Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.PrasanthiYour feedback matters!
I am 49 years old. I am suffering from toothache in a right upper gum tooth. This tooth has been eroded badly since long. What should I do, whether the tooth needs to be pulled out or to be filled up by some method. Please advise.
I have bruxism problems these have been developed due to neck stiffness issues that I've been facing since 3 years now. Bruxism has also lead to teeth clenching problem. Kindly suggest some solution to it . Will a mouth guard help? Thank you in anticipation.
I have a teeth which is decayed completely after root canaling the teeth ajcent ones getting decaying what should I do now?
Homeopathy regards the individual overall. It implies that homeopathic treatment concentrates on the patient as a man and in addition his obsessive condition. The homeopathic remedies for toothache are chosen after a complete individual examination and case-investigation, which incorporates the therapeutic history of the patient, physical and mental constitution and so forth.
A miasmatic tendency (inclination/powerlessness) is frequently considered for the treatment of constant conditions. The homeopathic remedies for toothache given underneath demonstrate the therapeutic affinity yet this is not an entire and clear manual for the treatment of this condition.
The symptoms recorded against every remedy may not be specifically identified with this sickness in light of the fact that in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional signs are additionally considered for selecting a remedy. To concentrate any of the accompanying remedies in more detail, please visit our Materia Medica area. None of these homeopathic remedies for toothache ought to be taken without expert exhortation.
Homeopathic Remedies for Toothache
- Mercurius: Mercurius is presumably more frequently demonstrated homeopathic remedy for toothache than other remedies. It is prescribed in case of extraordinary throbbing toothache because of excited dentine, which is more awful during the evening and in moist climate. The teeth feel stretched and sore, and this soreness influences the entire of the jaw and confront and is more awful from warmth, fairly soothed by delicate rubbing of the face.
- Chamomilla: This is an amazing homeopathy remedy for toothache particularly in case of intolerable toothache influencing an entire column of teeth happening in paroxysms, with agonies transmitting to ears.
- Belladonna: It is prescribed when a person has toothache from aggravation of dental pulp. A person in agony of blazing and throbbing pain, which is more regrettable around evening time, more terrible on contact, as is biting in nature.
- Coffea: This homeopathic remedy will frequently expel the most serious torments of toothache, which nearly drive the patient unhinged. It is a stinging, snapping, irregular agony, more regrettable while biting, more awful from warm drink and altogether eased for a period by holding icy water in the mouth, returning when the water turns out to be warm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I have dental bridge in my upper haw for last five years. Now I m thinking to take dental implants. So I want suggestion. Also as of now no problem in the bridge its look stable. Kindly give me right guidance.
Hi, My daughter fell in school while being pushed by fellow student, accidentally chipped her 2 front teeth. We took her to nearby dentist who suggested RCD, got it done. Now suggest if we should get the crown also done. She is just 9 yrs.
Hello friends, my name is Dr Aishna Sharma, today I am going to discuss about the topic that is very common and in general everyone suffers from it and that is, tooth sensitivity.
Tooth sensitivity is basically any kind of pain due to extremes (hot and cold) food or drinks or even with a blow of air. Now first of all going deep into this topic you musyt understand the tooth structure, that is a tooth it consists of three layers;
- The outermost layer enamel, that is considered to be the hardest substance on the eart, other than the diamond.
- Now, after enamel comes dentin. Dentin is considered to be the softer substance.
- It has tubules in it. Tubules that starts from the outer layer of the dentin and ends up to the pulp.
This dentin and inside dentin is the pulp. The pulp or the nerve tissue, this nerve tissue consist if sensations, and with whatever we eat whatever we have all the sensation is passed through the nerves and it reaches through the dentin and then it reaches to the enamel. Now whenever we have sensitivity it means that the tooth structure is lost because of many reasons. Now first and foremost reason is the loss of gum tissue. The loss of gum tissue can occur when we take some very acidic things like pepsi, coke or any aerated drink. So in that case our gum tissues are soft in nature, that gets lost. So when it gets lost the lower part of the tooth that is the root of the tooth, it gets exposed and it is sensitive in nature so obviously you will have sensitivity in that area. The sensitivity is not in the tooth structure it is in the root area. Now, other reason of sensitivity is decay. Decay is the most common.
When you will have decay?
First and foremost you will get to know about decay when your food will get lost when the food will get lost only in the outer surface of the tooth, that is the enamel, you won’t have any sensitivity you will just have the complain of getting the food lost, but when it reaches the dentin, you will definitely have sensitivity. The first sensitivity you are going to have is cold, after that hot and after that when it is very near to the nerves, you will have sensitivity to sweets. Now, this is how this process of decay stats from sensitivity and ends up in pain because when you reach the nerve, you will experience pain. Other reason of sensitivity is fracture, when the tooth gets fractured, so obviously in fractured case also the dentin is getting exposed and even at times the pulp or the nerve tissue gets exposed. So all the sensation, whatever you eat or drink gets passed on to the tooth directly to the inside of the tooth directly and you will have sensation of hot and cold, even to sweets.
Now, what is the treatment line for tooth sensitivity?
The first and foremost line and the most common treatment line people do at home is the desensitizing paste, nowadays there are so many advertisements coming on national television. So, desensitizing paste is something that you have to use regularly and slowly you will attain the result. But, ya if you don’t get results with the desensitizing paste, you have to come to the clinic. To the doctor’s place and you have to get the treated by the fluorited toothpaste that the doctor will recommend. Even after that if you are not getting relieved, then you haveto go for the filling that filling is medicated filling. Even at times if it is your bad luck that you don’t even get relief with the filling then you have to go for the root canal only after that the sensitive tooth will be relieved.
For further detail on this topic, you can call me and chat with me. There is live chat option also on librate.com and you can visit our clinic that is Rohini Dental Care and it is in sector 31 Gurgaon. Rest, you can get from the Lybrate.