Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.PrasanthiYour feedback matters!
In my teeth some dust available. I am trying to clean my teeth every day. But its not clear almost its look like white and smoothy. My paste name is close up coolmenthol please suggest me what am I doing now?
Sir my sister age is 13 her teeth r yellow but dentist say it was not clean by rubbing only cap cover krna pade ga so koi ayurvedic method hai teeth ko saaf karne ka.
1.Cavities: Also known as tooth decay, cavities are holes in the teeth caused by acids in our mouth. Those acids may come from foods in our diet or when mouth bacteria turns sugars we eat into acids. The treatment for a cavity is a filling. If you have a cavity, don't wait, because they only grow bigger over time!
2.Toothache: A toothache is often caused by cavity that has reached the sensitive root of the tooth. This means the tooth is infected and needs a filling or a root canal. Toothaches can also be caused by teeth grinding, gum disease, a misaligned bite, or accidents that damage the teeth.
3.Gum Disease: Gum disease is a common condition caused by bacterial overgrowth in the mouth. The bacteria make toxins that irritate the gums, leading to redness, swelling, bleeding, and possibly even tooth loss. Good oral hygiene and regular dental visits are key to halting gum disease.
4.Tooth Grinding: Ever wake up with a sore or popping/clicking jaw? You might be grinding your teeth at night. A special night guard?available only through a dentist?can help protect your teeth and ease the jaw pain.
5.Sensitive Teeth: Do cold or hot foods make your teeth hurt? Tooth sensitivity can be helped by using special pain-relieving toothpastes and gels. Fluoride also helps to strengthen the teeth and protect them from pain. If tooth sensitivity is the result of gum disease or cavities, the pain might go away after treatment.
6.Crooked Teeth: If you wish your smile were straighter, you are not alone. Lots of teens and many adults have some kind of orthodontic hardware to help with their smile. If your smile needs some correction, ask your dentist what alternates are available for the correction.
7.Tooth Trauma: Accidents, contact sports, or even biting down on something hard can cause tooth trauma. With tooth trauma, teeth may be broken, knocked loose, or even knocked out completely. Often, your dentist can handle tooth trauma better than the doctors in an emergency ward, so call your dentist before you head over to a hospital.
Next time your chompers are giving you grief, give your dentist a call. It?s good to know that help is just a phone call away!
Oral diseases are very common. Many of the patients fail to maintain proper oral hygiene. Consequently, they develop oral diseases like ulcers, bleeding gums and stomatitis. Although these diseases are not fatal to a great extent, they cause discomfort and embarrassment in public. Bad breath, pain, swelling and bleeding in the gums are some common symptoms of these diseases.
These diseases can be cured by allopathic means. However, homeopathic treatment is safer, cheaper and effective. You don’t need to take up expensive and invasive treatments. Here are some homeopathic remedies for oral diseases like Aphthae, Ulcers, Bleeding Gums and Ulcers:
- Borax: This is useful in treating apthous inflammation of the mouth. Aphthae refers to the occurrence of small white spots and ulcers on the mucous membrane of the mouth. It is caused due to fungal infection. It can be cured by the use of Borax mixed with honey. In case the patient suffers flat ulcers, soreness and salivation, mercurius is given. In acute cases of violent inflammation, aurum is prescribed.
- Baptisia: This medicine is prescribed for treating bleeding gums. If the patient is found to have developed ulcerated gums, cracked tongue and excessively bad breath, Baptisia can be given to them. The colour of the blood oozing out should be dark red.
- Nitric Acid: It is given to patients with whitish gums, acrid saliva and experiencing prickling pain. This is also good for patients with deep bluish ulcers and swollen salivary glands.
- Mercurius Solubius: It helps in healing ulcers and cures the pain. One can consume Merc Sol 30c three times a day for 2 to 3 days. It stops the re-occurrence of ulcers.
- Arsenicum: It can be prescribed to patients with sloughing ulcers. It is given to patients suffering from livid or bluish gums. If the patient suffers from canker sores, salicylic acid can be given.
- Kerosote: If a patient finds that black blood is oozing out of his or her gums, kerosote can be given to them. This helps in clotting of the blood quickly. This is prescribed for patients with dark and crumbling teeth and putrid mouth.
- Carbo Veg: This is given to patients who suffer from bleeding gums. If the patient notices blood oozing out from the gums while brushing, white tongue and general weakness, this medicine can be prescribe. It improves the process of oxygenation of blood.
- Phosphorus: This is the medicine for pregnant women. Sometimes, pregnant women suffer from bleeding gums due to hormonal imbalance. Phosphorus helps in curing the adverse effects of pregnancy hormones on the gums and oral region.
- Calcarea Carb: It cures bleeding gums. It is given to patients, who suffer from dry tongue at night.