Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.Ramaswamy PillaiYour feedback matters!
I am just going to be 18, but I am very slim. My mom tells me that I was born in the 8th month, and I am a little short of height than my average friends. Is there any way to cure both my issues and increase my body mass index?
Im completely loss my beautiful face using a creams and I want to remove all pimples I have many pimples.
Is nicotinamide gel 4.00% W/W helps for removing marks of acne? I m using clindamycin plus nicotinamide IP gel. Is it helpful in removing marks also becoz clindamycin is helpful for removing acne can nicotinamide IP gel helps in removing marks for pimple its very light marks on my face litil bit I want very light gel not like redness kind gel.
After milk feeding baby's mouth turns black. It will stay back or any solution to remove that. Somebody told that once it's black it will be non removable, it will create panic to us.
Doctor I'm farjana 25 years old. My weight 70 kgs, height 5'2.I want to lose weight up to 20 kgs. Plzzz tell me or suggest me any natural diet. Without any side effect. I want to lose weight slowly and in healthy way. Plzz give me your valuable suggestions.
Hi, I have kidney stone in one kidney of 4 mm. Can you please help me to know what should I eat and stop so that stone size gets decreased or don't increase.
I am 18 year old and I was suffering from PCOS but I have taken proper medical advice but its not cured may be a continuous white vaginal discharge is there. Is it normal?
Hi! I am 17 years old and my weight is 40 and height is 5'4". I want to gain 2 - 3 kilos. please suggest a veg diet chart keeping school and coaching in mind. thanks.
I have a desk job from 2 year my body weight is not increasing so tell me please what should I do for increase weight of my body?
Tell me about brain stroke. Is this related to sugar means diabetic. My mother is suffering from this and admitted in hospital in Feb to March 2016.
Hi M Sam 25 years old Can I Increase my Height 2 or 3 inches More. M 5.5 inches now Please Help and Give Me A Good Digestion.
I have manturecycle problem. Please tell me the solution My period come after 2~3 months irregular I m very upset.
Hi ,its been 4 months I go married. But we are not planning for bay at least for 2 years. I didn't get my regular periods for this month. So please suggest which medicines should I take to get my periods regularly.
I am 15 years old. I am getting stomach ache frequently. when I eat any food. it seems to pain more. I tried eno but it doesn't work. I have stomach ache in night also. I can't eat my favorite food. when I eat it is paining. please suggest a remedy for it. Its very paining. Please help me please. Suggest some home remedy .I can't bear the pain. I can't go anywhere. Please help me.
Can viral fever long for more than 2 weeks. My brother has very weak immune system. He suffers from one or the other problem frequently. Any remedies?
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica.