Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. S.MalarkodiYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor I am working as computer assistant, Avery 6 months my eye sight is increasing Past I have 0.75 far distance sight after 6 months my eysare again showing blurred even I wear my specs I have doubt will masturbation increase eye sight. I have masturbate every day, please suggest me whether it increase eye sight Thank you.
I have eye weakness like, my eyes got red when I watch television or be on phone more than 30 minutes. What should I do?
I am using Specs for last 17 years n my no. Is -7.5 n - 8.6. But still specs no. Is increasing. Feeling stress in eyes n pain. My cornea thickness is less. Can I go for laser specs removal treatment? Is it possible after some time of I have to use specs again. And also advice for as I see inside the eyes flying black spot?
I have weak eye sight. I can not vision clearly things which are far. Pls tell me any eye drop & medicine. How can I get vision 6/6.
My wife is diagonised'with dimension of vision for the left eye. The best corrected visual acuity is 6/6 in the right eye and counting fingers @3m N36 in the left eye. Anterior segment was within normal limits. Intra ocular pressure was 18mmHg in both eyes. Fundus Examination revealed drusen in the right eye and choroidal neovascular membrane with sub- retinal haemorrhage and sub-retinal fluid in the left eye, confirmed with optical coherence tomography (OCT). 1) What is advisable line of treatment for her? 2) How far it is successful ?3) Can she get normal vision after treatment or only it is going arrest further deterioration? Kindly give a reply. She has been advised to take treatment as early as possible.
I want to represent my country through defence but my eyesight doesn't allow me to do so. How can I rectify my eyesight without spex nd lenses.
I have been using spectacle from past 20 years for long sight. I want to go for lasik treatment. Can you suggest me good hospitals? And also tell me is there any side effects if I go for lasik?
LASIK stands for Laser In-situ Keratomileusis. This is a common eye surgery that helps in correcting vision problems. During this procedure, the cornea of the eye is cut across by a medical expert to raise the tissues and reshape them to correct vision. LASIK is suitable for patients who have shortsightedness, long sightedness or who suffer from astigmatism.
Here are the 5 benefits that a LASIK surgery offers:
1. Improved vision - A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
2. Quick results and recovery - This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
3. Long- lasting outcomes - A minimum timeframe of 3 months is required for the eyes to adjust, after which LASIK results are permanently noticeable in a patient. No follow up procedures are required unless something wrong went with the surgery. The patient will continue to have improved vision unless there is any normal loss due to illness or aging.
4. No need of glasses - You no longer require glasses as your vision turns to normal post-LASIK surgery.
5. Goodbye contact lenses - LASIK surgery will help eliminate the need for contacts. You will be able to avoid all the problems pertaining to wearing a contact lens, including lens solution.