Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.RekhaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors, My baby is not passing motion for past three days. He is four months old. He is taking both bf and ff. Is it normal or should I need to consult doctor.
Hi. My son is now 2 year old in april. I have 2 son. Mera big son jab 1 year ka tha to main pregnant thi. During pregnancy v maine use apna feed karaya. Uske baad use heavy constipation ho gya h.potty karne m use bahut pareshani hoti h.avi 15 days usne. Normal potty kiya tha. Kuch dino se wo bahut chirchira sa ho gaya h.or baar bar wo apna tummy or naavi chukar batata h shayad use waha oain ho rha ho to isliye use Dr. K pass le gyi to Dr. Ne anti worm or kuch medicines suggest kiya. To maine usi raat use diya. Use aaj tak anti worm nhi diya tha use 20 march ko anti worm ka medicine diya. Phir se use potty nhi hone laga. Aaj uska kafi tight v lag rha h.kya use koi bimari ho gyi h.or kya during pregnancy jo doodh pilaya wo kharab tha. Kyu nhi pilana chahiye during pregancy .iske kya side effects h.mujhe kya karna chahiye kon sa test karwana chahiye? Uske body me blood v kam h. 10. 00gm/dl h.pls !answer soon .kaisa mera baby healthy hoga.
My has suffering from schizophrenia psychology problem. As per said Doctor said we have stopped the medicines during her 2nd pregnancy-delivery. 20 days back she got delivered a baby. And again she went into depression. So we are using the medicines DON 1 mg and ARIFINE 5 mg each 1 at night as doctor said at the time of stopping the medicines (Dr. Said that if problem comes can use same medicines so are using.) Problem: 1.By using these medicines (DON 1 mg n ARIFINE 5 mg each at night) can do feed the baby with the mothers milk. 2.is there any effects on baby for these medicines? 3. Baby can't stop crying until take mothers milk so please tell me the prior precautions. Thanking you.
The tiny tots must use a toothbrush with a small rounded brush head and soft bristles. It helps in cleaning their milk teeth thoroughly.
My child is crying continuously and she had dry and painful stools and very little urination. What to do.
My baby girl is 6 Months old. She was born in twins (baby boy) She is very weak. Her leg and hands are very soft she moves her leg and hands but not like her brother. Her brother can put his feet properly. Use ek hath se pakad lo to wo stand krta h bt wo leg bhi ni zin per, i'm very much worried about her. Kya wo chal payegi ya khade ho payegi apne leg par. Please advise me what should I do for her?
Hi my baby is 3 month and 20 days old. Birthwt was 2.6 kg now he is 5.4 kg. Suddenly he has developed a habit of thumb sucking and from pst week he does not want to feed and sucks on thumb. When I position him to nurse he starts crying and wants to put his thumb in his mouth. earlier he used to feed easily. He is totally on breastfeed so I am really worried about him. What shall I do? He drinks milk while asleep or while standing. please please help.
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.
Croup or ‘Kali Khansi’, as it is called in local parlance, is recognized by a loud cough that often sounds like the barking of a seal. It can cause rapid or difficult breathing, and sometimes wheezing. Croup is thought to be caused by a virus, but reflux acidity has been suggested as a possible trigger.
In gastroesophageal reflux disease, stomach acid causes swelling and inflammation of the larynx, which narrows the airway. It can trigger more swelling with any kind of viral or respiratory infection.
Identifying children with gastroesophageal reflux disease could help treat and improve recurring croup. It is unusual for a child to have three or more bouts of croup over a short period of time. These children need to be evaluated.
The same is true for adults also. Patients with non responding asthma should be investigated for underlying acidity as the cause of acute asthma.
YOu can ask me privately in any doubts