested me some medicine because left hand numbness and pain is very bad. Thanks Doctor.
ACL tear of right leg knee due to sports injury. Need acl reconstruction. Pls. Let me know the cost. Thanks Mortoza.
I am 14 years old and a sports player with hectic schedule. I do taekwondo & made it my hobby. Due to this I have severe pain I'm my legs thigh & calf's! Can you advice me what to do?
Sir, my brother had bell's palsy disease of face paralysis so after treatment disease was cured but now he has respiratory problem like strong cough and in morning and this cough was start with facial problem, facial problem was now cured but we do not know what is the reason for this. IS there any disease he has?
We have 207 bones in the body and breaking of any one of them can be extremely painful. Broken bones are called fractures and are most often a result of accidents. The risk of breaking a bone depends largely on your age and fractures are most commonly suffered by children and elderly people. There are many types of fractures. The most important amongst these are:
- Complete or incomplete fractures: This refers to the way a bone breaks. A complete fracture involves the breaking of a bone into two or more separate pieces while in an incomplete fracture, the bone does not break all the way through and may only be cracked.
- Compound fractures: Compound fractures are also known as open fractures. This refers to fractures where the bone tears through the skin.
- Simple fractures: Fractures where the bone does not tear through the skin are known as simple fractures. This can be further categorized as greenstick fractures, transverse fractures, oblique fractures and impacted fractures.
Severe pain is one of the most common symptoms of a fracture. Other symptoms include swelling or bruising over the bone area, loss of function and deformity. Any form of a fracture needs medical attention. In most cases, using a splint to reset and support the broken bones can help heal them. This process can be surgical or non-surgical depending on the extent of the fracture. In some cases a pin or metal plate may need to be implanted along with the bone to give them support while they heal.
Fractures can be easily prevented. In your home look out for things you could trip over or bang into. Keep all stairways clear of obstructions and do not use them when wet. Advise your children not to run in the house as tiles are slippery and they could fall and hurt themselves this way.
Follow general safety precautions like wearing a seatbelt while driving or wearing a helmet while riding a bike or bicycle. This can significantly reduce your chances of breaking a bone if caught in an automobile accident.
The weaker your bones, the easier they are to break. Eat food rich in calcium and vitamin D to build stronger bones. Milk and other dairy products are rich in calcium while the best way to get vitamin D is by exposing yourself to the early morning sunlight.
If you suffer from osteoporosis, exercise regularly to improve your balance and increase the strength of your bones and muscles. Your doctor may also prescribe medication for the same.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 52 year male had operated for spine l3, l4 & l5 in year 2004 for steonsis. Have been stabilized with 2 plates 6 screws and cages between vertebrates (all are made of titanium) as now I have problem in c5, c6 & c7 is it advisable for operating. I am not int. In operation as it is in sensitive area. Kindly advise.
I am 32 years old man and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of day but haven not got any relief. What should I do now?
I am having knee joint pain for lsat 5 years. The intensity has increased Doctor advised me to do exercises and no medication. It is improving Will it be cured by physical exercises or medication. Doctor also advised me not to go for knee replacement at this stage.
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people, low back ache can be troublesome. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief, they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger and has no side effects.
Intrigued! Take a look at these Ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain:
- Cut out on spices: We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches.
- Warm your body: According to Ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
- Padahastasana: Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana, stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Anuloma Viloma: Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
- Bishop's weed seed tea: Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of Ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!