Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My gf is virgin and we are planning to have sex tomorrow .so if I will have sex with her 1to 2 times within 2 hours randomly will there be any problem for her any pain in vagina or pain while walking .anything?
I am 21 years old. My virginity is break last week. I was done sex with someone. My marriage held on after 3 months. For recover my vagina tight what should I do?
I got my period 2 times in a month (31st march then on 15 april) within a gap of 10 days and also last year my periods were regular for some months and coming late in some months. Also last year I was tested for thyroid, blood sugar and pcos (ultrasound) but nothing showed in the report. please suggest is anything wrong.
Fear is a very crippling feeling , which you might have to go through at various situations of life. You might be scared of heights, darkness, and public speaking, even scared of being lonely. Fear is very difficult to overcome as it can debilitate you and render you useless. Even if you cannot be superhuman, you can at least aim to be someone who can confront his/her fear and render the fear useless. Here are a few tips on how you can confront your fear:
- Breathe: Breathing slowly and deeply actually helps. It calms your nerves and relaxes you. Short and shallow breaths can trigger panic and fear. If you breathe out longer than the time you take to breathe in, your body relaxes immediately. Try it; it actually works the best. Whenever you feel that you are panicking or that you are feeling afraid, take deep breaths. Concentrate on your breathing. Count till 7 when you breathe in and till 11 when you breathe out. You will be surprised to find out how quickly you have calmed down.
- Identify the fear: This is a very important step as you need to figure out why you are scared or afraid. There has to be a specific reason behind every single fear that you have. Try to identify that reason. Delve deep into your memory and try figuring out what exactly evoked the fear. Once you know the reason, you will be able to understand the base of your fear, and you will find it easier to overcome.
- Get ready to be peaceful: If you start feeling anxious, nervous or afraid, breathe in and out. Then think of how you will get positive outcomes from the particular act you are being anxious about. If you have to go into a dark room to get something and you are afraid of darkness, just think how you will be able to get what you desire if only you step into the darkness for a fraction of second. This will help build your confidence and will slowly get you accustomed to moving on with your fear.
- Control what you imagine: If you are afraid of something, whether tangible or not, your imaginations about it will run wild. You might start imagining stuff which are not even real or which might just ingrain your mind and establish the fear on solid ground. Hence it is high time you need to control your imagination. Imagination is a very unique gift if you want to create something beautiful, which will help encourage you. But if you start imagining how a spider will just grow in size and number, and will fly towards you, then you have to put a lid on it.
Being afraid is common. Even the bravest people are afraid. Don't be embarrassed about that. Just face it and try to let go of it.
I am 20yrs old female. I didnt had my periods dis month it has been 7days late in accordance to the due date. please help me with your suggestions.
Period ke 12 to 16 days ke beech mai sex Ek baar karne se pregnancy ho sakti hai kya sir yaa daily karna jaruri hai is time mai sex pregnancy ke liye please mujhe sir clear karo is baat ko please sir.
Sir I am married since 4 years and I have 1 child and I had physical relationship with married women without protection it had continued for 2 years even I had in relationship with wife now I am scared that can I get or infected by hiv please confirm I don't want to do blood test please confirm.
I am a mother of 1 1/2 month's toddler. Do I need to follow any particular diet? I am breast feeding my son.
My period cycle 28 days for 2 month my period did not came regularly last date 8 sep n next cycle expetd on 8 oct but it cnt came?
Dark Chocolate: Stress Buster and other Health benefits
Who doesn't love chocolate? It is one of the most popular guilty pleasures that people like to indulge in. But science has proven that you need not feel guilty while snacking on chocolates because it is actually quite healthy. Not just any kind of chocolate, dark chocolate has plenty of health benefits according to studies. Read on to find out how dark chocolate can improve your life.
- Acts as a stress reliever - In today's busy lifestyle, stress is your constant companion. It is important to keep your stress level under control, as it can lead to anxiety and other damaging conditions. Eating dark chocolate every day has proven to relieve stress to a great extent by lowering your stress hormone cortisol. So, look no further for your stress remedy, than your refrigerator.
- Loaded with antioxidants - There are free radicals everywhere that can cause diseases; antioxidants are such compounds that disarm these free radicals, so it is recommended to eat an antioxidant-rich diet. It has been found that dark chocolate and unprocessed cocoa are replete with antioxidants like flavanols, polyphenols, catechins and others.
