Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Rajan
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S K RajanYour feedback matters!
I have a cough problem, which happens any time of the year. When it happens coughing run continuously for a day or 2 day. Runny or stuffy nose also happen.
Hi My sister is 3 years old. Par use 2 ya 3 month k baad cough or cold ho jata hai. Hmare yahan doctor ne use pump diya hai aur vo bhi 1 year tak use karne k liye .plz tell me munjhe kya karna chahiye. Asthma use nahi hai. Kya 1 year tak pmp use karne se use permanently pmp to nai lag jaiga.
She is suffering from sinus. Is there any kind of medicine that stops sinus for permanently? Plzz help me for this.
I have asthma and because of this I can not breathe properly so please suggest me ways to prevent them.
I have sinus problem from last 4 years and every morning my nose get blocked, what should I do? M taking medicines from last 4 years but still no relief. Tried everything. Allopathic, Homeopathy n currently ayurvedic. Is there any permanent solution for sinus?
I am 21 years old. I am suffering from cough and cold. I have taken cough syrup for last week but do not feeling relief. What should I do?
I am suffering from Bronchitis Infection from last 2 -3 years & also during the problem I also have problem in throat soaring. For this I consult 2-3 doctor and follow their schedule and medicine but from that medicine it's effect my body also and it's increasing continuously.
Hey Dr. I am having a asthma problem form last 5 year, In day time I am good but in evening I am taking montek LC table after taking this tablet I am again ok for next 24 hours. Asthma problem is more when I work in dust, while eating curd ,banana and few other thing. So could you please let me know I may having asthma problem or having any type of allergy. Thanks and regards.
The inflammation of the tissues around the sinuses is a condition known as sinusitis. This can be triggered by a number of factors including a common cold and pollen allergies. The symptoms of acute sinusitis are -
- Facial muscle pain
- Stuffiness of the nose
- Running nose
- Loss of smell
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating sinusitis without causing any other side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda.
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Nasyam - Nasyam is one of the five therapies of detoxification according to Ayurveda. It treats sinusitis by administering medicated oils or herbal juices through the nostrils into the body. Nasyam acts by attacking and removing excess humor in sinus cavities. This improves the flow of oxygen in the body, and thus also helps treat the pain that is a result of your sinusitis.
- Ginger-Garlic - Ginger and garlic have a number of medicinal properties. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, create a concoction with crushed garlic, turmeric, and honey, in the ratio of 1 tsp each of garlic and turmeric and 2 tbsp of honey. Have 1 tsp of this concoction daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Change your diet - Ayurveda is a lifestyle and hence diet is a very important part of the treatment. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of lemon juice and water is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Processed foods, chocolates, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when treating sinusitis with Ayurveda.
Related Tip: Ayurvedic Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction?