Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S.MalarkodiYour feedback matters!
I m 26 years old. But my physic is not so good. Bone structure not growth. Seems like a 14 years of boy. Weight is 50. Lack of blood in my body. Eyes problem, bleeding in tooth, always feeling lazy whats is the reason behind all things.
I have red eyes over five day. What should I do? Please help very urgent doctor. I am waiting for your reply please help.
When ever m driving my bike Their is continued water coming from my eyes. Can you pLZZZ WHY doesn't it happen.
My eyes seems to be so red all the time, what should I apply on my eyes and how do I better take care of it?
I am 21 year old. My eyes sight power is CYL (-0.50) And Axis 95' in right eyes and for left CYL (-0.50) and Axis 90' both vision got 6/6 and I don't want to wear the glass. Is there any other methods to obtain my eyes power back. Like any diet. Which food is better?
Kya subh subh uth kr muh ki laar lgane se pimles ke nishan or kisi jakham pr lgane se wo thik ho jata h. Or eyes k under lgane se spex bhi hat jata h. Is this true?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.