Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. ChandrasekarYour feedback matters!
My T3, T4,TSH Thyroid test is in normal range. But Doctor prescribe tablet eltroxin 50 mg by clinically investigation. Can I take this medicine?
I have problem of uric acid. What I have to do to control it. It is near about 6.7. so, what to do.?
I am 26 years old now. I am suffering from Hypothyroid. Earlier my TSH Level was 7.43 and then 3.73 and now it is 6.42 but I have not taken any medicine now. Earlier I took thyronorm 50 mg. I am 89 kg. What should I do now. Can I cure it naturally?
I am suffering from thyroid problems. While shifting house i missed my tablets and so lazy to buy new one and i started some changes in my body withi 1 month i gained 15kg now iam78kgs my height is 5'11.Consulting doctor but still need someone who can help me in my diet i am 31years old. Thank you.
I am overweight n I have thyroid too I am on medication for that. My doctor suggested me to have glycomet 850 since I have high insulin that is 40 which should range between 10-25 approx do not remember exact figures Now I am having diabetes that is y he is telling me yo have that medicine. Tell me good thing which I should take care of.
My dad is having diabetes from last 20 yrs and he is using insulin twice a day. Insulin- human mixture Let me know if he can use any tablet rather then injecting insulin in the body.
I am 53 years. I run for 8 to 10 km. My left leg hill pains. My both nee also pain. My sugar Fasting 124 and after break fast 111 on last checking.
I am 26 years old. Since last month I experience symptoms like weakness, feeling tired, weight loss. I did a blood sugar test and found to be diabetic. Now taking humalog mix - 25 16 units each bbf and bd. Want some advice how to control it and to stop insulin. because I heard taking insulin regularly is bad for health rather than taking tablet. My mom and dad are diabetic.
My father have diabetes and after few years sugar affects on kidney and my father creatinine goes to 6-7 and one thing more water is filled in lungs due to kidneys and he have bp problem alsoDialysis is done after one month. please suggest this all can be cured permanently
I am a type-2 diabetic person since last 12 years. Now my sugar level is FBS 170 & PPBS 300 . I reularly taking my medicine as per my doctor advice but not getting time to make regular exercise. Now I am feeling weaker day by day. Please suggest.
I have advised by doctor to take T4 thyroid test for my wife and got the result is 13.8. She is pregnant now and completed 7 weeks. I would like to know whether this is normal or high. If it's high what would be the best remedy for this? Kindly assist me.
Hi Dr. I have thyroid 22 and want to pregnant. 3 4 days before I come to knw that I have thyroid my one child is 7 yrs old its to late fr me to plan next baby bt knw I want to become pregnant I take 100 mg eltroxin hw much time take n to control my thyroid level. So I conceive. I try 3 month bt nt convieve my other test report r ok. please help me I want to get pregnant early.
We came to know last week that my father got sugar levels above 500 and now in present it is not coming down from 300 please let me know how to get level down.
Female infertility affects nearly 40 million women world over, as per medical studies. If the female patient is not able to conceive after trying for a period of over six months without the use of any protection or contraception, there are chances that she may be suffering from infertility. This condition must be checked and treated at the earliest. Read on to know more about the various causes behind female infertility.
- Fallopian Tubes: When the fallopian tubes undergo any kind of damage, it may lead to infertility for the woman in question. These tubes are used by the eggs as they travel from the ovaries to the uterus. The eggs meet the sperm in order for the baby to be conceived and to develop. Pelvic infections and pelvic surgery can cause scarring and bleeding which can stop the sperm and the egg from meeting. This scarring may also come about as a result of endometriosis.
- Hormonal Issues: There are a variety of hormones at play within one's body at any given point of time, and a balance of these hormones is absolutely essential for the various functions of the body to be carried out in a normal manner. When the body does not go through proper hormonal changes that are required for the release of the egg, this can prevent the pregnancy from happening. This can also lead to a thickening of the uterine lining which can stop the egg from travelling from the ovaries.
- Cervical Problems: The cervix is one of the most important parts of the female reproductive system. It is a passage that can be found at the lower end of the womb. When there is a condition that may affect the cervix of the female patient, it can also prevent the sperm from travelling through the cervical canal in order to reach the egg. This comes about as a symptom of a cervical problem.
- Uterine Problem: One may develop polyps or fibroids within the uterus, thus giving rise to difficulties when it comes to getting pregnant. These growths can usually be found when there are too many cells thriving in the endometrium, which is basically the lining of the uterus.
- Unexplained Reasons: There are a number of 'unexplained' reasons that can prevent pregnancy. These reasons plague almost 20% of the couples who are suffering from infertility or the inability to conceive a baby.
Tests: While the diagnosis of the condition can be done with the help of an HSG test using an ultrasound, the doctor can also use this method to check for fallopian tube blockages. A laparoscopy may also be used for diagnosis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 26 year unmarried girl having hypothyroidism, my tsh is 5.5, and taking thyronorm 25 mcg, now I had gain weight around 20 kg within 4years, now I am feeling helpless to reduce weight, feeling less active and pain in feet after just half an hour walk. Please help me to reduce weight with home remedy.
I am 17 year old girl & my menstrual are not regular & my mom has thyroid. please advice for both the problems.?
Thyronorm 25 mg Tablet helpful to cure thyroid of Mail Person Or Not. Höw Many Tests WE Need to usw These Tablet to cure.
Hypothyroidism is a condition called deficiency of thyroid hormone. The main duty of thyroid hormone is to rmaintain the metabolism of the body. Hence, the person affected by it will experience slow metabolism. Hypo means underactive, which means the lack of thyroid hormones in the body.
Types of Hypothyroidism
This happens when the functioning thyroid gland fail to produce T3 and T4. As a result, pituitary gland releases Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). This helps in producing T3 and T4 hormones. This cause is termed as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Primary Hypothyroidism is the deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate production.
- Secondary Hypothyroidism is deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate stimulation of the thyroid gland through pituitary gland.
Causes of Hypothyroidism
- Deficiency of Iron
- Viral infections or other respiratory disorders
- Certain medicines such as lithium that is used to treat psychiatric
- Radiation therapy for some cancers
- Treating hyperthyroidism with anti-thyroid medicine
- An underactive thyroid gland by birth
- The hypothyroidism during pregnancy.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Weight gain
- Dry, rough pale skin
- Coarse, dry hair
- Hair loss
- Muscle cramps and muscle aches
- Cold intolerance
- Memory loss
- Abnormal menstrual cycles
- Decreased libido
Homeopathy Treatment for Hypothyroidism
Homeopathy medicines are always known for treating the disease permanently and same way the medicine performs here too. The disease could be treated through different medicines in homeopathy. Choosing or prescribing the right medicine depends on the cause of the disease and its effect.
Here is the list of homeopathy medicines that helps in eradicating the effectiveness of the disease completely.
- Calcarea Carbonica
- Sepia Officinalis
- Lycopodium Clavatum
- Nux Vomica
- Iodum treats hypothyroidism. The person is emaciated
- Thymusinum - treatment of stunted conditions in children
- Bromum treats goiter
- Lapis albus treats hyperthyroidism and goiter
- Natrum muriaticum treats an under active gland
However, these are just the names of the medicines, which should not be taken without prior approval from a homeopathy doctor, as the dosage and frequency of the medicine will be decided by the doctor based on the patient's condition and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.