Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S EzhilarasiYour feedback matters!
My child is 2 years and he has got ulcers in mouth and on tongue. So he is not eating anything. And too much crying due to pain on tongue. Please advice medicine which can cure it quickly and relief the pain.
My son has diarrhea after he takes any fluid. What do to stop loose stool. He had 7episode of watery diarrhea.
Hi mam, I I've 20 days baby. My breast milk is not enough to my baby. My milk was in soo less quantity. So that how to increase my breast milk supply. please kindly give suggestions through medicine or good diet. I am suffering a lot for this problem bcz he is 20 days baby. please mam.
My son is 3.5 years old. He is taking macox zh kid for 4 months. How long will it take to stop. Whether the doctor will stop by 6 months or will he continue. I fear to ask him bec still he is having cold. Can we give curd during cold?
I am in Bangalore. My daughter (2yrs 10months) has fever since Tuesday morning. She has cough as well.The pediatrician said its a regular flu and prescribed dologel for fever less than 102 and meftal for >102 fever. Earlier the fever came at 4 hrs intervals. Since yesterday morning , her fever came at intervals of around 7-8 hours. Is the line of treatment ok?
My baby is 6 months old. Till now I was giving her powdered milk (Farex). From now. please suggest me which type of milk is best for my baby. 1. Powdered milk 2. Cow milk 3. Toned milk of packet (for eg. Mother dairy) And why!
I am 25 years old and suffering from respiration problem from last six years I went to many doctors and now I am using inhaler which I have to take daily for two times. I want to get rid of inhaler. please tell me the solution.
My 7 year old son is suffering from nasal bleeding. Sometimes not daily or often his nose bleeds. X ray was done and the doctor told that the cause was hypertopheid adenoids. Kindly advise. Regards
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.