Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.Sangeetha
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S.SangeethaYour feedback matters!
My weight is 52. And I am 21 years. But am looking so thin. In summer time my eyes got red and. Itching so much.
My right side eye is getting red and its little paining actually. Is it a serious problem or not and what are the reasons of it.
When I watch something in bright light and then come back to dim light I use to see some dark spots before me. Is there any problem related to my eyes?
Dear Dr. I am 63 years old. I am having twitching in my left eye for the last many years. I was prescribed neurobion and I was used to get relief. But now taking neurobion regularly gives me no relief. I also had light flashes in the left eye and for that I am taking eye drops system Ultra and Megabrom and for eye flashes I have some relief. But heaviness and twitching in the left eye is not going.
I am a 14 years old boy. There is a small plump under my breast. My breast looks unnatural than other. Its not so big as girl. But its big than other boys. So what can I do now? Help me.
I'm a student and whenever I read book or watch for long time television then water use to come out of my eye.
Hi I'm 24 years old, I get frequent headaches mostly on the right side. Whenever I go outside and face sunlight for ten minutes, I get headaches. I have already consulted an eye specialist and he said there is no eye problem. Is it normal headache or some sort of major symptom of anything? Kindly reply me with some solution. Thank you.
I went to an ophthalmologist for eye redness. He prescribed MOXI EYE DROPS KT. I got MAHAFLOX-KT eye drops from the chemist shop. Now when I take these drops, it causes burning/itching sensation for a minute. Is this drop ok or shall I change it?
I checked my eyes last week. And my number is 0.5 & .75 for left and right eyes. I am working as a site engineer. Please suggest me good eye drop. So that my eyes feel relax. Because dust enter my eyes at site.
Sir, My daughter cornea thickness is 409 and 412. Is it fit for lasik surgery. Doctor is saying that this is not fit for lasik. Please advise.
I am not able to sleep properly suppose if my eyes open at 3 am than I am not able to sleep again and suffering from ed.
I am 29 year old and got dark troughs under eyes due to stress and watching videos on mobile phone. Please help me to get rid of this.
I am wearing gLass of power -5 but I have read in many books that in morning if I rub my MOuth saliva in my eyes it will cure IS IT TRUE.
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.