Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. S ChitrambalamYour feedback matters!
I am 43 year old I am working as clerk in jnv. Doctor, my right leg feeling senseless. Feeling like no leg and always some inside feeling with I am unable to express. Kindly help me.
I have the problem of fits (epilepsy) since 2008. It happens one or two times in a year. As it gives no symptoms like headache etc. Before it. Why this is happened? I took treatment in two hospitals. All the reports are normal. Doctor suggested to take tablets eptoin 100 mg twice a daily upto lifetime. Is it have any side effects?
Sir my question is that I am suffered from a disease which is like a headache since 10 year I has eaten so many medicine but does not get me relief .this is like a one side headache this is starts from upper side of my right ear and sometime it occurs on upper side of my left ear .and my temporal parts gets completely heavy. I can not explain that how long this pain occur. So this is my requested that please give me. The suggestion to avoid this problem .sir really I doest able to concentrate on my. Study .I does not remember any thing .
I am 24 year old. I have migraine problem. What are the preventions for it? What can I do whenever my headache is increased? Is there any long term solution for it?
I am feeling numbness in right part of my body specially in right arm and leg. This happened two days before also on the same side and reached left hand too. please help, its kind of weird feeling, with a bit of sensation in both the palms.
Hello sir, I am 22 years old male i am suffering from legs and hands numblling so please tell me know which food for good health for nerves. And some of the doubt join 1 week daily sex causes nervous weak or not? And late night sleep please natural tips`
My mother is in her late 50's she is having hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, osteoporosis, hyperlipidemia which medicines she should take.
Sir I am 20 year old engg student . Some times I feel so hungry and start shaking hands and feels very weak. And after talking meal its started again after 1 hour . Its happens continue for 2-3 days . My GTT report is . Fasting - 83 After 1 hr - 112 After 2 hr - 105 When check my bp its normal Plzz solution for me . Its happening from around 1 year . My weight is 74 kg Height is 5'9"
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I am just 16 years old and I have problem of migraine my head pain from upper part lower part and near ear how to escape from migraine pain please suggest some way.
I am 22 male, frm past 2 weeks I cnt sleep properly, my mind is full of thoughts while sleeping and if I manage to sleep anyhow, I woke at early mrng do notknow wts going on, is it insomnia? If I took sleeping pill will I be addicted to tht fr lifetime?
From recent months I am suffering with a problem. My legs are frequently and easily getting numbness and I am feeling burning sensation in the leg joints of my left leg my limbs are easily getting numbness and I have burning sensation in the feet also. Please tell the cause for this?
I am a 25 year old and have a headache since last 2.5 months. I have already seen doctors and they told that symptoms match to those of a migraine. I have already taken migraine medicines for over a month. But yet I encounter headache, heavy headedness and nausea daily. I don't understand why is it continuous? How to lower the frequency. I cannot concentrate at my work, at my study. I was going gym for some while which I have quit. My lifestyle is fine but again I always feel tired. Whenever I am alone I feel weirdly lonely and cry often. Are the continuous headaches because of migraine or is there a possibility that I am under depression. I have experienced many lows including a breakup, failure at a competitive exam recently. Should I consult a neurologist or a psychologist. I am not really a weak heart-ed person but I am really worried about my health, my current attitude and my future if things does not change. Kindly suggest.
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition.