Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.RamasamyYour feedback matters!
I am under going a treatment for Alopecia Arcata, it's been almost three months but I am not satisfied with the results. What is best treatment for achieving faster results?
I was smoking for 4 years. Now I am suffering with severe cough. Many doctors have treated me. Some were saying I am suffering from Bronchitis and some were saying I have asthma. And I want to get rid of this problem. What should I do to bring this cough to an end? I have done every type of treatment like Ayurvedic, Allopathic, etc. I got just tired of this physical problem suffering from. Give me some solution.
Hii. It's three. Not a day m facing hair fall problem. Hire fall ratio is very high. please Suggest me some treatment.
Different foods have different properties. Here are some foods to have and a few you must refrain from if you are suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain:
Include these foods in your diet.
1) cherries - these contain anthocyanocides which assist in lowering uric acids, thus reducing the level of pain.
2) ginger - eating fresh ginger of drinking ginger root tea is advisable if suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain. The gingerols present in it include anti-inflammatory compounds which are extremely helpful.
3) pineapple - there exists in pineapples, an element called bromelain which is a very effective anti-inflammatory.
4) raw apple cider vinegar - anti-inflammatory properties of raw apple cider vinegar are also very beneficial. It can be consumed by drinking a tablespoon of the vinegar mixed in about 250ml water or as salad dressing.
5) turmeric - turmeric or as we call it haldi, has anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
6) omega 3 fatty acids - omega 3 fatty acids also have anthocyanocides. Which lower the levels of uric acids. Eating more of chia seeds, flax seeds and fish is also encouraged.
And the foods to avoid are,
1) sugary foods - sugary foods are like toxins which cause inflammations and lead to more pains in the body. Hence, avoid foods with excessive sugar when suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain.
2) omega 6 oils - these oils, if consumed in high amounts, cause inflammations. It is advisable to replace these foods with healthier foods.
3) fried foods: deep fried foods are cooked at high temperatures and thus induce inflammation.
4) salt - this happens to some people where excess intake of sodium increases the pain in the joints. Hence, lowering consumption is not a bad idea.
I have some skin infection near private part, Skin become thin & looking red also when I walk n came in head skin itches and a patch like ringworm or something like that occur. Please advice.
I am 23 year old male. I was hearing some sound from my right leg knee while walking. What does that mean?
I got ankle twist and it's swelling what to do? I dnt want to have fracture it's paining while walking.
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure that is used to move hair follicles from one location in the body to another. The part from which the hair follicles are taken is known as the “donor site” and the location where it is moved to is called the “recipient site”. Patients who undergo hair transplants often come across the terms FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction).
Follicular Unit Extraction is a procedure which involves the singular extraction of each hair follicle without any removal of strip of tissue. Random removal of hair follicle takes place which causes minimal and unnoticeable changes in the donor area. Fewer amounts of hair are transplanted as the follicles are removed one at a time which makes it beneficial for the removal of lesser hair as compared to the traditional FUT procedure.
In FUE, singular removal of hair follicles is done using specialized equipment that generally consists of a needle which has a diameter less than one mm. The needle is targeted at the base of the hair follicles. At this spot, a circular incision is made. Another instrument, similar to tweezers, is used to dislodge the hair follicle from the scalp.
Post- Surgery Management:
Stretches are not needed in Follicular Unit Extraction. Additionally, there is almost no post procedural discomfort. Since the occurrence of any scar is absent, healing time is generally less. However, puncture marks which have a diameter of 1 mm or less are common. These marks heal by themselves within 3 to 7 days. It takes three to six months for the hair to look natural once again. The initial scars heal quickly and daily activities can be resumed the very next day.
Perspective of the surgeon:
Lesser manpower, when compared to FUT, is needed i.e. a single doctor with a maximum of two assistants can run a clinic.
Lesser equipment is needed.
Graft preparation is minimal.
Perspective of the Patient:
Can sport short hair.
Less post-operative recovery time.
Microscopic scars in the donor site are nearly invisible.
Body hair can be used for added density only in this technique.
Can be used to cover pre-existing scar of surgery.