- Reduces blood pressure - It has been proven that dark chocolate can reduce blood pressure. The flavanols present in dark chocolate lead to the production of nitric oxide which in turn signals the arteries to calm down and decrease the resistance to the blood flow which leads to a reduction in the blood pressure.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases - Dark chocolates can reduce the risk of many cardiovascular diseases. Consuming dark chocolate lowers the possibility of cholesterol accumulation in the arteries over time. Experiments have been conducted to show that chocolate lovers have a lower risk of cardiac diseases.
- Enhances cognitive function - Cocoa can boost brain function in the elderly. It increases the flow of blood to the brain which enhances cognitive functions especially in people with mental deterioration.
To enjoy the health benefits of dark chocolate, be sure to invest in organic chocolate which has 70% or more cocoa content.
Related Tip: Stress and Hair loss. Are they related??
Hii. I was about to meet my bf. Due to that I took primolut twice 3 days to extend the period. We had sex while we met. After that I felt something went wrong so I stopped taking primolut and took unwanted 72. After one day, I got periods but only two drop came out. I am worried what should I do now.
What is a dowager's hump?
The term dowager's hump is a more casual term for the medical condition referred to as kyphosis. It is the uncommon curvature of the thoracic vertebrae of the upper part of the back in an outward direction.
It is most commonly seen in women than in men. When the front part of the vertebrae becomes involved and gets compressed due to osteoporosis, it will later on result to the spine bending forward and producing a hump at the upper back portion.
What causes a dowager's hump?
The hump can be caused by other conditions and these should be determined in order to get the correct treatment. Based on the research of the university of maryland medical center, this kyphosis problem can be caused by genetic abnormalities.
The disfiguration in the patient's genes can result to the inappropriate growth of the vertebral column. Other conditions linked with other congenital problems could also cause this hump.
It is also been mentioned in some studies that it can also be due to wedge fractures wherein the front part of a vertebra collapses causing the spine to be misaligned a little. The above part of the fracture tips forwards and creating a slight back curve.
As the vertebra over the wedge fracture is tipped forward, it puts pressure on other vertebrae that could lead to developing a wedge fracture in another vertebra. The more wedge fractures are occurring; the back gets more bowed. In severe cases, a person's back can be extremely bent over.
How is a dowager's hump treated?
There are several ways to treat dowager's hump. The main goal of treatment for this condition is by preventing bone loss, although it can also be utilized as a management which is beneficial for patients who experience pain resulting from vertebral fractures.
The procedure is called vertebroplasty, where bone cement is injected to stabilize the vertebrae. Another procedure for this condition is performing kyphoplasty for individuals with compression fractures in the bottom half of the spine.
Exercises for dowager's hump
Based on some research studies in the medical society, yoga exercises can be a great contribution in treating dowager's hump. The upper spine curvature of individuals who did yoga for six months reduced the back problem by about five percent compared to those who did not.
Here are some 5 easy poses that can be done to straighten the spine:
Sit straight at the front edge of the chair with the butt firm and flat. Secure the feet on the floor by steadying it there. Inhale and stretch out the spine upward. Bring the shoulders down along with the head placed over the spine, then breathe uniformly keeping the posture for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Sit in the same seated mountain position then pull the head backward as if making a double chin. Do it again for 6 to 10 times. Do not lift or jut the chin in a forward manner. Focus on the backward movement with the shoulder rolled and lifted when inhaling, then compress the shoulder blades together at the back when exhaling. Do it 6 to 10 times in full circles.
Sit tall. Inhale while clasping the hands behind the back. Hold the arms away from the body when exhaling. Do it all over for 3 to 6 times. Remain in the same pose by continuously breathing if desired.
Sit tall as above. Keep the fit firm on the floor and draw the head back. Stay in this posture, and then bend forward by not rounding the spine. The muscles in the abdomen should remain firm and shoulders should be square. Bend back as far as possible with the feel still planted on the floor. Go through again for 10 to 20 times.
Methods of prevention for dowager's hump
Preventive measures must be taken to avoid this condition. Tips that can prevent dowager's hump include:
Daily doses of vitamins c and d
Work-outs for coordination and balance in order to prevent spine fractures
Eat a healthy and balanced diet
Training for strength and weight.