Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. S. Padmanabha RaoYour feedback matters!
Hi, mere face pe kuch marks h . Tou doctor ne mujhe melaglow cream lgane ko bola tha. On eyes also. Because of dark circles. Bt us vjha se mere eyes pe swelling aa gai h. Main kya kru ab. Iska effect eye sight pe toh ni hoga.
I have red eyes for three days what I should done then my eyes become normal without any side effect.
Hi Sir, I have myopia in my left eye and I want to know that is there any medicine which can stop my increasing number of eye?
I have sore eyes. Watching TV leads to irritation. Can not read or work on computers. please advice.
After my operation of cataract (4 months back- right eye), I am finding problem in right eye in clarity in vision. Pl. Tell me tentative reasons, & guide further.
I have 3.0 long eye sightedness. I want to remove my longsightedness and want to maintain 0 sight. How can I clear this problem.
My daughter, 6 years old, goes for swimming. She complains about her eyes burning due to chlorine water. What can I do to soothe her eyes?
I want an advise how can I improve my eye sight n I have far sightedness please sugest me a good answer.
I think I have a problem with my eyes. They keep watering all the time. No nasolacrimal duct block or lacrimal hyperstimulation syndrome detected. What can it be?
I am having some problem in my eyes at the time of night eye fill some burning in my eyes so please tell me some solution I m tired from this you think you can solve this.
I am constantly suffering from Seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. Red running eyes, running nose fever and all other related problems.
I have problem to remembering past things and nervous and my eye also irritating and also lack of confidence so. please help me and I am student I have no sufficient amount for treatment.
Eyelid spacer grafts are widely used by cosmetic surgeons for treating abnormalities in the lower eyelid. Spacer grafts are surgically used for tectonic support. Spacer grafts are scientific and the technology used helps in virally inactivating tissues, and also in the preservation and sterilization of tissues. They are immunologically and biologically safe. Eyelid spacer grafts are commonly used after undergoing a blepharoplasty surgery of the eyelids
When are eyelid spacer grafts used?
Many people have puffy and fat eyelids. Lower eyelid blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery, which effectively cures such disorders. The process involves removal of extra fat and skin from the lower eyelids and trimming of excess skin. Eyelid retraction is another condition pertaining to the eyelids, where the eyelids look like they have been pulled down. This condition arises from the removal of too much skin during blepharoplasty. Loose ligament support and excess scarring in the eyelids also lead to eyelid retraction. When this condition does not cease in the post- operational period, eyelid spacer grafts may be used.
Benefits of eyelid spacer grafts
- Eyelid spacer grafts are effective and helpful in a large number of conditions. The major benefit of spacer grafts is to repair lowered eye retraction after carrying out a blepharoplasty surgery.
- The eyelids are lengthened vertically as a result of using eyelid spacer grafts. This helps in better closure of the lids and also reduces eye irritation in patients.
- The eyelids are made to look more natural when they are in resting position. Spacer grafts are placed at the back of an eyelid. Thus, they are not visible from the outside.
- The recovery time after using eyelid spacer grafts is almost the same as most eyelid surgeries in general. The results are usually very effective.
- Eyelid space grafters are not the only ones used for repairing eyelid retraction, but these are certainly one of the most efficient ones. They give proper support to the lower eyelid, which is required for the proper closure of the eyelids and maintain proper eyelid positioning after a blepharoplasty surgery.
- Eyelid spacer grafts ensure permanent cure of eyelid retraction, and it is unlikely that this disorder will occur again after eyelid spacer grafts have been used.
- Eyelid spacer grafts have proven to be one of the best remedies for eyelid retraction, which many people experience after having a blepharoplasty surgery. There are different types of eyelid spacer grafts that will be recommended by your surgeon to correct eyelid retraction, depending on your case. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.