Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. S GunasekarYour feedback matters!
Why I am so coward, I get scared easily, I i get fear easily, I avoid confrontation, in school days people used to beat me and I used to say nothing to them ,why I do not have confidence to beat them, is this due to poor self esteem or lack of confidence I have a squint in my eyes and even if a small child tease me or say something me I get hurt easily, why I am so morally weak, why I am born such morally weak.Please tell.
Hi Doctor, Now a days my eyes became very red. I need to work in front of system every day. But my eyes are burning like any thing. I am using glasses now. I have a sight problem. Is their any option to reduce my eyes color. Thank you, Rajesh. T.
I'm feeling pain in my eyes and head when I'm using computer for more than 1 hour Can you suggest me any suggestion.
I have eye problem when I read book to an hour the tears follow from my eyes but when check up my eyes to the doctor then doctor says to me that haven't problem in your eyes but I want to know about this problem please instruct me.
I am 28year old girl from last 1year I feel pain in my eyes whenever I work on computer or cell phone screen, television screen, I consult many doctors but didn't find any solution, I had an eye check up also having no 0.50 with 180 axis in left and 175 in right, I n wearing anti glare glasses but it doesn't help me, please tell me what to do,
My wife is 27 year old she is losing her left eye vision guickly in last 6 months she is having pain in left side in head so please tell me what's is is a migraine or not & what to do.
I an 24 year male and suffering from R. P eyes what can I do for long time vision, what type of diet can I take for long time vision?
My father have Glaucoma in both eyes Right eye have 20 % vision Left eye have 70 % vision Is it operated with laser technology? Please advice.
I am 40 years and suddenly my eyes started blurring and after diagonise my eyes was drying please let me know the reason for eyes drying ?
I am 20 years old and been suffering from severe headache since the past few days. I have checked my eye power, taken pills and also have had long hours of sleep but the problem still persists. What should I do?
I am 25 year old female. I have eye Site week I use shamh. How to get rid from it. I look like over age. I went to rid from it. Please tell me how I do?
Hello Doctor. I have problem with my eyes. For every 1 hour some white dust like particles are formed at the corner of my eyes. Visited doctors but not cured. What could be the problem. How can I stop my eyes discharging the dust like particles. I have specs for eyesight. But I use them only when at office when I work on systems. Is that one of the reasons? Pls suggest me something on this.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries.