Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.Chetan KumarYour feedback matters!
Mai diabetes ka patient hu. Or meri sugar roj bilkul low ho jati h. Mai davai bhi time se le raha hu fir bhi as ho raha h.
My father has a problem, whenever he takes shower with cold or hot water at any time of the day he sneezes for like 15-20 min. This is happening from like 6 months. What might be the problem and pls tell me the solution. He Doesn't have diabetics.
I'm a 25 years old girl with no thyroid. I have body pain all d time but haven't consulted a doctor. I feel lot of heat inside my body which is causing more discomfort. What should I do?
I am 39 years old. I got check lipid profile my trygeloceride is 360 and uric acid is increased what medicine and diet should take please advice me how to reduce these data.
What type of oil should be used for cooking for diabetic patient? We use soybean oil is it good or bad? Please suggest good oil for controlling diabetes?
1. Excercise definitely helps since it burns the calories in blood so sugar come down
2. Controlled diet so as to enjoy foods in life while not over burden you body with sugar in blood or glucose
3. Now a days herbal tea is available -to drink 3 times a day if control over the
Sugar is fine < continue / with out discontinuing the medicines if already taking
While you monitor the sugar levels
4. Direct avoiding the sugar and sweets made with sugar and jaggery (gud)
You can call or write
I have recently diagnosed with diabetes. Can I old tell me the diet and daily exercise need to do and precaution. I need to takeThanks.
I sirish chandu really suffering from diabetics. Some times I even get headaches, and I can't able to walkway with my own legs. So please suggest me some healthy tips for this diabetics.
I am diabetic and my sugar level is normal now and I am feeling uneasy and my creatinine is 1.1 and urea is 35 so please suggest me for my food and my daily life.
My hba1c is 6.7 and TSH 9.3 For sugar iam taking maxformin 750, for thyroid iam taking Thyrofit 25mcg Ineed to take this tablets for life time?
We are planning for a baby by next year, but we both are having hypo thyroid n I get always severe period cramp, so I want to know that any test should I do or any suggestion regarding this?
Respected doctor, I am a patient of hypothyroidism since last 5 years and taking medicine eltroxin 50 everyday in empty stomach. But during last 2 months my eyes are getting dry (eye fluids are getting dry) .everyday after 8-9 PM the trouble insisted and till sleep it gives trouble. I use to put water or teardrop medicine to resolve the problem. I had done the thyroid test in every year and the test results are within limit.(t3, t4, tsh) Now my 1st question, is thyroid is curable or I had to take medicine for life long. 2nd question, is there is any side effects of the thyroid medicine like cholesterol or obesity/thin ness/ memory loss etc. Please advice how to sort out this dry eye problem and the rests. Kindly advice.
Hello, My current uric acid level is high based on blood test. Can anybody advice me on what type of diet to be taken to prevent uric acid levels from rising up. Thanking you.
What should be a perfect meal for a sugar patient and what exercise she should do and what medical treatment she should get for ge relief soon.
1. Avoid eating following food items. Potato, rice, corn, corn flakes, market made cereal, muesli (contains added sugar), oily stuff such as parantha, poori & pakode.
2. Take a brisk walk for at least 30 kin per day preferably in morning. Brisk walking means at a pace when you start getting tired and sweaty.
3. Weight reduction is very important. Of you r overweight join some cardio program or swimming or jogging or walking to reduce weight
4. Take small meals frequently. Instead of having large meals at long intervals.
5. Ideally blood sugar should be checked daily but thats not possible in our scenario so once a week or twice a month is f9.
6. Get your eyes checked regularly for signs of diabetic retinopathy. Visit ophthalmologist as soon as you are diagnosed with type diabetes. You will be shocked to know that a large number of diabetics are diagnosed by their ophthalmologists
7. Diabetes have an effect on kidneys and nerves also so get renal function test every 6 monthly or so.
8. Foot care is very imp in diabetes because even a trivial injury in. Leg can become gangrene. Use silicone sole footwear available at medical shops. Never go outside with bare foot.
10. Regular medicine intake is very imp
11. Lastly diabetes is a lifestyle disorder. Sedentary lifestyle makes things worse and result into syndrome x which apart from diabetes also includes increased lipids in blood and hypertension. Adopt an active life style.
The study found couples struggling to conceive eat less fruit and vegetables than people who have just become parents.
Men who want to become fathers should eat their greens
Fruit and vegetables are good for male fertility because they contain compounds that could protect sperm from damage.
The minerals zinc, found in beans and pulses, and selenium, found in eggs, help keep testosterone levels high.
The antioxidants found in fruits help protect sperm from cellular damage and keep them strong and speedy - just what they need to race through the fallopian tubes and fertilize the egg.
Zinc deficiency can actually reduce testosterone levels; for men with low testosterone - zinc was shown to raise testosterone and increase fertility. Zinc deficiencies are some of the most common deficiencies found in both men and women. Sources of zinc are sesame seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, and green peas. Find vitamin a - which is important in preventing sluggish sperm - infertility foods such as leafy greens, carrots, red peppers, and apricots, to name a few. Get vitamin c - which is critical to sperms motility and viability - in papaya, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, oranges, kiwifruit, tomatoes, grapefruit, and broccoli, among other foods. And get vitamin e - which helps keep sperm vital - from vegetable oils. Fruits and veggies such as leafy greens, beans, and most fruits contain folic acid - a b vitamin with antioxidant properties that's crucial for keeping sperm free of chromosomal abnormalities. Pomegranate juice: another powerful player in antioxidant. Foods rich in l-carnitine are nuts, seeds, and many vegetables, including artichokes, asparagus, beet greens, broccoli, brussels sprouts, collard greens, garlic, mustard greens, okra, and parsley. This amino acid is a necessary nutrient for sperm cells to function normally.