Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. S.ParthasarathyYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old lady. My periods are stopped from this month, I have not undergone sterlisation. Now these days I am taking an ayurvedic medicine. Since 2 years my periods were only for two days. I am in tension please solve my problem. Thanks
My hair is falling in huge amount everyday. Hair of my head is too weak. It's root is gone dry. When I putting the hand on my head, too many hairs come along with my hand. So give me the solution. 60%hair gone lost.
I am 27 year old boy and my forehead is more black then my remaining face what should I use even though I am using SPF 15+ cream for face.
I have swelling on my right side gums (right upper side). Pls suggest me some good medicine to come out of this. I do not have BP and sugar.
Are Bananas Fattening or Weight Loss Friendly?
People who want to improve their health are often advised to eat more fruits and vegetables. However, some people worry that high-sugar fruits like bananas can be fattening.
This article explores whether bananas will make you gain or lose weight.
Nutrition Facts of Bananas
Bananas are high in many nutrients and provide many health benefits
They contain lots of fiber, carbs and some essential vitamins and minerals.
A medium-sized banana contains
- Potassium: 12% of the RDI.
- Vitamin B6: 20% of the RDI.
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 8% of the RDI.
- Copper: 5% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 15% of the RDI.
- Fiber: 3.1 grams.
This is coming with around 105 cal, 90% of which come from carbs. Most of the carbs in ripe bananas are sugars - sucrose, glucose, and fructose.
On the other hand, bananas are low in both fat and protein.
Bananas also contain a number of beneficial plant compounds and antioxidants, including dopamine and catechin.
Bananas Are High in Fiber, But Low in Calories
Calorie for calorie, bananas contain a lot of fiber. One medium banana provides around 12% of your recommended daily intake, with just 105 calories.
Fiber is important for maintaining regular bowel habits and plays a vital role in digestive health. An adequate fiber intake is also linked to reduced body weight.This effect is thought to occur because fiber makes you feel full for longer, which may help you eat fewer calories over the long term.
The Greener the Banana, the Higher the Resistant Starch
The type of carbs in a banana depends on how ripe it is.
Unripe, green bananas are high in starch and resistant starch, while ripe, yellow bananas contain mostly sugars. Resistant starches are long chains of glucose (starch) that are resistant to digestion. They act like soluble fiber in the body and have lots of potential health benefits. This includes weight loss and reduced blood sugar levels. Resistant starch can also slow down the absorption of sugar from foods. This keeps your blood sugar levels stable and helps you feel full. Furthermore, resistant starch may also increase fat burning.
Bananas Have a Low Glycemic Index, But it Depends on Ripeness
The glycemic index (GI) measures how much foods raise blood sugar levels. If a food scores lower than 55, it's considered to have a low GI. 56-69 is medium, while a score above 70 is high. Foods that contain a lot of simple sugars are quickly absorbed and have a high GI value since they cause a greater rise in blood sugar levels. Eating a lot of high-GI foods has been linked to weight gain and an increased risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
Foods with more slowly absorbed carbs have a lower GI and keep your blood sugar levels stable. Since bananas are 90% carbs, they're sometimes considered to be a high-sugar fruit that could spike your blood sugar. However, the GI score of bananas is 42-62, depending on ripeness. This makes them low to medium on the glycemic index.
Ripe bananas have a higher GI than greener bananas. The sugar content increases as the banana matures, which in turn affects your blood sugar levels. That said, overall bananas seem to release their sugars slowly.
Low-GI foods like bananas may also help you feel full and keep blood sugar levels stable.This may lead to weight loss over time.
Fattening or Weight Loss Friendly?
Bananas are healthy and nutritious, there is no doubt about that. They are also high in fiber, but low in calories.
Most bananas have a low to medium glycemic index, and should not cause big spikes in blood sugar levels compared to other high-carb foods.
Although there are no studies that directly examine the effects of bananas on weight, they do have several properties that should make them a weight loss friendly food.
If you are trying to lose weight, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating bananas as a part of a balanced, real food based diet.
My last periods was on 19th n it ended by 24th. On 27th I had sex n took ipill on 28th nly. Again on 4th I had an intercourse with my guy. Whr he never ejaculated inside me. I even wiped his precum before inserting (he nly put his tip inside. And now. Tt is on 10th I got bleeding. Exactly 12 days after taking ipill n 6 days after my last intercourse. Is this bleeding because of ipill or d previous sex? I am very much worried. M I pregnant?
Do back exercises need to b performed regularly? My age is 24 and I am getting pain in my lower back ani left inner thigh muscle if I do not do exercises given by doctor. Can I run to reduce my weight which is 82 kg. Or it will worsen my situation of lower back ache? I am dentist by profession so postural problems are also there. Please help.
Sir mere face PR achne or pimple ate rhte hai mai kya kro or use skractch krne se gaddhhe ho gye please sir koi cream ya gel bataye.
