Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. S. PerumalYour feedback matters!
I m 19 years old. I want to increase my stamina. How to increase stamina. And I have back pain problem since 2 years I consult many doctor but I can't relif from back pain please help me.
I am a 24old male and I going to running every day but I can't run successful because I have leg pains. What should I do.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Hi doctor. i am 27 my feets are burning cue report is normal. so, what is the reason behind this please suggest me thanks.
I am getting back pain daily if I sit for 2 hrs mostly in the evening. What may be the reason? how can I get rid of it?
Gone are the days when mostly elderly people complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.