Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.Rekha
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.RekhaYour feedback matters!
I am unable to feed my child due to less formation of milk. Can you guide me how milk. Production can increase.
Must show your ward to pediatric ophthalmologist before the age of 3 .
Can I use pure coconut oil for daily use cooking to my one year old daughters food? Is it healthy for her?
My girl baby is 5 months old. As of now my baby is having only mother's milk. All my neighbours and relatives insisting to take solid food like biscuits, cerelac,etc for baby. Kindly suggest from when to start feeding solid foods for baby and what are the food that can be feed?
Hi my baby is 10 months old and he is suffering from dehydration 15 times in 24 hours and just like a water from last 3 three days and from birth is not taking breast milk and doctor advised for ORS but no positive result comes out, now please tell me what to do.
Hii doctor. I'm 24 years old. I have 3mths baby. During birth his weight is 2.50 kg.now he is 4.45 kgs.every month he increased. My question is "is lactogen is safe for babies" Because from birth till now i'm giving lactogen. I also feed side by side but my milk is not sufficient. 5 times per day i'm giving lactogen for baby. I also took mothers horlicks, lactonic for myself but not good result. What can I do now.
My baby is 7 months old and she is not sleeping properly at night due to runny nose. No fever. No cough. Please suggest some syrup.
I am 29 years old and have 17 months old baby boy. I nurse him regularly. I am loosing appetite. I have done usg of upper abdomen n liver function test. Both reports are normal. Dr.prescribed me sorbiline bt it doesn't helped. What appetizer tonic can I take? please suggest me as I am very lean n underweight.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.