Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. RohiniYour feedback matters!
I'm18years old boy. I'm feeling pain in teeth too much. If I take too much medicine, would it be harmful for me? I can't bear it now. Its too pain fool. I can't sleep at night.
My molar teeth has a hole in the middle due to decay since my childhood and it was filled almost 12 years ago. Now again the filling has gone and I started getting pain. I am planning to fill it again at my hometown as the cost is low. What to do to decrease pain till that time?
I have feel bad breath from my nose but I consult doctor nose CT scan done found my nose centre bone bend to right side. Please suggest me how to remove bad breath.
For my sister daughter aged 5, the mouth is getting reddish, when she take food little spicy also. Is there any problem with stomach?
Did you know that transforming your smile can have an outstanding impact on your life and career?
if the eyes are the window to your soul then the smile is the window to your personality.
Ever wondered why some celebrities seem to have that eternal smile and appeal like all they need to be wearing is their smile. A beautiful smile while being visually attractive, ageless and timeless is what sets you apart. Here's exploring how a winning smile can change it all for you as an aspiring actor and if it is that x factor you were always looking for!
Is your smile the only thing standing between you and a great career?
While beauty lies in the eye of the beholder this is undeniable that as the world becomes a global village, the media portrays profound respect for beauty as a fundamental measure of perfection.
People are unwilling to accept anything less than the best. The positivity and dynamism within must reflect without.
A career in the limelight, as an actor, a celebrity, an anchor or a performer is a dream come true for most! as glamorous as it seems it can often be very demanding on all fronts. While rigorous competition and long hours are just some of the challenges your key focus even before your skill is your visual appeal or attractiveness.
Smile its role in physical attractiveness
a smile can be attractive, a prime asset to a person's appearance and it can be a powerful factor in the ego and desirable life experiences of a human being. It cannot be treated with indifference because of its deep emotional significance.
Science of smile design
Smile design as a concept evolved almost a century ago, to address the aesthetic needs of the smile and the face as a whole.
Many artistic and scientific principles when considered collectively can create a beautiful smile. These principles are established through data collected from patients, diagnostic models, dental research, scientific measurements and basic artistic concepts of beauty.
A smile makeover is a complex procedure involving a variety of dental procedures that form what is called the speciality of cosmetic or aesthetic dentistry. If you are insecure about your smile or are unsure if you need a smile makeover, just consult your dentist.
The articles to follow will elaborate how and when each one is required to make your smile a shining star just like you!
This is the first of a series of many articles on cosmetic dentistry and smile makeovers and how they impact the film and television industries.
Do leave your comments below, we would love to hear what you thought about the article.
I am suffering a very sharp pain in my teeth. While drinking ya eating any cold items. I have taken medicines for sensitivity but did not get cured. This pain is increasing day by day. But in winter it is unstoppable. What could be the best solution for this. Kindly please suggest me.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.