Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. S.MageshwaranYour feedback matters!
My mother has pain in their knee. Everytime she sit she cannot sit up due to knee pain. So give me some suggestions that help my mother problem.
I hv pain in middle of upper part of back and same position in front also and my full right is paining .there is severe pain in my right shoulder also please suggest what to do.
Respected Sir/Madam, This is in regards to the patient (my grandma). She has been lately struggling to walk and sit. She fell down and broke her spine before 5 months. She wasn't able to bear the pain for the last 2 months. Then we took her to hospital where they told after taking biopsy it might be multiple myeloma. They referred another hospital's Oncology department for further treatment. Radiation was given 10 times first in the spinal cord. Even after that treatment the pain did not stop and radiation was given to hip also. Now 2 weeks has passed after that and still she is having the pain.
I am suffering from severe thigh pain. I am diabetic for past 31 years. Sugar levels are under control.I am having hypertension also. For thigh pain I am taking GABANTIN-100. Can I continue? What are its side effects G
I am 25 years old and I have headache every morning and leg pain for the pass two months. Please help me.
Hi! I'm a 59 old (man. I've already hypertension; but now about 3 years I've gotten diabetes. The rate Is between 1.35 to 1.7; I'm taking drugs correctly; but every day when I wake up I feel some pains in my fingers, specialy my thumbs. What do I do? THANKS.
Chronic back pain is one of the common problems faced by people of all ages. This leads to disability to move. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of options to treat this condition.
Chronic back pain can happen due to ligament strain or muscle pull due to heavy lifting. Bulging of the disk can also result in chronic pain. Apart from this, there are other reasons such as skeletal irregularities, osteoporosis, arthritis etc.
Depending on the level of pain, a doctor might suggest one of the many treatment options available. Chronic pain can be managed with home treatment as well. It is advisable to continue with the daily activities such as walking, running etc. If the pain persists, a doctor might suggest one of the following methods:
- Over the counter medicine: For chronic pain, a doctor might suggest over the counter medicine such as naproxen sodium, ibuprofen, etc. However, over usage of these medicines has devastating side effects.
- Narcotics: Drugs such as hydrocodone and codeine can be used under the supervision of a doctor to get relief from back pain.
- Tropical relievers: These are creams or ointments that can give instant relief from chronic pain.
- Antidepressants: It has been identified by many medical practitioners that usage of certain anti-depressants can relieve a person from chronic back pain.
- Injections: If all else fails, as the last avenue, a medical practitioner can inject cortisone around the spinal cord area to cut down nerve root inflammation. The effect, however, lasts less than a month.
Therapy and exercise:
Therapy is one of the best ways to counter chronic back pain. Based on the pain frequency and bearing capacity of the patient, a physiotherapist can try various treatment varieties such as ultrasound, heat, techniques related to muscles release, electrical simulation etc. A combination of these treatments can reduce chronic pain. As part of the process, the next step is that a physiotherapist ensures is to strengthen the abdominal muscle with various exercises. The latter also ensures that the pain doesn’t come back.
There are many alternative medicine options which are known to be extremely helpful for chronic pain management. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Chiropractic care: This form of alternative medicine manipulates the spine to reduce the pain and give relief for the long term.
- Massage: Massage might help in those cases where the trigger of the pain is due to over work.
- Acupuncture: An acupuncture specialist injects sterilized steel inside the skin at nodal points. Many patients have reported that few sittings with a specialist have improved the chronic pain.
- Yoga: It is a form of exercise that is a combination of breathing technique and posture maintenance that can greatly help in chronic pain management.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!