Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. S.ranjith PratapYour feedback matters!
Respected doctor, my blood sugar 154 fasting and 203 post lunch, hba1c 7.1 three months back, then I control diet, without taking direct sugar, and regularly walked, now my sugar is 114 fasting, 137 post lunch, and hba1c 6.5, I am not taking diabetics drug, I m taking nebigard 2.5, thyroxin 50, ecospin 75. Please advise me for further action. My pressure, cholesterol and thyroid are in normal range.
Dear Doctor, I am 54, last 6 months my weight is loss from 88 kg to 85 kg and yesterday I take clinical test (fasting) for sugar and lipid profile. The result shows my Glucose level is 213, TC 246, TG 188, HDL 41 and LDL 167, Is necessary I go for Medicine or diet.
I am 58 years old and suffering from diabetic. Presently I am taking tab pioglit gf one in the morning and one in the evening empty stomach but sugar level has increased to 190 fasting so Dr. Advised me to take tab galvus 50 mg in addition to pioglit gf. With this medicine constipation developed and some pimple started coming on my face. Please advise me what to do for controlling sugar level. Awaiting for your reply. Regards.
What are the various tests that a t2 diabetic should do on a regular basis and what is the timeframe to be followed? this is for my mother who is on bedtime tresiba (8 units ave.) and also takes galvusmet 500/50 mg twice daily and amaryl 2mg twice daily.
I am 51 years old. I have diabetes from last three years. I take medicine but it is @ 175 to 200 continue what can I do?
I am a diabetic patient and it is there for the past 20 years. I was taking allopathy medicines and for the past 3 years on insulin since I was travelling 110 kms daily on job matters. Now I am a retired man. Kindly inform per return any medicines available for diabetic.
Today I checked my blood sugar on fasting and the result lt is 161mg/dl. Please advise should i take drugs ?
Obesity is a disorder which is characterized by accumulation of fat in the body resulting in various health problems. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that occurs when the sugar in the blood does not get efficiently utilized by the body. This is due to the inability of the body to produce enough insulin to metabolize the sugar.
Diabetes is classified into two types, Type 1 diabetes wherein the body is unable to produce enough insulin and Type 2 wherein the body develops a resistance to insulin. Diabetes is known to cause diseases such as blindness and kidney problems. The risks of suffering from a stroke and other cardiovascular problems go up significantly if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Weight plays a big role in the development of Type 2 diabetes and so weight loss is recommended. Other factors such as stress, age, pregnancy and medications also contribute to this disorder. Usually, a majority of the people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are found to be overweight. Being obese makes it difficult for the body to utilize insulin effectively in order to metabolize blood sugar.
As obesity is closely linked with diabetes, it becomes essential to focus on weight loss as a preventive measure against diabetes.
- Try to exercise on a regular basis. Add cardiovascular exercises to your regimen such as running and swimming as they are very effective in burning fat from your body thus reducing the weight/fat.
- Lifting weights also promotes fat loss by boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate or Basal Metabolic Rate (the body’s rate of burning off calories while you are at rest).
- Follow a well- balanced diet that focuses on low carbohydrate and high protein based meals.
Apart from these lifestyle changes, focus can be brought on the following techniques also as effective means to shed off the excess fat:
- Ultrasonic liposuction: This technique involves using high energy sound waves to eliminate fat from your body. It is a non-invasive procedure that inflicts no trauma on the adjoining tissues in the body and thus providing better weight / inch loss..
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting medications into fat tissues. These medications target the adipose cells in the body and destroy them. This is a permanent procedure that is very effective in removing stubborn fat from the body and helping further in weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.