Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.S.LakshmananYour feedback matters!
I feel very uneasy, for last 4 days that after lunch or dinner the pain arises from chest to belly and feeling week, what shall I do.
Hi Sir In my childhood days, I eat lot of sugar & sweets. At age of 10, a big worm came out from the anal. After that I hv started reducing intake of sweets. Now a days I hv completely stopped taking sugar. But sometimes if I take sweet even once in a month. I feel small worm biting. Kindly help.
Dear sir as earlier I have asked about the problem of night fall with which I am suffering from. I am facing the same problem sometime 3-4 time in a week. Is it serious a problem? Suggest me some treatment.
I am 27 year old sir I am doing masturbation from 15 years and it's become regular and my body gone so weak and it's can't possible to leave and what r the ways come out of it and my sexual strength was so weak and I loose my memory power so please give suggestions please sir.
I have constipation problem from childhood and now it have become my problem I am suffering from nausea and many other problems. In my pathology report a thing named SGPT is 99 please help me what should I do.
I am having gas problem from two days. what treatment should I take. I am feeling in my tummy some tight thing is catching.
I have the problem of over sweating at then when I was eating a food going outside from the home even when I sleep on bed also and when I come out from bathing please tell me why I get this problem is it harmful?
I am 25 years old and I feel in my eyes like I am sleepy or I didn't slept for very long time when I am in air conditioner room specially please help in this regard.
After masturbation I feel that something is there at my urine place urine opening. Which makes me to go to urine several times.
I have been suffering from headache for last 3 days. So kindly help me out. I am afraid that I may not be suffering from any dangerous disease.
Our child was underweight and had breathing problem during birth. He remained in incubator for 4 days. What can we do to keep him healthy? After how many months can we feed food to our child?
Sir, I am 23 years old boy and my problem is that my testicals are so much loosed and are hanging so much down. Please tell me whether is this some kind of disease or something, and if yes then what is the treatment for the same?
I am 24 years of age and I am having big problem of acidity (pitta. My father is also having same problem. I used to take tablet every morning (omme-d or asilog). Because of this there are many restrictions on my food also not to take oily foods, tur daal, etc.how should I recover from this problem. So that I could eat everything I want. Please help.
What is symptoms of sugar? What is the reason it occurs? And at what age it occurs? How to control it?
So here are the best foods to reduce cholesterol
Have a salmon fish dinner. Snack on a handful of nuts. Pour a dash of olive oil in your salad.
And bite into that sinister chocolate. Now you can do all this guilt-free! All these foods help in fighting bad cholesterol., 'You can reduce cholesterol in your blood by eating healthy foods'. So, here we are today with our list of cholesterol fighting foods.
1) Oats: If you change your morning meal to oats then you can do your cholesterol level a whole lot of good. Do note that two servings of oats can lower LDL cholesterol by 5.3% in only 6 weeks. Essentially, oats contain a substance called beta-glucan which absorbs bad cholesterol.
2) Red Wine: Here's yet another reason to toast to your health. The red grapes used in the manufacturing of red wine have an important effect on cholesterol levels. Two glasses of red wine in a week can do you a whole lot of good.
3) Salmon and fatty Fish: Full of Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a natural health wonder, which helps in keeping heart conditions such as heart attacks, stroke and high cholesterol levels at bay. Fishes such as salmon, sardines and herring help in raising good cholesterol levels by 4%.
4) Nuts: Mono-unsaturated fats (found in nuts, seeds etc.) have the lowest fatty acid molecules and are the best of the three fats, namely poly-saturated fats, saturated fats and mono-unsaturated fats. Nuts are the best way to get those required healthy fats into your body without feeling guilty. Since the fats that come from nuts are natural and are not chemically processed, this makes them heart healthy, filling, and nutritious options.
5) Beans: Excellent for the heart, ½ a cup of beans added in our diet (in the form of any dish or soup), helps in lowering cholesterol levels by 8%. You should try black, kidney, or pinto beans; each one of them supplies about one-third of your day's fiber needs.
6) Tea: Tea has antioxidants and less amounts of caffeine than coffee. An eight-ounce cup of coffee contains around 135 mg caffeine; tea contains only 30 to 40 mg per cup. Tea helps in protecting your bones because of the presence of phytochemicals in them. It is also a great defense against LDL cholesterol levels.
7) Chocolate: Chocoholics can celebrate with a healthy dose of dark chocolate as it is full of antioxidants and cholesterol-reducing properties. According to a Spanish study published in 2010 in the "Journal of Hepatology,", "the antioxidants in dark chocolate reduce the damage that can occur to blood vessels, which can further threaten the health of people with cirrhosis. The dark chocolate can help prevent the blood vessels in the liver from rupturing". Medical experts suggest that munching on 100 grams of chocolate every day helps in reducing the occurrence of cardiovascular mishaps by 21 percent.
8) Spinach: Popeye the sailor was quite right when crediting his muscle power to this green leafy vegetable. It is believed that spinach contains around 13 flavonoid compounds which keep us away from cancer, heart diseases and osteoporosis. 1/2 a cup of this lutein-rich food, daily, guards us against heart attacks.
9) Olive oil: This oil has many health benefits. It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides, without lowering good cholesterol levels. Different stages of pressing and processing yield different varieties of olive oil. Extra virgin , Virgin , Pure , Pomace