Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S.GaneshYour feedback matters!
Red eye problem, no eyesight but my eyes r red always when I woke from the sleep tried many eye drops nt effective. Please help doc.
My eyes are not so bright . There some redness and yellowish in the eyes. So how I get it to bright please suggest any eyedrop . Medicine . Yoga or whatever works perfectly ?
Hi Doc, Actually KERATOCONUS has been find in my Right eye. Due to this my power has been increased by -2 frm -0.5 in two years (I was not regular in using specs). My vision is absolutely clear right now, and one of Doc advice me to wait for 2 months therefore one is suggesting to take R3 surgery. Do I go for it? pls suggest as per my own understanding it will not good to have any surgery, but docs knows well. So pls suggest:( Thank You.
I am fourteen year old and cannot see distant objects clearly. I want to cure this problem with eye exercise .Can I cure my problem with exercises and how much time will it take if I do regular exercise. My both eyes are 4.8/6.
My mother is suffering with viral or bacterial infection in her eye as diagnosed by an eye doctor. She was prescribed moxifloxacin eye drop 1 hour once. She is using the drops from past 2 days, even though her pain and swelling near the eye have not reduced and she has continuous watery discharge from her eye. And her pain increases intensity increases.
I am getting etching in eyes ,but it is more in right eye, whenever I work on system for longer time I get irritation I my eye, it is always reddish in color. Please suggest me what should I do.
I accidentally hit my left side of the skull above the ear by a sharp and rigid corner of an object (bed) and now that part of my skull is swelled. Is this minor and would be healed automatically if not what should I do?
I have red eyes from last 3 days what should I do know for it be cured as it is very important suggest me.
I have eye sight of 6+ for both eyes, I want to use traditional lens .and can I take laser after the use of lens .(traditional= for 1 day, for functions etc)
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.
Eye problems that are caused due to the computer can be termed as Computer Vision Syndrome. Staring a computer screen has become a part of our daily lives, for many of us. Work and pleasure both include using a computer or a tablet. Looking at this screen for prolonged periods can cause many problems including strain, pain and stress due to the repeated eyeball movements and non-blinking nature of the work that we do when we stare at a screen for many hours.
Let us find out more about the causes of computer vision syndrome or CVS:
- Repeated Movements: When the same motion is carried out on a continuous basis, it can lead to stress based injuries due to the strain and stress caused in that part of the body. Much like carpal tunnel syndrome and other injuries like tennis elbow and shoulder joint problems, this condition is also caused due to the constant and repetitive movements which are known to lead to stress injuries. The longer you continue the activity, the worse it is bound to get.
- Focus: When you sit in front of a computer screen and work, one of the most important things that you are doing is called focus. When you focus on a screen on a continuous basis, to align your eyes with what you need to read or see, you are causing long term damage if this activity is carried out for too many hours on a daily basis. This back and forth motion that makes us focus can lead to pressure and strain on the eyes, which should be broken by concentrating on other activities like writing on a paper or reading from a book.
- Eye Muscles: These types of movements and activities can actually put a lot of pressure and undue strain on the muscles of the eyes. Also, things become even more difficult for the delicate eye muscles with the glare and blue light emanating from the computer screen which also has other elements like a flicker. This causes the eyes to align themselves by putting pressure on the eye muscles, which makes working on a computer that much more challenging than reading a book.
- Wrong Glasses or Lenses: If you have nearsightedness or farsightedness, then these problems can become even more severe due to this kind of condition. Also, if you are wearing the wrong prescription glasses or lenses, your eyes are bound to suffer even more when you stare at a screen for such a long time.
Apart from all these factors, working on a computer gets even more challenging after a certain age like your forties. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.