Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S.R.RamkumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, Greetings! I am 30 years old male. My weight is around 72 Kgs. Recently I have done my all blood checkups. Liver function test, kidney function test and Blood sugar level is normal but the lipid profile result is abnormal. TOTAL CHOLESTEROL level is 300, LDL CHOLESTEROL – DIRECT is 209, TRIGLYCERIDES is 184, TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO is 6.1, LDL / HDL RATIO is 4.2 and NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL is 252. I am frightened and very much anxious. Kindly advise any safe effective medicine. Is there any homoeopathy medicine.
I am taking Tazloc 40 for hyper tension. Some days I find that the BP reading is 110 or so. On those days I feel drowsiness. Should I skip medicine on those days or reduce the dosage which I am taking regularly.
If the person has continually lowering his blood pressure what will be the cause for that lowering of blood pressure and how he has to do so that his blood pressure will remain maintained.
I have chest pain and it is from 10 days and the right side of my chest in very much pain please help me to remove this.
Is der any relation between shoulder injury and chest muscle? Coz I have shoulder injury, but sometime there is a muscular pain in chest area also.
I had 102 fever on Sunday. I went to hospital . My bp also was dropped to 90-50 . Now my temperature and bp is normal. But can't bear the body pain espcly joints pain. Can't walk or sit properly. Especially back pain is severe. My vitamin d was 3.57ng. I did all dengue Ra tests which was normal.
Emergency please help: I had a muscle catch yesterday night in the left side of my chest and pain in the heart was immense. I am still having some pain in the chest. Please recommend me some meds that will relax it and how do I prevent it from occurring further?
I have cherry angiomas on my chest and arms. How to get rid of this. Please help me. Is there any solution?
I am 34 years man. I have a wife and child. Our family life completed 5 years. Now I am facing a problem is premature ejaculation. I can control less than 1 minute when I entered vagina. I have no other diseases like sugar high blood pressure etc. I am 162 cm height and 70 kg weight. If you suggest any remedy I am very thankful to you.
It is said that, one in every three people are suffering from high blood pressure. It is estimated that at present more alone about 65 million people in US itself are suffering from this ailment. High blood pressure is a serious ailment that can cause heart attack, kidney failure, vision impairment, and it can even cause sexual problems. This ailment has no symptoms, and it is also regarded as one of the silent killers. In fact, erectile dysfunction, which is one of the serious ailments caused by high blood pressure can even affect the relationship between the couples.
High blood pressure and erectile dysfunction:
In the case of men, there is a direct link between sexual problem or erectile dysfunction and high blood pressure. Erection of the penis is caused by the two tissues called as corpora cavernosa. This tissue is made of small arteries and veins. During the process of erection, brain sends a signal to the nerve ending in the penis to dilate the arteries. This in turn makes the arteries to open sufficiently, and blood gets filled in empty spaces in the Penis. The relationship between high blood pressure and erectile dysfunction can be further analyzed as follows:
- Sexual arousal is caused by a male hormone called as Testosterone. In case a person is suffering from high blood pressure, he has low testosterone levels. Apart from this, in the course of time, those suffering from high blood pressure are prone to damage of lining on the arteries. This in turn affects the flow of blood in the arteries.
- On the other hand, in the case of a person suffering from high blood pressure, arteries fail to dilate and the smooth muscles of corpora cavernosa also fail to relax. Naturally, this affects the flow of blood to the Penis which in turn causes erectile dysfunction. Because of the combination of these two factors people suffering from high blood pressure suffer from the problem of Erectile Dysfunction.
Fear: It is natural that sexual problems can increase the anxiety levels, which in turn may lead to fear. As a result, the person may refrain from indulging in sexual activities. In fact, even one instance of erectile dysfunction is enough to fuel the fear, and the person would avoid indulgence.
There are medicines that can help the individual to manage this problem of erectile dysfunction due to high blood pressure. Apart from the medicine, the physician may also suggest exercises and certain restrictions on food. You should take the medicines strictly as per the physician's directions. With this, it should be possible to effectively manage the sexual problems in those suffering from high blood pressure.
He has cholesterol, he wants to control his cholesterol level. Please suggest medicine and some exercise.
Hi I am 32 yesr old I tested lipid profile and I got result that I my tryglyceride is 359mg/100ml so now what you suggest to do or how I reduce this and my hdl is 37 m/100 and ldl is 117 mg/100 and vldl is 39 mg/100. Serum cholesterol 193mg/100 and I don' t have any diabetes, hypertension
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
I am 19 years old female and I am suffering from chest pain and breathing problem since last 2 years what should I do.
Maine aaj heart kartiography karvaya usame 20% blokege nikala hai, blokege nikalne ke liye doctor ne 5 manine ka salain treatment karneko bola hai ,koi aur treatment ho to please bataye ,kya ye blokege nikalane ka koi aur upay hai to bataye.
It's thought that around 30% of people in England have high blood pressure, and many don't even know it. Though more than half of them are over 60, a large number are younger. Could you be one of them?
Hypertension should be confirmed based on three blood pressure measurements at separate clinical visits.
Normative BP percentiles are based upon data on gender, age, height, and blood pressure measurements from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey and other population–based studies.
In a study initial BP measurement was normal (below the 90th percentile), pre–hypertensive (systolic or diastolic BP between the 90th or 95th percentile) and hypertensive (systolic or diastolic BP =95th percentile) in 82, 13, and 5 percent of children.
At follow–up, subsequent hypertensive measurements were observed in only 4 percent of the 10,848 children who had initial hypertensive values. In the cohort, the overall prevalence of hypertension was 0.3 percent.