I am 82 years male suffering from back pain for the last two years. Having high blood pressure and bradycardia. What to do?
Urticaria, also known as Hives and Nettle Rash. It is an allergic disorder. It is similar to the rashes that are caused due to touching a nettle plant. This allergic reaction can be caused due to a variety of reasons, thus increasing the difficulty in identifying the exact cause of the allergy. Homeopathic medication has proved to be very efficient in treating urticaria. Some of the best homeopathic remedies include:
- Apis Mellifica: Described as one of the best solutions to urticaria, this medication is commonly prescribed with regard to treatment. The characterising symptoms of this medication is eruptions accompanied by inflammation and sting. It is similar to the sting of a bee where there is redness and swelling. Exposure to heat in any form is intolerable as the eruption are aggravated. The slightest of touch can cause burning or itching and the patient usually remains thirsty.
- Dulcamara: This is a medication that is usually prescribed for Urticaria, caused due to cold air or wet weather or dampness. Consumption of sour food or indefinite diet can cause the eruptions. Even though the skin is often dry, there is redness and itching.
- Natrum Mur: One of the frequently used medicines for urticaria, this medicine is prepared from common salt. It is used in cases where the eruptions are triggered by exposure to the sun, thereby resulting in intense itching. The skin has an oily or greasy feel. Most likely locations of occurrence include margins of hair or bends of joints.
- Ledum Pal: This medication focuses on the eruptions that occur on the legs and feet. There is a possibility of the infection spreading from the lower to the upper regions at a later stage. Increase in itching can result from the warmth of bed or on scratching. Colder conditions provide a soothing sensation
- Astacus Fluviatilis: This is an effective medication that be used to treat, both acute and chronic urticarial forms. Rashes are visible on the entire body and are at an increased sensitiveness to air. It is recommended for liver diseases and liver-related symptoms that are accompanied by urticaria.
Sir, Good Morning, i have a problem, of urinal, (again --again) there is no DIABETES, and other problem to me, but my problem is this only. Please tell me any medicine for this problem, yes i a take tea 3-4 times in a day, if i do not take tea than i suffer with headpain problem. Regards
I am suffering from tiredness from many months, I am not able to have a good sex relationship with my wife, I get more head pain and I sleep more. why ?
hi , i m a diabetic since last 30 yrs, now suffering fetes problem , many times feel senseless some time feel so heavy legs,kindly suggest me.bout my new medic-ens Thanking you.
I just turned 20, I always feel low do not feel like doing anything I just lay in my room all day thinking of sad things of past and things that might happen in future and cry all day I do not feel like sharing with 3 friends I have but I need to know whats happening I have been under prescription before but I have stopped taking my tablets I really want get away from the stress
Caught in the mundane chores and uniformity of daily pressures, your love life may suffer quite badly. All couples come to a point where one or both of them are either not interested in physical love anymore or too tired to get frisky. This can affect both life not only physically but also emotionally. Even if you have sex, it becomes dull, boring and unpleasant.
Getting the spark back!
Problems with a dull sex life do not have to mean a complete removal of sex from your relationship. Bringing your sex life on track might take a while, but can be quite easily achieved. Understanding yourself, knowing what gives you pleasure and sharing a romantic relationship with your partner are the key elements of a happy and satisfying sexual life. Some of the tips to get the spark back in your sex life are as follows:
- Communicate: Communication is the key to resolving all problems. Many couples feel afraid to talk about sexual issues, but this should not be the case. Talk to your partner about why you are feeling disinterested. Discuss if you are going through a difficult physical transition such as menopause or other physical ailments. It is better to tell the truth and not let your partner just assume that you may not be attracted towards him or her. Be honest if you are failing to have an orgasm. Proper communication is the first step in trying to resolve a problem.
- Educate yourself: In today’s world, finding a solution to sexual problems is no big issue as you can always look up to the internet for information. Go through books, magazines or other items available which will give a clear explanation to all your queries. Create a comfortable, quiet and interference free atmosphere. Age is also a factor that might lead to reduced libido but creating romantic settings might help in bringing the passion back.
- Keep away from blame and criticism: Try not to introduce any issue which might lead to a big fight. Criticizing at this point of time should also be avoided as it can flare up into an argument.
- Be stress free: Try and keep all the work problems away while you are with your partner. Lighten up and focus on your partner and the total experience rather than only aiming to fulfil a goal. Maintaining a stress free attitude helps in makings sex more enjoyable.
- Relax and be flexible: Relaxing helps you feeling more focussed and enhances your sexual energy. Flexibility to your partners needs only makes them more attracted and aroused by you. Thus physical and emotional flexibility can help in bringing back the spark into your sex life.
- Good health: Your physical and emotional health also affects your sex life. Reducing the intake of alcohol, abstaining from smoke, eating healthy and adequate exercise and meditating to calm your mind helps immensely to maintain a good shape and in turn happy sexual life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!